Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
How to make your own Naturally extracted Tobacco NET's.
Unknown03 Offline

Likes Given: 1
RE: How to make your own Naturally extracted Tobacco NET's.
(18-12-2013 04:54 AM)18sixfifty Wrote:  I'm sure you have all heard of NET's Naturally extracted tobacco. Well, this is how I do it. 

You will NOT get a taste like a cigarette. What you will get is a taste like tobacco and it really tastes like a mild smooth tobacco not harsh like a cig. 

You can start with either a good cigar or Roll Your Own tobacco but I personally use whole leaf tobacco from this site. This page is their sample's they come in 1/4 pound packages. Most are $5 or $6. 

http://www.leafonly.com/broadleaf_tobacc...amples.php

You will also need some PG or VG if you use VG it will take much longer to strain but you can do it or you can do a combination of the two. 

Take your leaf and cut it up into small pieces and place it in a mason jar then simply cover it in either PG or VG. place a lid backwards on jar.  If you want specific numbers I go with two times the amount of liquid as tobacco per weight. You don't have to be that picky and of course you can experiment and find what you like best. 

I use a pressure cooker, you can also use a slow cooker or just a pot with water in the bottom. Make sure that your jar is not sitting on the bottom so that your tobacco doesn't burn. In a pressure cooker set it at 10lb's and cook for 12 to 14 hours. You will have a very dark brown sludge. Strain this through coffee filters one at a time at least 4 times. This is so you do not clog up your atties. If you are using a slow cooker you can take up to three days. With boiling water keep in on medium and it will take a couple of days. 

This is one of my favorite recipes. 

3/4 Virginia flue cured sweat

3/16th Burly 

1/16th fronto dark air cured (hint of chocolate flavor in there) 

If you are looking for a real tobacco flavor (not cigarette burnt flavor) this will knock your socks off. 

Personally I mix this with swedish fish/cinnamon for my everyday vape. When I was in business this was my secret recipe and I sold a ton of it. 

Good luck, have fun and Enjoy!! 

Ps. Please post any of your results or any recipes you would like to share in this thread. It would make a great place to keep the info in one spot.

This looks really interesting and I can't wait to try it out. I hate to resurrect an old thread, but I'm curious about a few things. First, would it be possible to use alcohol/everclear in the extraction process? I have a bottle of 190 proof available.

Also, if you don't mind my asking, what happened to your business?
09-10-2014 06:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
Howdy, I have never tried it with everclear but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

My business was primarily making box mods and I made some of the first VV box mods around. However, when China started making all the clones it just wasn't worth making them anymore. On the Juice end I was actually getting close to retirement and have assets to protect. I am still worried about what will happen down the road. Also I don't think it necessarily must be something worth suing vendors over, but I can see big pharma or big tobacco backing lawsuits someplace down the line and defending yourself against one can be enough to bankrupt you. I saw this happen against my father's business. He as involved in the 70's manufacturing foam insulation. Dow Chemical created a BS hype against foam insulation claiming it caused illness and was full of formaldehyde. All of a sudden people came out of the woodwork claiming symptoms and jumping on board. It destroyed the business and cost a ton of money. These companies along with the government will stop at nothing and I really didn't want to be one of their casualties.   

But it was fun while it lasted!

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?
09-10-2014 09:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes 18sixfifty's post:
Unknown03 (10-09-2014)
Unknown03 Offline

That's very interesting. Who do you think would be at risk? I bet it will soon be illegal to even buy nicotine liquid.
09-10-2014 10:17 PM
KPS257 Offline

Likes Given: 0
(26-01-2014 08:34 PM)Don Wrote:  Add some vacuum to speed up filtration.

A Buchner flask, some tubing, a funnel, a bored rubber stopper, and a water jet vacuum pump (Works off tap water) and some fine filter papers should make the job a lot faster.

Shouldn't cost too much at your friendly neighbourhood lab equipment supplier. Most decent sized towns should have one somewhere.

You can probably improvise everything but the water jet vacuum pump. But you can get those for around £20. It's not a hard vacuum so you don't need fancy high-strength glassware.
This will do the trick

Ebay

Buchner flask and funnel.

The only vacuum pumps I could find were taking the mickey on pricing except the linked one from Latvia. Some of his other stuff is going to make the postal people and Customs crap themselves. A kilogram of hexamine is not something you want to have posted. Or a kilogram of potassium hydroxide!

Do not search ebay for vacuum pump unless you want to wade through 30-40 pages of penis enlarger pumps.
How many ml / hr does one of these puppies suck through a filter? for 30 bucks I'd say its worth the investment if its saving me countless hours of waiting.

Also while I've got you here, what have you found to be the best base for NET extraction? I shy away from PGA because I'm fairly certain the alcohol will react chemically with the tobacco in an unfavorable manor.  What amount of time do you generally use for a cold maceration? I keep hearing anything from 3 days to 6 months and "its all up to personal preference" but thats poppycock, surely someones taking notes?

Regards,

Kevin
(This post was last modified: 24-10-2014 09:01 PM by KPS257.)
24-10-2014 09:01 PM
Unknown03 Offline

So, I just wanted to say that I tried the alcohol method and it worked as far as I can tell. I used everclear (190 proof) and let the alcohol evaporate, then I mixed in just enough water to turn the "goo" into a liquid state and filtered it through a coffee filter. This stuff tastes exactly like how it smells, which can be both good and bad. Personally, I found the flavor horrendous. Like sweaty gym socks. I gagged and almost threw up after a few vapes, but technically it has been a success.
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2014 07:27 PM by Unknown03.)
06-11-2014 07:26 PM
bigcraig Offline

Likes Given: 16
Intresting read this thread,,,i wanna give this a go,,,as mentiond in one of the posts i totally agree with,,most of the tobacco concentrate flavs i tried and used dont quite cut it at times,,and theres always that hint of chemicaly unatural type taste in the backround
But im liking the sound of this,,,,
19-11-2014 05:23 AM
bigcraig Offline

Ok,,have taken the plunge and ordered some tobacco leaf from wholeleaftabaccoonly.com
Sweet virginia cured,,,,also one of those coffee filter plunger gizmos,,,,( sounds like a good idea)
Quick question,,,i take it the leaf has to be completely dry before starting the process,,,if wen it arrives its not,,,hows the best way of going about drying it out, So as not to ruin any flavour goodness from it?
20-11-2014 05:47 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes bigcraig's post:
BOB (11-20-2014)
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
Howdy, glad to see you liked the idea. You will love it. If you use it while it's still wet it will just taste a little green is all. Not necessarily bad. On the drying part, I wouldn't do anything to speed dry it. Just hang a leaf someplace and let nature take it's course. I won't take long.

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?
20-11-2014 06:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes 18sixfifty's post:
bigcraig (11-20-2014)
bigcraig Offline

okey dokey 18650,,,,,the leaf has arrived this morning,,,im on it just now,,,,lol,,the leaves were for the most part pretty dry as far as i could tell,,so following your instructions,,( between cold beers)
stripped some of the leafs off the stalks,,,n chopped them up,,,,commissiond a pyrex bowl,and the slow cooker,,,,
tbh i heard about this a while ago and i wished i tried it before now,,but im on it now,,,,,will post up me first attempt results,,

Just to add big thanks for posting this up,,,
If nothing else this vaping malarkie has kept me captivated for the past couple of years lol,,,
Not looking forward to the g/f comming in and seeing her last years birthday present cooking baccy ,,lololololol
(This post was last modified: 20-11-2014 07:31 PM by bigcraig.)
20-11-2014 07:27 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes bigcraig's post:
Spasmod (11-20-2014)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 9,003
LOL Craig Tongue

Good luck buddy.. just make sure you don't let it boil and a tip from me.. filter it twice through two separate coffee filters.

When you make your first mix bear in mind it will be very bitter and quite strong so I'd start with 10% and go from there. Also, you'll find it gets better after it's been left to steep for a while.

Good
20-11-2014 08:38 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spasmod's post:
bigcraig (11-20-2014)