Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
How to make your own Naturally extracted Tobacco NET's.
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 13,421
RE: How to make your own Naturally extracted Tobacco NET's.
Add some vacuum to speed up filtration.

A Buchner flask, some tubing, a funnel, a bored rubber stopper, and a water jet vacuum pump (Works off tap water) and some fine filter papers should make the job a lot faster.

Shouldn't cost too much at your friendly neighbourhood lab equipment supplier. Most decent sized towns should have one somewhere.

You can probably improvise everything but the water jet vacuum pump. But you can get those for around £20. It's not a hard vacuum so you don't need fancy high-strength glassware.
This will do the trick

Ebay

Buchner flask and funnel.

The only vacuum pumps I could find were taking the mickey on pricing except the linked one from Latvia. Some of his other stuff is going to make the postal people and Customs crap themselves. A kilogram of hexamine is not something you want to have posted. Or a kilogram of potassium hydroxide!

Do not search ebay for vacuum pump unless you want to wade through 30-40 pages of penis enlarger pumps.

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com
26-01-2014 08:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
Holy crap, I won't be ordering that stuff, I'll tell you what. When I was placing large orders for box mods I had to file with Homeland (in)Security. I don't want to know what they would think if on top of thousands of batteries and battery boxes and switches I then went and ordered that stuff. I might just just get disappeared. Order a bunch of pressure cookers and fer sure I would. 

(Anyone ever hear the term "Homeland Security" and think of the Third Reich and Gestapo?)
26-01-2014 09:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Don Offline
Senior Staff

That gear is very, very widely used anywhere that chemistry gets done. And that is probably a lot more places than most people think.

TBH I'd be more worried about the DEA than Homeland Security.

26-01-2014 09:48 PM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,853
ROFL - I think I'll just wait Tongue
26-01-2014 11:04 PM
dbrannon79 Offline

Likes Given: 2
I'm new to the vaping experience and learing about diy e liquids.   I have to ask...  this sounds very interesting, is this possible to do in a small scale using the tobacco from your favorite pack of cigarettes? I wanted to get a good cigarette tobacco flavor for vaping.  I don't really care for cigars or pipe tobacco!  Idea
31-03-2014 04:21 AM
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Yep but you will get whatever chemicals are in it as well. Plus it's still not going to taste like a cigarette because it's not smoke. Lot's of shops sell organic loose leaf tobacco though, so you can do that. It's not going to be exactly like a cig but pretty close. Especially when you get a rather dry hit. 

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?
31-03-2014 07:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes 18sixfifty's post:
dbrannon79 (04-01-2014)
Don Offline
Senior Staff

(31-03-2014 04:21 AM)dbrannon79 Wrote:  I'm new to the vaping experience and learing about diy e liquids.   I have to ask...  this sounds very interesting, is this possible to do in a small scale using the tobacco from your favorite pack of cigarettes? I wanted to get a good cigarette tobacco flavor for vaping.  I don't really care for cigars or pipe tobacco!  Idea
Hi and welcome!

Like 18650 said, it won't be the same as smoking. Spas made a lovely extract that tastes like unburnt tobacco smells. It is really nice but not the same. 

Using cigarettes for the extraction is a very expensive way of going about it - there's a huge amount of tax on them in most parts of the world. You should be able to get the leaves for way less - just find leaves normally used for cigarette manufacture.

31-03-2014 08:07 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don's post:
dbrannon79 (04-01-2014)
dbrannon79 Offline

Likes Given: 2
Thanks guys, I didn't think about loose tobacco!  will have to try that!   in the mean time until I round everything up and start the process to make the flavor, I ordered the 7 leaf tobacco flavor by Flavorart from ecigexpress.com after reading the reviews it looked like a good place to start.  when it arrived the first thing i did was open it up and smell the flavor!  I'm concerned that its not gonna taste like what I'm looking for!  it smells nothing like a fresh pack of cigarettes. maybe something like green tea maybe.  has anyone used this or possible recommend a better flavoring to use until I get started with natural tobacco?
01-04-2014 03:48 AM
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

You could look around for places that sell NET's. There are some I just don't know which ones are the best. I really don't care for any of the artificial flavored ones. Well some taste OK but they don't taste like tobacco to me. 

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?
01-04-2014 04:33 AM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,853
Through experience I've come to the conclusion that FA flavours are pretty nasty and all have that underlying same chemical taste. I have heard though that Inawera tobacco flavours  are outstanding. I've yet to try them myself though.

Please let us know if you find a good tobacco flavour you personally like as they're hard to find
01-04-2014 02:01 PM