Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
How to make your own Naturally extracted Tobacco NET's.
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,587
RE: How to make your own Naturally extracted Tobacco NET's.
I used the stove top Ban-Marie method for about 30 hours just keeping the leaves and PG warm not hot.

I'm thinking it's where the leaves weren't crispy dry, strange analogy but it tastes like weed that's not quite fully dried (from back in the day) Big Grin
13-01-2014 02:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 12,220
Just occurred to me that for straining the extract you could do worse than an AeroPress. Why this didn't occur to me earlier I've no idea as it's what I use to make my coffee all the time. It's a similar filtration problem. Mind I'd want to get it REALLY clean before using it to make coffee afterwards.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aerobie-Aeropr...27dc326cef for example.

It also makes the best coffee going. I've tried pretty much all coffee brewing devices and this is the one that does it best.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
13-01-2014 02:24 PM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Cool thanks Don

In the meantime I'm letting the flavour steep to see if it fixes itself while at the same time I'm thoroughly drying the other leaves so they're crispy dry before I try again.

All the damp leaves smell of chlorophyll but the dry crispy ones don't so I'm hoping it'll sort it.

Worse case I'll bin the lot and get some premade pipe tobacco instead
13-01-2014 05:29 PM
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
Funny I wrote out a long reply to this earlier and it's gone. 

Well anyway good luck and one way or another I'm sure you will figure it out and be glad you tried this method.
17-01-2014 04:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Pulsar Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 979
any idea what the MG of nicotine content would be in the extract? if you cut it down to a usable level with just pg/vg, would it make it taste watered down?

just asking, because the only time I really miss smoking is when I smell a freshly lit cig. once its burned a little its gross smelling again. I too love the smell/taste of fresh tobacco

[Image: 1299139200_30_1_USD_7.50_dark.png]
(This post was last modified: 17-01-2014 04:34 AM by Pulsar.)
17-01-2014 04:31 AM
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

(17-01-2014 04:31 AM)Pulsar Wrote:  any idea what the MG of nicotine content would be in the extract? if you cut it down to a usable level with just pg/vg, would it make it taste watered down?

just asking, because the only time I really miss smoking is when I smell a freshly lit cig. once its burned a little its gross smelling again. I too love the smell/taste of fresh tobacco

There is practically no nicotine in the extract at all. It takes a much more complex process to extract the nicotine. I looked into extracting nicotine once and it is quite a process and is a chemical process. You will need to dilute this because it is too strong flavor wise but not because of the nicotine. For making any recipe you can treat it as if it's Zero nic.  
17-01-2014 05:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Well the extract I made it's been standing for a few days and a mate of mine came over. He tried some and was like "dude you got to make me some 12mg version of that"

So I made him up a 30ml bottle at 12mg Nic and I have to say it was incredible!

I'm not joking it's really like smoking a mild cigar! I've never had anything taste even remotely like tobacco the way this does... Colour me very impressed! and thanks 18sixfifty for giving me the idea Smile

Next lot will be some Virginia (first one was Burley) and this time I've fully dried the leaves so they're crisp and crumbly Tongue
17-01-2014 05:46 AM
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Sweet!!! I'm glad you like it. It's the only way I will vape any tobacco flavored juice.
17-01-2014 06:40 AM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

next update!!

This time I decided to make some Virginia flavour but I made sure the leaves were 100% dry. I actually ground them to a powder with a Pestle & Mortar.

Steeping this time only took about 4 hours (much quicker) no Chlorophyll smell this time and what a beautiful smell this Virginia has! seriously it smells incredible.

I think this was the key... Fully drying and grinding - even though when I made the Burley extract it improved with steeping, it's definitely not on the same quality level (from smell at least) as the Virginia.

It's on it's last filter now (taking forever Ireful3 ) I'll let you know how it tastes but if it's anything like it smells I'm going to be stoked I-m_so_happy
26-01-2014 07:01 PM
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Sounds great. 

I don't usually grind mine but then I use the pressure cooker too. Less tiny particles to filter out. I know that some of the recipes I have seen they do grind them up and just filter them more. I know if I don't filter them enough I have to change my wicking material and clean up more often.
26-01-2014 08:10 PM