Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How important is a business name?
voodoo2 Offline

Likes Given: 1
How important is a business name?
Hi Vape community, 
I am wanting to start my own vape business, and was curious on what names you all are drawn to. The vape companies around my area are all generic and boring. I have thought of a few different names, but want to appeal to many different ages. Comments/Suggestions? 
06-03-2014 04:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes voodoo2's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)
Don Offline
Pod and Squonk Club founder :)
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 15,065
RE: How important is a business name?
Business names are always a minefield. Don't get too cute with it - if someone has to answer the phone they'll get sick of a silly name quickly. I always felt sorry for the person that answered the phone at a local nightclub - the tone she used when giving the name made it very clear she wasn't impressed with the name.

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com
06-03-2014 04:40 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
First off, congrats on the business idea and I wish you the very best of luck!

As for a name how about "Voodoo Vapes" or "Voodoo Vape Shop"?  If you decide to make and sell your own e-juices you could call them "Voodoo Potions".  I love a catchy name but it has to be a cool one.  Nothing childish sounding or something you would be embarrassed to say in certain groups.

Knowing that "Voodoo Vape Shop" was far too cool not to have been taken already I did a google search and found that it's already taken.  Can there be more than one if they are in different cities?  Different Countries?
06-03-2014 04:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes JohnnyMac's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
I like Voodoo Vape Shop. That's a good one. 

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?
06-03-2014 05:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes 18sixfifty's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)
voodoo2 Offline

Likes Given: 1
Thanks! Yeah, I did Google searches of names I thought of too, and a lot were taken in other states. I think you can open with the same name, but I dont want people googling my company and ordering from another out of state by accident. I am thinking of the older generation who do not use the internet too often. Smile
06-03-2014 08:11 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes voodoo2's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,301
From a business owner and marketing guy...

Name means very little - it's all in marketing and recognition.  The single most successful vape shop here in Vegas is called The Pink Spot.  There logo is a giant pink spot, lol.  Nothing vape related, nothing anything related - but lots, and lots, of marketing.  A few very prominent billboards, plenty of radio, and a good bit of banner advertising on cabs, busses, etc - keeps their name in everyone's head.  A strong internet presence and smart placement, and really, eveyone else - no matter if they're better or cheaper or what - is playing catch up.

A good slogan or catchy advertising tune is more effective than any name.  Zappo's - what's that got to do with shoes?  eBay - what's an eBay?  For that matter - what's a Starbuck?  The list goes on.

Make a catchy name, but it doesn't have to be anything vape related.  Focus MOST of your budget on good marketing, especially if you're focusing on retail.  Just a little friendly advice.

FWIW - I've seen one company that was YEARS ahead of the vape craze struggle due to lack of proper marketing (they're still prominent so I won't name names) - I even met with their owners and founders years ago to help, but they didn't want to spend money on marketing.  I've been approached by no fewer than 3 other people trying to start vape shops locally - and every one of them puts marketing dollars near the bottom of their priority list.  Don't make that mistake.  Just a little friendlly advice.  Smile

Oh - FWIW - that years-ahead-of-the-curve company?  Arguably the singe best vape-related name I've ever seen, lol.  With good marketing it SHOULD have been a household name years ago.  SMH

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
(This post was last modified: 30-03-2014 11:06 PM by Almost Jaded.)
30-03-2014 11:01 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Almost Jaded's post:
TinWhisker (02-03-2016), vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)