Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How-To Guide for eLeaf iStick 30w
goosesrh Offline

Likes Given: 18
Question How-To Guide for eLeaf iStick 30w
So I just upgraded from a Smoktech VV 900mAh battery to the iStick 30w. I have a DOVPO FIREFOG2 with two different types of coil setups. Bottom coil reads at 1.8 ohm and the (I think its called) a cartomizer coil that reads at 2 ohm. What I want to know is which coil would be best to use and at what watt/volt setting? Or what ohm coils should I get for it? I want to get the most vapor and flavor I can out of this feisty li'l iStick.
Any suggestions are welcome!
04-04-2015 02:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
RE: How-To Guide for eLeaf iStick 30w
I've never seen that atty before, so I can't give specific advice as to which style would work best. But I can tell you that the istick works great with any atty over 1.0 ohms, so you should be fine with either. As a general rule, lower resistance is better for making bigger clouds, while higher resistance means the coils will heat a little slower and produce smaller, more flavorful hits. As far as the power settings go, that's really a matter of preference and depends on a lot of factors, like what kind of juice you're using and what kind of vape you like. If you're using high PG juice or if you want a warmer vape, I'd set it to around 10W and adjust it up or down as needed. If you've got a thicker high VG juice or if you want a cooler vape, set it lower, around 7W or so. That's just a guess though, like I said it's hard to give specific advice since I don't know much about that atty. Just play around with it and find what you like, since every person is different. 
04-04-2015 02:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
goosesrh Offline

Likes Given: 18
I seem to have found a sweet spot at 9.6 watts with SpaceJam Andromeda juice. Very enjoyable, and i'm able to fill my lungs up and not have a burned taste 3/4 of the way through the hit! Thank you for the advice!
05-04-2015 01:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
No problem, glad you found your sweet spot! 
05-04-2015 03:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply