Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hi folks
John S Offline

Likes Given: 12
Hi folks
Hi everybody, have been listening in on RY4 radio for a while now got chatting with Martin (Spasmod)
after having a little look around here I thought what a smashing place to join in.

I've been vaping for around 8 months or so now. and really had no intention of stopping smoking.
just that I was getting up to around 40 a day and wanted to save a little cash.

I started with a 10Motives rechargeable, and within a week I had realised I actually hadn't had a ciggie
for a few days and I was blown away by that, bearing in mind I had been a smoker since I was 9
and non stop for the last 44 years.

So from there to ego's, Evods etc. and now on to rebuildables and loving them along with a bit of diy mixing.
So did I save a little cash? erm probably not, but I've met and chatted to some awesome people on this journey so far.
and that to me is worth a small fortune in itself.

Anyway as usual I rabbit on too much, I hope to learn a lot here, and if I can give a little help now and then I certainly will.
Cheers John. Smile
21-01-2014 08:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Don Offline
Pod and Squonk Club founder :)
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 15,156
RE: Hi folks
Hi and welcome John

Good to have you here.

Hope you have fun.

There should be competitions coming soon.

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com
21-01-2014 08:36 PM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 9,002
Hey John, I'm glad you joined us here at TVF, it's absolutely great to see you here!

You've already met Don, Johnny and myself over at RY4 radio but probably haven't met some of the other guys here. I'm sure they'll be along soon though Big Grin

A few of these guys have been vaping for years so it's quite enlightening when they get together and talk about all the vintage mods Crazy .

Most of us come from a flashlight background which kind of lends itself nicely to the technical side of vaping.

Anyhow that's me rambling now too LOL hopefully you'll like it here, we're easy going and friendly which I think is the most important thing after all.
21-01-2014 08:49 PM
Pulsar Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 987
Welcome to the forum!

I pretty much started the same way. Bought a starter kit, and used it while driving and at work. I too was up to smoking 1.5-2 packs a day. When our daughter was born we spent two days in the hospital, and I did not want to leave Sarah there alone, so I just used my Ego. The first morning home I lit up a butt, and was like this tastes like ass. Tossed it and havent looked back since

[Image: 1299139200_30_1_USD_7.50_dark.png]
21-01-2014 09:19 PM
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
Welcome to the forum. 

I did about the same thing,  recieved mod, put baccy tin on top of cupboard. ......that was six months of some real hard personal stuff, not had a cig since I started.
21-01-2014 10:44 PM
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
Howdy and welcome aboard. Glad to hear that e-cigs have worked so well for you. It's funny how it starts out that way for a lot of us. It's been about 5 years give or take for me I'm not even sure but a long time anyway. You CAN save money if you put your mind to it but what fun would that be? 

I think that it becomes a hobby for most people who are successful. It's that next best vape that keeps it fun and keeps you from looking for a smoke. I hit a point a few years back where I pretty much found my sweet spot. I have an all day every day vape and basicilly the same setup. But lately I have found that all the new cheap equipment is calling my name so I'm back in the game again. So in a very real sense we are all learning together no matter how long we have been at it. 

Have fun and Vape On!!
22-01-2014 03:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
apt323 Offline

Likes Given: 105
Welcome to TVF

Enjoy and vape on!
22-01-2014 05:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
John S Offline

Likes Given: 12
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I've got a feeling I'll be popping in quite a bit.
and as I said hopefully putting as much back in as I get out.

Cheers JohnSmile
22-01-2014 06:22 PM
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
Great to have you with us, John!  Even better to hear that you stopped smoking after such a long time of it.  Congrats!

You may not be saving money with the new addiction of accumulating vaping hardware but your health and your loved ones will certainly consider it a bargain in the long run!  Vaping is as addiction as some other hobbies like flashlights.  Can't buy just one, that's for sure. Big Grin

Johnny
23-01-2014 04:10 PM