Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hi all
Merlin7 Offline

Likes Given: 116
Hi all
Hi 
I just want to say hello, and that I went from 50 a day habit to zero 1 month ago. Vaping has certainly been a great find for me as I can breathe again at 61. 
At present vaping is banned where I live but I've managed to get hold of equipment and juices on th qt.
I'm retiring back to the UK in a couple of months and I'm planning on splashing out on 'money no object' retirement present to myself, on the basis that it will be the money I have saved from not buying cigarettes.
From checking various forums and reviews, I'm looking at a SQuape reloaded and a Kayfun lite plus v2 with a good dripping atomiser, as I plan to get into the home made ejuice malarkey. I also like the idea of building my own decks, and coils as it gives more control.
The last big item is a couple of mods, I've been looking at the dicodes Dani 6 as I already got lucky and have an eVic-VTC mini which I love.
I have come across the vapor shark dna 200 and I was wondering what your thoughts on those two mods are. I quite like the LiPo batteries as I am used to working with them, I even have 2 20,000 mah for my oversized drone! 
All the best guys and I'm looking forward to getting back to blighty so I can buy my new hobby toys.
D
22-02-2016 04:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Merlin7's post:
Michael (02-22-2016), winky (02-23-2016)
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 12,182
RE: Hi all
Hi and welcome Merlin7!

Kayfuns and I just don't get on. The Squape R is supposed to be a vast improvement on the Version 1 which just wasn't that good.

Don't know anything about the Dicodes mods, but the DNA200 mods are great. You can fiddle to your heart's content and IMO Lipo is he way forward in vaping.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
22-02-2016 05:12 PM
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,303
Welcome to TVF, and good luck in your quest for the ultimate vape!

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
22-02-2016 05:15 PM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
Welcome! I agree with Don, I'm not a Kayfun fan. You'd do well to look at the Lemo 2 if you like puffing on a vape the same way you puff on a cigarette (we call that "mouth-to-lung" vaping). Or the Aromamizer if you prefer taking deep "lung hits" inhaling on your vape. Both are great tanks. If you're wanting to look into dripping, there are a lot of great RDAs to choose from. 

My dream mod is a DNA200 with a LiPo power supply. Unfortunately I haven't had the money to get one just yet, but I hear they're superb, especially in your case since you're used to working with LiPos already. 

One thing you should be aware of, in the UK the EU TPD (Tobacco Products Directive) goes into effect in May, and after that it'll be very hard to get your hands on decent vaping stuff, they're basically banning any tanks with more than 2ml capacity, any juice refills larger than 10ml, and a bunch of other stuff, so you'll probably want to order your stuff online from China or something. 

Good luck on your endeavor, congratulations on your retirement, and welcome to the forum! I look forward to hearing all about your vaping adventures Smile 
22-02-2016 06:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,544
Welcome aboard Merlin and congratulations on breaking a 50 a day habit! that's an awesome achievement Good2

Make yourself at home Drinks
22-02-2016 06:35 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spasmod's post:
Michael (02-22-2016)
Merlin7 Offline

Thanks for the warm welcome and I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys.
I was aware of the May deadline, and that's one of the reasons that I opted for those tanks as they are going to be a pain to get later.
I'm also planning on ordering a couple of litres of 72mg Nic and breaking them down to 200ml bottles then freeze the lot until I need it.
I currently mtl Vape on a Protank 3 mini on a mech mode clone and use a subtank mini with the rda deck on the evic for direct lung vapes.
In my current location I have to go with what I can get, and it's normally 4 times the retail price! 
I've already had one battery fail on me, it was a result of a dodgy replacement coil on the Protank clone and the mech mod. I felt the mod heating rapidly when I fired it, took the battery out and it was hot so I just took it outside and left it to cool, then disposed of it, a lucky escape.
I changed out the 'new' dodgy coil and it was shorting out when I tested it on the multimeter! 
Checked another coil which was fine and reassembled and got back to mtl vaping having learnt a valuable lesson!
23-02-2016 03:26 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Merlin7's post:
BOB (02-23-2016), Don (02-24-2016), Michael (02-23-2016)
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,116
Some advice when dealing with mech mods. Unless your mech mod has a 510 connecter you should avoid tanks on them - it asking for trouble. If you have a 510 connecotion on your mech mod make sure you clean it. Mechs are not like regualted mods. They have no built in protection. 

Now on to your mods - I have owned two DNA 200s with lipo batteries. I traded both away. I just cannot be bothered fiddling with escribe and I use a Mac and escribe software is windows. That said lipos are the future but I'm a luddite. The dicodes is a lovely mod. Uses a single 26650. So does the vaporflask stout, btw, which is very similar but even more flexible. The dicodes only vapes to 60 watts while the stout can go to 199 watts. I like a dual battery mod that can vape to at least 100 watts. I've been looking at the new Sigelei 213 mod that will be out shortly. It looks really nice. 

https://aspenvalleyvapes.com/shop/variab...0-box-mod/

At the moment my two workhorse mods are the snow wolf 1.5 and the smok r200. I'm quite happy with both. Here's the thing. You might not mneed 200 watts now but as you progress into RDAs and high power tanks you will appreciate the extra power. Foe RDAs as a new builder, i would suggest the tugboat or velocity. Doge 3 is also nice and you cannot go wrong with a twisted messes. I own about a dozen RDAs. Instead of the squapeR or the kayfun, i would look at the kabuki for a nice MTL or low power lung hitter.

http://www.provape.com/Kabuki-P3-thread-...ukip3.htm#

The tank uses nautilus coils that are readily available and vapes very smoothly. It vapes the way the nautilus should but does not.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
23-02-2016 04:49 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes paulS's post:
Michael (02-23-2016)
Merlin7 Offline

The mech mod is the sentinel telescoping one with 510 connector. I'm keen to dive into self build decks as I like to know how stuff works and to try getting the best results with trial and error, (safely)!
I've got lots of personal projects lined up to fill my time in retirement. For instance I've taken up shaving with a straight razor, which is a massive learning curve, particularly when it comes to getting an edge with honing stones.
I'm basing my future purchase gear on online reviews and forums so it's sort of self teaching. I need to keep the brain active after I have sold my company and retired, I'd go stir crazy otherwise.
(This post was last modified: 23-02-2016 05:06 AM by Merlin7.)
23-02-2016 05:05 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Merlin7's post:
Don (02-24-2016), Michael (02-23-2016)