Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help me with the flavor notes on my recipes
el5shedy Offline

Likes Given: 2
Help me with the flavor notes on my recipes
Hello The vaping forum community,
Recently i've been making 10 ml samples of some of my beloved recipes (Cinabon-Raspery strawberry cream- Mango ice- Strawberry Cheesecake).

Problem is i'm not an experienced mixer, i have already bought my flavors as follows: 

Cinabon:
Cinamon Danish
Bavarian Cream
Graham Cracker
Caramel Origianl
Sweet Cream
Ethyl Maltol

Rasperry strawberry cream
Rasperry sweet
Strawberry
Sour
Sweet cream

Mango
Sweet mango
Philipine mango
Inawera Shisha mango
Koolada

Strawberry cheesecake
Sweet strawberry
Strawberry ripe
Strawberry
Newyork cheesecake
Sweet Cream
Bavarian Cream
Ethyl maltol

So now i have all these flavors and i need to make their notes up, i have checked recipes that use the same flavors and i have copied their percentages, but i have a feeling that this will not work as the percentages will differ from a supplier to another. so can you please from ur prior experience share with me the favored percentages and flavor notes for each of these flavors. 

Thanks in advanceGood
12-10-2017 04:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
TinWhisker Offline
Hello World
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 10,853
RE: Help me with the flavor notes on my recipes
Man, flavor is so subjective, and each flavor acts differently depending on which recipe it's used in. There's no definitive guide to help you there, sorry. You're going to have to keep experimenting until you hit your personal sweet spot.

As a guideline, you want to use as little sweetener as possible. They will invariably gunk up your build very quickly and area really not worth it, especially above 1%. Koolada, Menthol, and something like DX Smooth are also to be used sparingly because they will overtake a juice quickly.
12-10-2017 04:38 PM
el5shedy Offline

(12-10-2017 04:38 PM)TinWhisker Wrote:  Man, flavor is so subjective, and each flavor acts differently depending on which recipe it's used in. There's no definitive guide to help you there, sorry. You're going to have to keep experimenting until you hit your personal sweet spot.

As a guideline, you want to use as little sweetener as possible. They will invariably gunk up your build very quickly and area really not worth it, especially above 1%. Koolada, Menthol, and something like DX Smooth are also to be used sparingly because they will overtake a juice quickly.
i have mixed bubble gum with peppermint, it gave me the flavor of checletes mint, yet 5% of peppermint was waay too much Big Grin i taste nothing but the peppermint and i realized that i have to go no further than 1%, yet for cinabon for example i have mixed it at certain percentages, but when i tried to taste it i tasted the cinamon yet no caramel or sweet cream or something i know it has to steep for 21 day, but the problem is what if after 21 day i realized that these flavors needs to tune up or down .. 
12-10-2017 04:43 PM
TinWhisker Offline
Hello World
Senior Staff

Well, maybe we can help if you post specific recipes with percentages. I know FatBoy for instance is excellent with suggesting percentages tailored to specific recipes. Also, the vendors that made your listed flavorings would help since they're all different too.

Bubble Gum is a great but incredibly weak flavor. It will surely die quickly when almost any other flavor is added. Conversely, cinnamon is very strong and will quickly disembowel any other flavors if added aggressively.

One thing to remember... especially with flavors that have real-life counterparts like mouth feel (chocolate and peanut butter comes to mind). You will not be able to get the mouth feel replicated, ever. So adding more flavor will not help. A little goes a long way.
12-10-2017 04:47 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes TinWhisker's post:
Fatboy (10-12-2017)
el5shedy Offline

(12-10-2017 04:47 PM)TinWhisker Wrote:  Well, maybe we can help if you post specific recipes with percentages. I know FatBoy for instance is excellent with suggesting percentages tailored to specific recipes. Also, the vendors that made your listed flavorings would help since they're all different too.

Bubble Gum is a great but incredibly weak flavor. It will surely die quickly when almost any other flavor is added. Conversely, cinnamon is very strong and will quickly disembowel any other flavors if added aggressively.

One thing to remember... especially with flavors that have real-life counterparts like mouth feel (chocolate and peanut butter comes to mind). You will not be able to get the mouth feel replicated, ever. So adding more flavor will not help. A little goes a long way.
That's what i need exactly, the notes of the flavors i use, so that when i add them up i realize when to stop and when not too, i learnt that peppermint is too strong by experiment, but i don't want to waste much time on that, if people knows that already by experimenting theirselves. 

for the Cinabon recipe i used
Cinabon Danish 5%
Graham Cracker Clear 3%
Bavarian Cream 5%
Caramel Origianl 2% 
Sweet cream 2%
EThyl maltol 1%
12-10-2017 04:54 PM
TinWhisker Offline
Hello World
Senior Staff

What are the manufacturers of your listed flavors there? That makes a world of difference too.
12-10-2017 04:56 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes TinWhisker's post:
Howard Hughes (10-16-2017)
el5shedy Offline

(12-10-2017 04:56 PM)TinWhisker Wrote:  What are the manufacturers of your listed flavors there? That makes a world of difference too.
All are TFA
12-10-2017 04:58 PM
TinWhisker Offline
Hello World
Senior Staff

FatBoy will see this thread and eagerly help soon. Personally, I am not impressed at all with TFA Bavarian Cream. It's too mealy for me, I'm told that Capella Bav. Cream is the one to use. I'll step aside now and let the master advise you from here.
12-10-2017 05:00 PM
el5shedy Offline

(12-10-2017 05:00 PM)TinWhisker Wrote:  FatBoy will see this thread and eagerly help soon. Personally, I am not impressed at all with TFA Bavarian Cream. It's too mealy for me, I'm told that Capella Bav. Cream is the one to use. I'll step aside now and let the master advise you from here.
Thank you for trying to help Smile I'm waiting for fatboy's response
12-10-2017 05:01 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes el5shedy's post:
TinWhisker (10-12-2017)
Fatboy Online
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 15,276
el5 I've read though the thread and I know what you're asking for, you need to do your own research and come to your own conclusion on what levels to use, based on your taste preference...

Since this flavour was mentioned:

BAVARIAN CREAM: (solo)
CAP bc @ 10%-17%
CAP DX bc @ 12%-18%
TPA bc 5%-15%
one on one bc 3%-6%
Lorann bc 5%-10%
RF bc 8%-14%
FW bc 4%-9%
12-10-2017 07:32 PM