Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help me choose a MOD
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
RE: Help me choose a MOD
Well I did a bunch of investigating on that K200 mod since it was out of stock and I wanted it badly and it turns out that it's not really that good.  It might be a clone of the Tesla but the quality is nowhere as good.  I did some more digging and almost settled on a Vamo V3 but while widely liked they still have issues in build quality.  While researching the V3 I found much mentioning of the Innokin iTaste SVD as being far better than the Vamo and the 100+ excellent reviews on FT convinced me.  So I bought one along with an Innokin iClear 30 to go with it.  SWEEEET combination!

INNOKIN iTaste SVD Telescoping Variable Voltage E-Cigarette Mod / Battery Compartment

Innokin iClear 30 Dual Coil Electronic Cigarette Round Mouth Atomizer (3.0ml)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

22-09-2013 11:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
I know you've already ordered, but I'm loving my vamo v3, just because I can fidfle with the settings, if my understanding is correct different resistance coils will give a different vape on a mechanical mod, with the variable voltage/wattage its only button presses to get setup correctly for different tanks/oils.

I have seen three different resistances on the three ce4's I've tried, so being able ti adjust on the fky has let me easily get into it.

plus it takes the fat protected Samsung 18650 cells I bought cheap in abundance from fasttech which meant not having to order little cells that are of little use elsewhere.

I am going to have to get a better looking atty than the ce4 though, it works but looks daft on this fat mod.
22-09-2013 11:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

(22-09-2013 11:31 PM)gords1001 Wrote:  I know you've already ordered,  but I'm loving my vamo v3,  just because I can fidfle with the settings,  if my understanding is correct different resistance coils will give a different vape on a mechanical mod, with the variable voltage/wattage its only button presses to get setup correctly for different tanks/oils.

I have seen three different resistances on the three ce4's I've tried, so being able ti adjust on the fky has let me easily get into it.

plus it takes the fat protected Samsung 18650 cells I bought cheap in abundance from fasttech which meant not having to order little cells that are of little use elsewhere.

I am going to have to get a better looking atty than the ce4 though, it works but looks daft on this fat mod.
Yeah, that's why I ordered an iClear 30 atty for the SVD.  The SVD isn't a mechanical mod, BTW.  It is a fully adjustable mod just like the Vamo V3.  The threading on the SVD is supposed to be much better where the atty attaches with no play or crookedness which is really common on the V3 from what I read.  The display screen is supposed to be better as well and it's only a couple dollars more than the V3.  Both are good mods though.  I'm looking forward to playing with voltage and the dual coils of the I30 should give me the clouds of intense vapor I'm craving. LOL.
22-09-2013 11:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
madecov Offline

Likes Given: 2
The SVD was my other choice. Who knows, maybe MOD #3 will be the SVD and #4 a Provari

[Image: 1379125800_10_1_USD_5_dark.png]
23-09-2013 12:12 AM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,193
I very nearly ordered the SVD myself and I can't for the life of me remember why I chose the Vamo Smile I will say though that it's been absolutely flawless operational wise.

Once thing I'm not so keen on is the poor quality electro plating which inevitably rubs off, the Vamo v5 though is like the V2 with the V3 circuitry.. they bypassed the v4 I think I read somewhere.

Definitely an SVD for me next though I reckon Wink
23-09-2013 07:12 AM
madecov Offline

scored what I think is Vamo v2 today (used) with a few batteries at $40.00
I am shocked at the amount of flavor and vapor compared to my ego type batteries. Big GrinBig Grin

(This post was last modified: 25-09-2013 04:19 AM by madecov.)
25-09-2013 03:52 AM
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

(25-09-2013 03:52 AM)madecov Wrote:  scored what I think is Vamo v2 today (used) with a few batteries at $40.00
I am shocked at the amount of flavor and vapor compared to my ego type batteries. Big GrinBig Grin
Great deal!  Now that my epipe is out of commission I'm dying for my SVD and my M16 to show up.  All I have now is my 900mA e-Go battery and while it works flawlessly it just can't deliver the hit that the pipe gave and that pipe can't give nearly the hit the 18650 mods will give me.

Get a 2 coil atty (if you don't have one already) and combine that with the V2 and you will have TONS of vapor.  Looking forward to your opinion of the Vamo compared to that Tesla you just got. Smile
25-09-2013 12:32 PM
madecov Offline

The Tesla will not fit protected batteries so I am waiting on a few unprotected IMR cells. The Vamo will fit my Xtar 3400mah protected batteriesBig Grin

I have been using kanger T3 series clearo's and on the Vamo it produces more vapor than I can inhale. I set it in wattage mode and run around 8w or lower depending on the juice.

Any recommended dual coil set up that you like ?

25-09-2013 01:41 PM
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

(25-09-2013 01:41 PM)madecov Wrote:  The Tesla will not fit protected batteries so I am waiting on a few unprotected IMR cells. The Vamo will fit my Xtar 3400mah protected batteriesBig Grin

I have been using kanger T3 series clearo's and on the Vamo it produces more vapor than I can inhale. I set it in wattage mode and run around 8w or lower depending on the juice.

Any recommended dual coil set up that you like ?
I honestly don't have any dual coil setups...yet.  I have some one the way though.  I did a ton of research before pulling the trigger on some and I went with the Innokin iClear 30 and 16 atty's.  They are both dual coil top feeders with an octopus of wicks are are rated as being better than the Kanger Protank and Vivi's (and just about anything else) with massive amounts of vapor, no burnt taste, no flooding, and no leaking.  They are also known to have long lasting coils with most folks getting 3-6 months out of a coil head with hard use.

The i16 holds 1.6ml of juice and the i30 holds 3ml (no surprises there).

I have another new type on order as well that should arrive the same time.  It's called a CE9 Dual Coil Clearomizer. This is a dual bottom feeding clearo with a wide flat mouth tip and it comes with a beauty ring for use with eGo connections.  Not much known about it but I figured it was worth a look.  I will let you know how it works once I test it.
25-09-2013 08:25 PM
madecov Offline

The Innoken is on my shortlist. I have seen the CE9 on ebay. My major problem with ordering fromFT is that almost all the manufacturers have a warning about them on the factory website.

25-09-2013 09:05 PM