Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Help] RDTA Big Dripper v2
ryder1337 Offline

Likes Given: 0
Exclamation [Help] RDTA Big Dripper v2
Hello vapers, I`ve been using a Evic VTC mini with the Ego One Mega for about 2 months. Today i went to my local vape shop and bought myself a RDTA Big Dripper v2, because i was looking for something else in my vaping experience and i vaped on my GF vape wich had a dripper and it was defenetly something else.

So i bought a RDTA Big Dripper v2, i installed the prebuild coils, cotton, used a few drips of juice directly on the cotton, put the dripper toghether and started vaping. The problem is that the dripper is leaking juice trough the air ventolation thingy. My question is why, and what can i do to stop it doing that. i will attach some pictures of the coil build, maybe i did something wrong there. https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/12410524_1073886089330273_6396185769896450035_n.jpg?oh=03804af4c39bfb01ed2bbe794d764b7f&oe=570AA8AE
06-01-2016 09:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
ADIE37 Offline
Squonk Club Member
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 280
RE: [Help] RDTA Big Dripper v2
Hi Ryder not sure if ure new or not but welcome to tvf there are a lot of knowledgeable people here who I'm sure will be able to help u out
06-01-2016 11:08 PM
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,081
Okay. You have the Big Dripper with the glass or is it all stainless? Is this the newest version that top fills? Because that version does not generally leak from anywhere. This is needs to built with the coil on a 45 degree angle and with a lot of cotton. In fact the dripper vapes best in single coil mode although you can doi dual of course. You need to line up that drip hole with your cotton carefully. Then the drips go directly on the cotton and you do not get leaks if it is tightened down correctly. I'm not sure the big dripper is very user friendly at all. I built one for friend - single coil around .5 ohms and he vapes it at around 40 watts. The air flow on the Big Dripper is a bit too restrictive for my taste. But I love the tank. Now is yours authentic? If so just do as I pointed out - build the coil on an angle ( a bitch to build and wick I know ) and be careful you line up that tiny drip hole. 

If yours is authentic I would be happy to trade my D2 or Kanger Mini for it ( I just got the D3 ). I think the Dripper is for show TBH. You could have have got a number of sub ohm tanks or RTAs that are better - UD Zephyrus, Aromamizer, Crius, Griffen, Triton 2, Crown. All have better air flow. Even the Delta 2 is a step up from the Ego One Mega. If you want to keep it try building as i described. I would press three or four times to get it started and then press one or two times when you feel it is getting dry. 

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
07-01-2016 01:31 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like paulS's post:
ADIE37 (01-07-2016), gentlydoingit* (01-07-2016)
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,343
Hi there ryder. Welcome to tvf
I don't think your pic link works Undecided 

From your description there is juice leaking from the air holes.. you could just simply be over juicing it. Your build isn't likely going to be the culprit but not seeing a pic it's just a guess.
I don't have any experience of the v2, the first ones (cloned) had juice feed leak issues due to what i could only assume to be the tank not air sealing well enough, i tried a few fixes but never put any real effort into it so i don't know of a cure. It's possible the same problems are in the v2. Easiest way to check is to fill the tank on the night and check the level in the morning. Don't leave it on the mod though, just in case Wink

See if you can post a good pic, good coil setup may improve things.

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
07-01-2016 01:41 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes gentlydoingit*'s post:
ADIE37 (01-07-2016)
ryder1337 Offline

(07-01-2016 01:31 AM)paulS Wrote:  Okay. You have the Big Dripper with the glass or is it all stainless? Is this the newest version that top fills? Because that version does not generally leak from anywhere. This is needs to built with the coil on a 45 degree angle and with a lot of cotton. In fact the dripper vapes best in single coil mode although you can doi dual of course. You need to line up that drip hole with your cotton carefully. Then the drips go directly on the cotton and you do not get leaks if it is tightened down correctly. I'm not sure the big dripper is very user friendly at all. I built one for friend - single coil around .5 ohms and he vapes it at around 40 watts. The air flow on the Big Dripper is a bit too restrictive for my taste. But I love the tank. Now is yours authentic? If so just do as I pointed out - build the coil on an angle ( a bitch to build and wick I know ) and be careful you line up that tiny drip hole. 

If yours is authentic I would be happy to trade my D2 or Kanger Mini for it ( I just got the D3 ). I think the Dripper is for show TBH. You could have have got a number of sub ohm tanks or RTAs that are better - UD Zephyrus, Aromamizer, Crius, Griffen, Triton 2, Crown. All have better air flow. Even the Delta 2 is a step up from the Ego One Mega. If you want to keep it try building as i described. I would press three or four times to get it started and then press one or two times when you feel it is getting dry. 

i own the plastic tank one, could not find the SS one anywhere in my country. The thing is, when i fill it with juice, in a matter of 20 seconds, the tank is empty because all the juice comes out trough the air holes.
07-01-2016 01:55 AM
ADIE37 Offline
Squonk Club Member
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 280
Hi Ryder these guys are awesome trust me 
07-01-2016 02:01 AM
ryder1337 Offline

i attached a photo. this one works http://imgur.com/WcgnHQ5
the coil is lined with a air hole. i did not get the part where you told me to line up the drip hole. sorry im kinda new i just watched some tutorials but the guys there knew what they were doing and they skipped most parts.
what should i line it up with? the drip hole with what?
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2016 02:17 AM by ryder1337.)
07-01-2016 02:15 AM
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

How hands on are you? You could try taking it apart and either swapping out ALL the O rings with slightly thicker ones or bulking the original ones out by wrapping dental floss in the groves the o's sit in. 
Keep it upright too, as soon as the vacuum above the juice is lost it'll auto drip Wink

*that link didn't work for me either

07-01-2016 02:19 AM
ryder1337 Offline

(07-01-2016 02:19 AM)gentlydoingit* Wrote:  How hands on are you? You could try taking it apart and either swapping out ALL the O rings with slightly thicker ones or bulking the original ones out by wrapping dental floss in the groves the o's sit in. 
Keep it upright too, as soon as the vacuum above the juice is lost it'll auto drip Wink

i believe thats my problem. it autodrips, and the chamber becomes overjuiced. so there is nothing wrong with my coil build? im trying to take it step by step to figure out the problem.
07-01-2016 02:21 AM
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

I guess a coil/wick setup like Paul suggested could work, I've never tried it personally but I'd trust his judgment. Smile

I built mine like a regular dripper, sounds like you've done the same?

07-01-2016 02:24 AM