Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help Please
newhunter Offline

Likes Given: 1
Help Please
  Hello,
I have the iTaste MVP 2.0, I am wondering if you could assist me in choosing the proper rebuildable. I am new at this and am tired of having to buy manufactured coils that don't last. I vape  for the flavor (fruits, desserts, candy..ect) and somewhat the cloud.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you,
newhunter
18-12-2014 04:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes newhunter's post:
Galaxyrider (12-19-2014)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,463
RE: Help Please
Welcome to TVF buddy

Right now from what I've seen and heard, my suggestion would be a Lemo tank. It's versatile enough to cater for all your vaping needs be it sub ohm or standard vaping styles. Easy to build, easy to wick, gives great flavour and just works.

The new Kanger Sub tank seems pretty impressive too but it's a 25mm tank. I'm not sure how that would look on an MVP.

I'm sure some of the guys will give some great suggestions 
18-12-2014 05:36 PM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
Welcome to the forum! 

For an MVP, you'll want something you can build to at least 1.0 ohms or higher. To do that, it's easiest to start with a single coil Atomizer then maybe upgrade later once you get the hang of it. Do you want a tank or a dripper? Tanks are usually a little bit harder to build, but you get the added bonus of being able to use it while driving. I don't know a lot about rebuildable tanks myself, since I use drippers mainly so I'll leave that suggestion to someone else. 
If you want a dripper, I'd suggest getting a Veritas. It's not the easiest to build, but it's not super difficult either and it creates awesome flavor. Just watch RiP Trippers' build video to learn how to build a single horizontal coil that's amazing. Or, you could get something that's made for single coils like an Igo-L. 
Before you start using rebuildable atomizers, you definitely need to get an ohm reader so you can be safe. Otherwise it's just guesswork, which is not a good thing. 

It seems Spas replied while I was typing Wink 
(This post was last modified: 18-12-2014 05:59 PM by Michael.)
18-12-2014 05:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
BOB Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 10,060
hi newhunter welcome to TVF
if its a tank you are after like spas said the lemo looks great
I am looking at buying one but they seem a bit hard to get in the UK
I was going to get the kanger sub until I realised they were 25mm diameter

if at first you don't succeed ,call it version 1.0
18-12-2014 07:18 PM
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
Howdy and Welcome to the forum!

I am not a huge fan of tanks but some people just love them. I would really suggest getting a tank and a dripper. The tanks are nice for when you are out and about. The drippers are the easiest to build and in my opinion have the best flavor.

I have tried tons of drippers and this is the one that I use daily. It's a whopping $3.

http://www.fasttech.com/products/3028/10...izer-1-0ml

It's extremely easy to build. It's small size gives excellent flavor and great clouds too. Four wraps of 28 gauge wire on a 1/16 drill bit using cotton wicks is what I use. This will get you right around 1ohm or just a bit higher. Bigger isn't better! This is why so many toppers have reduced chambers. The smaller chambers give you a warmer hit and more flavor.

I would suggest opening the hole on this atty and it's super easy to do. You don't even need a drill to do it because it's fairly thin aluminum. An ice pick or anything like that can be used to open the hole up.

I have been vaping for a very long time time, since well before there was any kind of rebuildable atty on the market and this is what I use every single day. 

Nice to see you here and I hope you enjoy our site!

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?
18-12-2014 07:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like 18sixfifty's post:
BOB (12-18-2014), Michael (12-18-2014), newhunter (12-19-2014)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
That price is pretty much unbeatable, I might have to get a couple of those to test flavors in and to keep on my iStick. I have a really hard time hitting 1+ ohms with most of my atties as they're mostly cloud chasing atties that I usually build pretty low.
18-12-2014 07:38 PM
Don Online
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,932
They do need the air hole opening out but they are almost cheap enough to be disposable. I have 3 of them and it is easy to rework and recoil them. They only need about 3/8" of wick and maybe an inch of wire. You aren't going to rework one of these without recoiling it at the same time - fortunately this is extremely easy.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
18-12-2014 10:36 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don's post:
BOB (12-18-2014)
newhunter Offline

How about a price or link for the suggested tanks please.

Thank you for the responses and welcoming me to the forum.
19-12-2014 02:30 AM
Don Online
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,932
Fogger V5 - it is important that it is a version 5 as it is far easier to build than the earlier versions. http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10009...atomizer-6

Since the MVP is not a high powered device it would be worth looking at an Erlkoenigin clone - it is great for flavour but don't go above 15W with it. Just avoid tank cracking juices or get one with a stainless steel tank option.
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/1001...omizer-8ml

The clones of the Rose v2 are good. This is also excellent for flavour and it can take ridiculous power into it. It gets pretty hot at 100W though.
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/1000...izer-3-7ml

The tiny dripper recommended is useful too. The capacity is nearer 0.2ml IMO though.
http://www.fasttech.com/products/3028/10...izer-1-0ml

That's pretty much all I've used for the last 3 months.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
19-12-2014 07:47 AM
newhunter Offline

Thank you all for the suggestions. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you for making me feel welcome to the forum.
19-12-2014 12:32 PM