Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help
pokerphil Offline

Likes Given: 0
Help
Hello everyone I am in need of HELP, today I got my first vape mod the Kangertech evod pro-2 which was recommended to me it was set up in the shop so it was ready for me to use as soon as I got home, because I am a heavy smoker I decided to get the L G ejuice marlboro flavor with high nicotine in small bottles just to try  and the 1.0 ohm coil for starting. So I got home and had my first mouth to lung puff and it felt like I had just smoked a whole packet of cigarettes in one puff I was coughing, choking watering eyes and struggling to breath and I am now scared to try it again, the air intake was fully open, So can anyone help me please maybe I am doing something wrong.
17-12-2016 06:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Atavar Offline

RE: Help
try a lower nic juice.  For myself I had to get a regulated mod so I could turn the power down.  It will take some getting used to as this is a wet vapor and your lungs are used to dry smoke.  
17-12-2016 06:16 AM
pokerphil Offline

Thanks Atavar for your advice I will try a lower nic juice but it will still be scary to try again feels like Im going to rip out my lungs thanks again
17-12-2016 07:50 AM
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,480
Hey phil.

Do you know the vg/pg ratio of the juice? The protank needs 50/50, any higher you'll get a really burned firey and quite unpleasant hit on it. I used to vape 24mg nic in mine, it was harsh but got me off the smokes for sure! It could be worth dropping the nic a little like avatar said, strong hits don't suit every palate.Bad

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
17-12-2016 11:41 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes gentlydoingit*'s post:
ecignut (12-17-2016)
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 17,591
Hi phil - welcome to the forum - I agree with gently - I coughed and spluttered just reading your post - if you are vaping MTL you will also have to reduce the airflow as much as possible - high airflow is the enemy of MTL - too much air in the vapour will make you cough. As far as nic. is concerned - if you are in the early stages of stopping the cigs. you need to vape with nic. of around 18mg - and as gently says 50/50 juice is your best option. Best of luck with this set up - I have to say it is not the best for MTL.
17-12-2016 12:15 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like ecignut's post:
gentlydoingit* (12-18-2016), paulS (12-17-2016)
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,118
MTL is a different style. As Eddie said above reduce the airflow and take smaller puffs to start. Is the evod pro is not adjustable so you need the high ohm coil. Keep at it. You find your comfort zone. zx

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
17-12-2016 03:01 PM
EddieN Offline
Toodle Club Member

Likes Given: 220
I am a MTL-er. In my opinion, if you were a heavy smoker, high nicotine won't make you cough that bad. Maybe will make you feel dizzy or having nausea, but in my opinion your symptoms are exclusively from the air. First of all the air flow, if you will MTL, try to close the air flow to the minimum possible, so you can see just a tiiny hole there, and then start opening till you find the right spot. The other thing is, smokers are used to suck really hard on cigarettes, but vaping isn't like that. Everytime I take a hit, I inhale slowly and I take long hits. Try it
(This post was last modified: 17-12-2016 07:47 PM by EddieN.)
17-12-2016 07:45 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes EddieN's post:
Don (12-17-2016)
Atavar Offline

While I agree with most of what people have said my experience offers some differences.  This is just me and how things work for me.  Things will be different for you.  
I also was a heavy smoker.  I started out with nic at 12 or 18.  On advice of my local shop I went high VG to minimize the harshness.  I think that was good advice.  
I had a hard time getting used to the wet vapor when I was starting.  My lungs kept expecting a dry smoke.  
What I had to do was reduce the power to minimum producing only a little vapor to start and working my way up.  In contradiction to the other posts I had more luck with the air hole wide open.  It seemed to dilute the vapor so I coughed less.  
Then I discovered temperature controlled mode.  TC mode made vaping a lot more civilized for me.  To use TC mode you do have to have a TC capable coil and a TC capable regulated mod. It does give a more controlled vape to help you control the experience. 
18-12-2016 06:33 PM