Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help
Kylepxl Offline

Likes Given: 2
Help
Hello, my name is Kyle and I am not here for me. My dad has been smoking ever since he was 16, and he is About to turn 48 in a week. I really want him to quit because he has been wheezing and coughing, and it has my family worried. I want him to try other options and I think vaping is the best option for him. I'm putting away $300 dollars to buy a vape and juice for him for his birthday, but I don't know what to get. Can someone please recommend me a vape and a juice that has the same taste and feeling of a Newport packet (his favorite cigarette). Thank you
17-08-2017 09:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,320
RE: Help
Hey kyle.

There's so many options out there were going to need help narrowing it down for you. Can you tell us more about his style.. will he mind a house brick size vape or will it need to be shirt pocket friendly? Is he manually dexterous and likes a challenge? Bling or subtle?

You'll be hard pressed to recreate a true smoking sensation for him as there's no smoke, but you can get tobacco extract juices that are quite well recieved. 

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
17-08-2017 09:32 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like gentlydoingit*'s post:
Fatboy (08-17-2017), Kylepxl (08-18-2017)
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 19,596
Cool on your interest in wanting to help him - most of us here are former smokers so we can relate.

$$$ wise you are will be able to get him decent gear but as gently noted above we need more info to be able to assist. What does he do for a living? Works outdoors? Mechanically inclined? His general style....we can recommend anything from a small discreet pocket mod with a small tank or we can recommend a large dual cell mod.....most new to vaping folks tend to start with a small pen like mod however soon upgrade to something more advanced and with more power..... have you surfed some vape websites and done some research at all on what places carry? Are there any vape shops near you?
18-08-2017 12:00 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fatboy's post:
Kylepxl (08-18-2017)
Kylepxl Offline

Likes Given: 2
Thank you for responding! And he works with clients installing pool liner, so he's traveling all around the Midwest in his car. He isn't very flashy so it'll have to be subtle, and I think he would like to have it pocket friendly. He always has a charger in the car so I'm not worried about that. And I live by a few vape shops, but each are 45 minutes away. I've been doing research but I thought it'd be good to ask people who are experience
18-08-2017 03:08 AM