Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello everyone. New member here looking to learn more about vaping.
Lupey Offline

Likes Given: 0
Hello everyone. New member here looking to learn more about vaping.
Hello. I'm new from Miami to these forums and love learning more about vaping mods and e-juice.

I currently have a YouTube channel where I do small reviews on e-juice voicing my opinion on certain brand that I find in my local area. So far it has been a fun experience until I got Vapers fatigue. But no big deal. But I sincerely hope to learn a lot more about vaping and vaping products as I come to this forum.
05-04-2016 06:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
mike.williams Offline
Squonk Club Member
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,311
RE: Hello everyone. New member here looking to learn more about vaping.
Welcome to TVF Lupey. Lots of knowledgeable and friendly people here you should be able to learn a lot. I had that happen to me with one of my favorite juices. I vaped nothing but it for over a week and it got to where I couldn't even taste it. I switch out so much now that it hasn't happened since.

Keep Calm and Vape On!
05-04-2016 12:14 PM
Lupey Offline

(05-04-2016 12:14 PM)mike.williams Wrote:  Welcome to TVF Lupey.  Lots of knowledgeable and friendly people here you should be able to learn a lot.   I had that happen to me with one of my favorite juices.  I vaped nothing but it for over a week and it got to where I couldn't even taste it.  I switch out so much now that it hasn't happened since.
Yeah but even if I vape other flavors I still don't or barely taste the juice.
05-04-2016 08:25 PM
mike.williams Offline
Squonk Club Member
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,311
(05-04-2016 08:25 PM)Lupey Wrote:  
(05-04-2016 12:14 PM)mike.williams Wrote:  Welcome to TVF Lupey.  Lots of knowledgeable and friendly people here you should be able to learn a lot.   I had that happen to me with one of my favorite juices.  I vaped nothing but it for over a week and it got to where I couldn't even taste it.  I switch out so much now that it hasn't happened since.

That does sound like a really bad case. With mine I had to go way outside my normal flavor profile. My normal profile was RY4's I started trying the more fruity flavors which was a good thing since I've found a few I really like Smile

I wish you the best of luck and hope you get past it soon.

Keep Calm and Vape On!
05-04-2016 08:40 PM
paulS Online
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,089
May I ask how long you have been vaping and if you smoked cigarettes and if you still do occasionally? New vapers typically take awhile to develop the ability to fully taste juices especially ex smokers. Also important with new vapers is the nic levels ( type of nic too - can be vg nic or pg nic), how thick the juice is - higher PG will add to flavor early on.

There are slew factors that need to be taken into consideration before figuring out why you cannot taste your juice.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
05-04-2016 08:50 PM
Lupey Offline

(05-04-2016 08:40 PM)mike.williams Wrote:  
(05-04-2016 08:25 PM)Lupey Wrote:  

That does sound like a really bad case.  With mine I had to go way outside my normal flavor profile.  My normal profile was RY4's   I started trying the more fruity flavors which was a good thing since I've found a few I really like Smile

I wish you the best of luck and hope you get past it soon.
Yeah I used to vape #71 by Beard but it got to the point where I can't taste any flavor. So I guess I'll try a flavor I have sitting that I didn't like cause it was too custardy. But thank you. 
05-04-2016 08:55 PM
Lupey Offline

(05-04-2016 08:50 PM)paulS Wrote:  May I ask how long you have been vaping and if you smoked cigarettes and if you still do occasionally? New vapers typically take awhile to develop the ability to fully taste juices especially ex smokers. Also important with new vapers is the nic levels ( type of nic too  - can be vg nic or pg nic), how thick the juice is - higher PG will add to flavor early on.

There are slew factors that need to be taken into consideration before figuring out why you cannot taste your juice.
I've been vaping for about a year and a half and I did switch to cut off cigarettes. I completely stopped smoking cigarettes. I lowered my nic level to 3 mg vaping 70vg 30pg.
05-04-2016 08:58 PM
bdeslaur Offline

Likes Given: 28
(05-04-2016 08:58 PM)Lupey Wrote:  
(05-04-2016 08:50 PM)paulS Wrote:  May I ask how long you have been vaping and if you smoked cigarettes and if you still do occasionally? New vapers typically take awhile to develop the ability to fully taste juices especially ex smokers. Also important with new vapers is the nic levels ( type of nic too  - can be vg nic or pg nic), how thick the juice is - higher PG will add to flavor early on.

I've been vaping for about a year and a half and I did switch to cut off cigarettes. I completely stopped smoking cigarettes. I lowered my nic level to 3 mg vaping 70vg 30pg.
What is your setup, if I may ask?
05-04-2016 11:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Lupey Offline

(05-04-2016 11:26 PM)bdeslaur Wrote:  
(05-04-2016 08:58 PM)Lupey Wrote:  

What is your setup, if I may ask?
Now I have a RX200 with a Herakles Plus on a 0.4 coil on 60 W.
05-04-2016 11:53 PM
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,303
What is it with people insisting on overpowering coils these days?!  A .4 ohm coil is gonna taste best between 30 and 45 watts, usually in the mid 30's.

Flavor fatigue is best defeated by drinking enough water.  I vape one flavor ALL the time, switching to something else on my dripper once a day or every other day, and I never get flavor fatigue.  I also drink several quarts of water per day.  I can't stress the importance of water consumption with vaping.

Other than that - flavor will also wear down as your wick and coil age.  Just today in fact - ugh, this isn't tasting so great.  Pull the wick, clean the coils, re-wick, prime and - presto!  Tastes amazing again.

All things to consider.

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
06-04-2016 12:39 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Almost Jaded's post:
Don (04-06-2016), ecignut (04-06-2016), paulS (04-06-2016)