Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello all! New to Vaping
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
RE: Hello all! New to Vaping
Jerryz it depends on what you're looking for. Anything from a gas station or convenience store, you can assume it's terrible. But other than that, it's all subjective. Get yourself to a vape shop and try everything, that way you can see what works best for you. 
(This post was last modified: 25-04-2015 03:38 PM by Michael.)
25-04-2015 03:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
jerryz Offline
One of the good guys!

Likes Given: 301
Good advice...Thanks. Actually the lady at the mall who sold me my system, also sold me two very nice flavors. Very Nice. I am partial to the vanilla flavors.

ROCK ON! VAPE ON! Music2
25-04-2015 04:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

I figured I'd give you some suggestions for my favorite flavors, in case you want to try something new. Most of the vape kiosks in malls are crap, but you might have gotten lucky and found a good one. I've not used the Atlantis, so I can't say for sure how well it would work with high VG juice, but considering the fact that it's a sub-ohm tank I'm sure it would probably work just fine. So with that caveat, here's a couple of my favorites that you might like to try: 

Charlie's Custard - This is my all-day, everyday, go-to favorite juice. I've been vaping this for months and haven't gotten sick of it yet. It's a nice creamy vanilla custard, definitely worth checking out since you said you like vanilla. I've got a full review of this juice HERE. This one is 77% VG, so it's a bit thick, but should be just fine for a sub-ohm tank. I'm vaping it right now as I type this, in a SubTank mini.
Vanilla Dream - Straight up, delicious vanilla from Mountain Oak Vapors. They're one of my local shops, but they wholesale across the country so odds are, there's probably a shop near you that carries their flavors. Everything they make is top-quality and affordable. They also have a vanilla tobacco called White Leaf, which is very good if you like tobacco flavors. I'm not sure the PG/VG ratio on this one, but I know it's definitely not high VG so it'll work with any tank. 
Havana - This is a perfect cigar flavor by Real Extracts, one of our verified vendors here on the forum. If you like cigars (which you stated before that you do) then this one will be right up your alley. It's the only tobacco flavor I've tried that tastes just like tobacco, most of them taste like "liquid smoke" to me (that stuff you put on foods to make them taste like they were cooked in a smoker). The down side is that Real Extracts is expensive, but they make top-quality extracts that are well worth the money if you can afford it. This one is 60PG/40VG.

Hope that helps! I've tried hundreds, if not thousands of flavors, so if you're looking for something in particular just ask and I will likely have something that fits your description, and if not, there's a lot of other people on here who know as much or more about flavors than I do Smile
26-04-2015 03:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
jerryz Offline
One of the good guys!

Yes It did help. That Vanilla Custard especially. I will probably not go with tobacco taste. The Vanilla Dream sounds great too. I will check out your review. Thanks.

ROCK ON! VAPE ON! Music2
26-04-2015 10:28 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes jerryz's post:
Michael (04-26-2015)
jerryz Offline
One of the good guys!

(26-04-2015 10:28 AM)jerryz Wrote:  Yes It did help. That Vanilla Custard especially. I will probably not go with tobacco taste. The Vanilla Dream sounds great too. I will check out your review. Thanks.
Burny Taste...I just received my VaporFi Volt tank. I soaked the wick before use, did a bunch of no button inhales, let it sit for about 10 minutes. Hit tasted like burning newspaper. Scratch_one-s_head What am i doing wrong?

ROCK ON! VAPE ON! Music2
28-04-2015 12:23 AM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Yikes. Dry hits are not fun Sad

Sounds like you primed your coil just fine, so the next thing to check would be your power settings. What resistance coils are you using, and at what wattage or voltage? 
28-04-2015 04:42 AM
jerryz Offline
One of the good guys!

(28-04-2015 04:42 AM)Michael Wrote:  Yikes. Dry hits are not fun Sad

Sounds like you primed your coil just fine, so the next thing to check would be your power settings. What resistance coils are you using, and at what wattage or voltage? 
Michael, I'm not sure. I'm using the Mech Mod with the Volt tank. I have a 3.7 volt 2500mAH battery. Here is what the manual says about the Volt.
  • 1 OCC Sub Ohm 0.5Ω / Range 15-30 W
  • 1 OCC 1.2Ω / Range 12-25 W
  • 2 RBA 0.5Ω Coil
  • 1 Japanese Organic Cotton (up to 20 strips)
  • 1 Mini RBA Base
  • 1 Pyrex Glass Tube
  • 1 Screw Driver
  • 2 Screws
  • 1 User Manual

ROCK ON! VAPE ON! Music2
28-04-2015 11:51 AM
jerryz Offline
One of the good guys!

Interesting...I switched my Volt tank from my Mech Mod to my Istick, and the burny taste is gone. Not sure why that makes a difference?

(28-04-2015 02:39 PM)jerryz Wrote:  Interesting...I switched my Volt tank from my Mech Mod to my Istick, and the burny taste is gone. Not sure why that makes a difference?
Cancel that. The taste is still there. Scratch_one-s_head

ROCK ON! VAPE ON! Music2
(This post was last modified: 28-04-2015 02:40 PM by jerryz.)
28-04-2015 02:39 PM
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
(24-04-2015 05:51 PM)jerryz Wrote:  LOL..I will try not to. Here is what the girl at the store hooked me up with. Aspire Atlantis tank, and 30watt Istick.
That is a perfectly matched combo. Wink
28-04-2015 05:18 PM
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,303
What do you have the power set to on the iStick Jerryz?

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
28-04-2015 08:53 PM