Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello all! New to Vaping
jerryz Offline
One of the good guys!

Likes Given: 301
RE: Hello all! New to Vaping
(23-04-2015 10:44 PM)Almost Jaded Wrote:  I'm willing to bet a small fortune that your difficulty inhaling is because of the power.  What coil do you have in the Atlantis, and what power are you running on teh iStick?
Well, I not exactly sure what coil on the Atlantis. 30 watts in the Istick. It's not really that bad. One cough and that's it. But I have discovered that there is 10 times more flavor inhaling instead of just puffing. A.Jaded what are your thoughts?

ROCK ON! VAPE ON! Music2
23-04-2015 10:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
jerryz Offline
One of the good guys!

(23-04-2015 10:50 PM)jerryz Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 10:44 PM)Almost Jaded Wrote:  I'm willing to bet a small fortune that your difficulty inhaling is because of the power.  What coil do you have in the Atlantis, and what power are you running on teh iStick?
Well, I not exactly sure what coil on the Atlantis. 30 watts in the Istick. It's not really that bad. One cough and that's it. But I have discovered that there is 10 times more flavor inhaling instead of just puffing. A.Jaded what are your thoughts?
You were right on the button. I reduced from 30 to 25 watts and it IS! easier to inhale.

ROCK ON! VAPE ON! Music2
23-04-2015 11:03 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes jerryz's post:
Almost Jaded (04-24-2015)
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
All good suggestions above, Jerry. My 2 cents is to get the 50w iStick and an Arctic atomizer with .5 ohm coils. The Arctic is flat out the best vaping experience I've had. I can't even think how it could be better. It's that good!

I use zero nic juice as well and am a cigar smoker. I started vaping to avoid sitting outside for an hour in the dead of winter in order to enjoy my vice. Big Grin
24-04-2015 01:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
jerryz Offline
One of the good guys!

LOL!! I Know what you mean. I live in Florida so winter was not a big factor, but I did stand in the garage a lot. Also the cigars I prefer run about $10 each. Drew Estate and Padron. So it was adding up. I like your suggestion..thanks. Still having trouble with my virgin lungs. Never inhaled before.

Question about the forum. How do I change my password?

ROCK ON! VAPE ON! Music2
(This post was last modified: 24-04-2015 01:44 AM by jerryz.)
24-04-2015 01:41 AM
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
(24-04-2015 01:41 AM)jerryz Wrote:  LOL!! I Know what you mean. I live in Florida so winter was not a big factor, but I did stand in the garage a lot. Also the cigars I prefer run about $10 each. Drew Estate and Padron. So it was adding up. I like your suggestion..thanks. Still having trouble with my virgin lungs. Never inhaled before.

Question about the forum. How do I change my password?
Jerry. We share the same taste in cigars! Those are two of my favorite brands. I also love Acid cigars. My fiancé bought me a box of Acid Opulence 3 stogies this past Christmas. I have 3 or 4 left and I dread running out of them.
24-04-2015 02:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
(23-04-2015 08:00 PM)jerryz Wrote:  Thanks Michael. I will check it out. Do you have a link? It might be a while before I get to deep inhaling. Still choking a bit, even without nicotine. Thanks Mate!

Oh is the link the Vapors and Smokers unite banner?

Yessir, here's a link: FAQ Section

I have to disagree with the people saying that the higher power iStick would be a waste. This is simply not true. Think about it: the iStick 20W costs about $40, the 30W costs about $50, and the 50W costs about $60. You might wonder, why should I spend that extra $20 to get all that extra power that I won't need? The answer is this: if you buy the 20W now and then decide later that you want to start sub-ohm vaping with higher power, you'll need to buy a whole new device to handle it. Whereas if you spend $20 extra now, you'll have a device that allows you to upgrade, and you'll get much longer battery life in the meantime. Battery capacity is measured in mAh (milliamp hours) which are just a measure of how much power they can store. A 20W iStick has a 2200mAh capacity, while the 50W iStick has a 4400mAh capacity. This means that if you're using both at exactly the same settings, say 15W with a 1.8 ohm coil for example, you'll be able to go twice as long between charges with the 50W device. That in itself is worth the extra money, plus like I mentioned before, you'll save in the long run over buying two separate devices. 

Of course it's up to you to decide what your needs are, but if you're considering going sub-ohm in the future I'd definitely recommend getting the 50W now, and even if you don't want to sub-ohm ever, it's still worth it in my opinion for the extra battery life. 

And to answer your other question, yes the pic in my signature is a link to the Vapers and Smokers Unite campaign Smile
24-04-2015 04:13 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Michael's post:
Almost Jaded (04-24-2015), JohnnyMac (04-24-2015), randm (04-24-2015)
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 16,014
(24-04-2015 04:13 AM)Michael Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 08:00 PM)jerryz Wrote:  Thanks Michael. I will check it out. Do you have a link? It might be a while before I get to deep inhaling. Still choking a bit, even without nicotine. Thanks Mate!

Oh is the link the Vapors and Smokers unite banner?

Yessir, here's a link: FAQ Section

I have to disagree with the people saying that the higher power iStick would be a waste. This is simply not true. Think about it: the iStick 20W costs about $40, the 30W costs about $50, and the 50W costs about $60. You might wonder, why should I spend that extra $20 to get all that extra power that I won't need? The answer is this: if you buy the 20W now and then decide later that you want to start sub-ohm vaping with higher power, you'll need to buy a whole new device to handle it. Whereas if you spend $20 extra now, you'll have a device that allows you to upgrade, and you'll get much longer battery life in the meantime. Battery capacity is measured in mAh (milliamp hours) which are just a measure of how much power they can store. A 20W iStick has a 2200mAh capacity, while the 50W iStick has a 4400mAh capacity. This means that if you're using both at exactly the same settings, say 15W with a 1.8 ohm coil for example, you'll be able to go twice as long between charges with the 50W device. That in itself is worth the extra money, plus like I mentioned before, you'll save in the long run over buying two separate devices. 

Of course it's up to you to decide what your needs are, but if you're considering going sub-ohm in the future I'd definitely recommend getting the 50W now, and even if you don't want to sub-ohm ever, it's still worth it in my opinion for the extra battery life. 

And to answer your other question, yes the pic in my signature is a link to the Vapers and Smokers Unite campaign Smile
It also takes longer to charge and is also bigger to carry - if he is going to sub ohm he will really have to go for a 100W mod and do it properlyLol2
24-04-2015 08:05 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ecignut's post:
JohnnyMac (04-24-2015)
jerryz Offline
One of the good guys!

ECignut..I completely agree with you. I fly model airplanes as a hobby. I usually go right to 4 cell batteries. More flying time, more power, why buy 2 cell then 3 cell, and waste that money. For now though the 30 watt Istick seems good for my beginner needs, I am definitely interested in the 50 watt setup. By the way...can you explain sub ohm for me?

ROCK ON! VAPE ON! Music2
24-04-2015 04:54 PM
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 16,014
(24-04-2015 04:54 PM)jerryz Wrote:  ECignut..I completely agree with you. I fly model airplanes as a hobby. I usually go right to 4 cell batteries.  that you fit with batteriesflying time, more power, why buy 2 cell then 3 cell, and waste that money. For now though the 30 watt Istick seems good for my beginner needs, I am definitely interested in the 50 watt setup. By the way...can you explain sub ohm for me?
I can't - I don't do it - all I know is that the coils used are under 1 ohm - hence 'sub ohming' you need a tank to take the coil - the Atlantis is one of many.You also need a good powerful supply of Watts - I would say at least 100W. most sub ohmers use mods that you buy batteries for there are many of these some of which cost a lot of money. They make 'much smoke' as the American Indians would say. Much smoke means more juice more juice means even more money you also need a battery charger - more money again and the special batteries are not cheap either - more money again. The large amounts of vapour are not for me - I like to see where I am going. You would also be well advised to learn as much as you can about electricity high wattage is not a play thing - there are many well informed people on this forum and I am sure they will advise you far better than me - they are a good crowd and pleased to help - you have come to the right forum for that - best of luck - don't blow yourself up.
24-04-2015 05:20 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ecignut's post:
Michael (04-25-2015)
jerryz Offline
One of the good guys!

LOL..I will try not to. Here is what the girl at the store hooked me up with. Aspire Atlantis tank, and 30watt Istick.

ROCK ON! VAPE ON! Music2
24-04-2015 05:51 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes jerryz's post:
JohnnyMac (04-28-2015)