Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello all
Don Offline
Pod and Squonk Club founder :)
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 15,157
Hello all
Quite a few names I recognise from other places.

I've been vaping for a while now, on and off. Mostly off as the 901 batteries were good for about 3 draws. Still got it somewhere but it only gets used with a USB passthrough.

I'm still hooked to the burning plant stuff but have become a much more regular vaper as a result of a hefty pay cut (About 25% by the time you add in the increased pension contributions, the increased hours and the loss of the long-term recruitment and retention allowance.). I simply don't have the £70 a week I was spending on vegetable matter.

I've always used unflavoured juice till this week when I got some RY6 which I like thus far.

I use an eGo battery at work with a Vision clearomiser which works better for me than the eGo tanks.

At home I have a lava tube with a cheapo no-name Genesis tank on it. Which is exceptionally fiddly - my eyesight isn't what it used to be. Just ordered some silica wick for it as the mesh is a PITA.

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com
02-12-2013 06:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
RE: Hello all
So great to have you with us, Don!  Glad you found your way here.

I, too, still enjoy plant matter but only in the form of cigars and/or pipe tobacco.  Vaping has definitely reduced the amount of cigars I smoke but I can't say it's saved me much if any money. Tongue  This is one damned addicting hobby for me and I just love the mods you can do.  So much fun!
02-12-2013 07:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 9,002
Hi Don, welcome to TVF! I have a feeling I know where you're from - I'm betting it's BLF Smile

Wow, £70 a week! that's just incredible I never knew it was so expensive. When I smoked I was paying £9.50 a week on 50G of Rolling Tobacco and I thought that was too expensive.

Making my own juice now costs approx £1 per week plus whatever you spend on hardware and wicking supplies. It's a different world I guess. Gords and I started with Vamo's but quickly moved from those to Drippers. A good tank you might like though is a Davide Glassomizer - We highly recommends it and it's pretty much maintenance free for the most part.

I hope we can help you make the permanent move to Vaping and even if you cut your current bill in half you'd be able to afford some high end kit for sure.
02-12-2013 07:24 PM
Don Offline
Senior Staff

You got it in one - 'twas BLF

Well fags are around 7 quid a pack these days - so a 30 a day habit is around 70 a week.

I'll take a look at the glassomiser, sounds interesting.

02-12-2013 07:33 PM
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
Hi don, good to have you here, lemme know if I can drop anything in the post, my "guy" in wigan carries a lot of the interesting stuff, including the davide glassomiser,  its £12 which is as cheap as I've found it and does come well recommended, I just replaced the one my brother in law had off me as their too good not to have.

For a rebuildable, the rsst is good, once you get the right build in there, build wise though its extremely easy to assemble. You trap the negative leg under a phillips screw and the positive is spring loaded, I wrap a micro coil on a jewelers screwdriver,  fit, pulse and squeeze with tweezers till its tight and glows from the centre out then roll a cotton wool wick and feed it through the coil, with cotton wool, less is definitely more, but with .25mm kanthal being so cheap, and cotton wool costing a quid for a huge bag, experimentation is hardly breaking the bank.

Cheers for the facebook message by the way, it was very appreciated at this time.
02-12-2013 08:32 PM
Don Offline
Senior Staff

Cheers gords, that's good of you.

I'll almost certainly be in touch. Just spent ages messing with the Genesis to discover the problem was a flat battery. This, of course after I'd emptied it, cleaned it, flamed the mesh wick again, rewound the coil and still no vapour.

02-12-2013 08:38 PM
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
Lol,  we've all been there, I do find that in use I prefer bottom coilers but for ease of build and trouble shooting, a genesis is as easy as a dripper as tank draining has not seemed necessary.  One good thing with the rsst, the tank is sealed on the bottom. You can with care, remove it full and set it aside then plop it back on once you've done.

If you struggle with fiddly, stay well away from the dream atomiser.  Its a great piece of kit, like a minimised kayfun but it uses tapered pins for the connections, they work for me but I've read many complaints. I do likea good dripper at home, and do use them on the road, not ideal but the flavour ffrom a good build is second to none.

As I say, let me know if I can drop anything in the post, from eliquid to building supplies to mods and attys, my guy is pretty good with his stock although he is currently waiting on delivery of some items.
02-12-2013 09:11 PM
Don Offline
Senior Staff

(02-12-2013 07:24 PM)Spasmod Wrote:  Making my own juice now costs approx £1 per week plus whatever you spend on hardware and wicking supplies. It's a different world I guess. Gords and I started with Vamo's but quickly moved from those to Drippers. A good tank you might like though is a Davide Glassomizer - We highly recommends it and it's pretty much maintenance free for the most part.
I have a punter that is vaping 110ml a week! I'm sure she's experimenting with the limits of nicotine poisoning - 100 milligrammes (or 0.1ml) of pure nicotine on the skin will be lethal for more or less all humans. The percentage figures often quoted are actually parts per million, not parts per hundred (Or 10,000 times larger). If they were actual percentages there would be a lot of dead vapers.

02-12-2013 09:22 PM
LilFracker Offline
Bwahhahaha
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 1,330
You definitely come a long way Don

To try and fail is one step closer to trying and succeeding
01-03-2018 07:52 PM