Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello!
iheartvaping Offline

Likes Given: 14
RE: Hello!
(29-01-2016 12:35 PM)Don Wrote:  Hi and welcome.

Like ecignut said, there's no great rush to drop nicotine levels. Just when you feel ready to do so.
Hi Don,

thanks for the welcome!  I really appreciate the advice not to drop nic levels too fast.  Since it is going so well so far, I certainly don't want to drop too fast and then gett discouraged and give up!  I am just happy that I am not smoking all the bad chemicals and tar in the analog cigs!  I will try to be sure I am ready for a drop and even then go slowly! Thanks!
30-01-2016 10:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes iheartvaping's post:
Spasmod (01-31-2016)
iheartvaping Offline

(29-01-2016 02:34 PM)GMCruzer Wrote:  
(29-01-2016 11:53 AM)iheartvaping Wrote:  Hello!  I am brand new to the world of vaping, I just bought my first e-cig about 36 hours ago and so far I am loving it!  I was (I'm already saying WAS!) a smoker for years and wanted to quit but never did.  Most of the time I set dates when I would try but never followed through with it.  I went to a Vape Shop and asked for the easiest most basic e-cig and the guy working there was so great and got me all set up with a KangerTech Evod2 and I picked out a Cola Gummies flavour (don't laugh!), he explained everything and away I went.  So I got the 18mg juice to start and so far so good, no desire to smoke the old nasty cigs when I have this delicious juice.  So I am hoping when it is time to get a new bottle of juice, I will be able to go down in the nicotine strength and eventually get down to 0mg.   And then I thought there must be a forum where people talk about this, found this one and read thru some of the posts and was so impressed with how friendly and helpful people are here, so I joined up! 
So, Hello to Everyone!!!
Hello. good luck on your vaping experience.
Thanks GMCruzer!  So far so good!! Smile
30-01-2016 10:15 AM
Spasmod (01-31-2016)
iheartvaping Offline

(29-01-2016 02:47 PM)Michael Wrote:  Welcome to the forum! We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum on the web, and I'm glad you've found us helpful Smile 

Like ecignut and Don said, nicotine isn't harmful when it's not in tobacco smoke. All the chemicals that burn along with it are what causes problems. You'll probably find yourself cutting down on nicotine anyway even if you weren't trying, simply because vaping tastes so good and you'll end up vaping more often than you would have smoked. And if you turn it into a hobby like most of us here, you'll probably end up getting more powerful mods and tanks, which require lower nicotine concentration since they make bigger clouds. The most important thing is that you're not smoking cigarettes anymore, and even if you do "cheat" once in a while, you're still smoking much less than you would have. The reason I say this, for some folks the desire to smoke completely goes away immediately, but for a lot of us, it still gets tempting every now and then when you have a stressful day, or things like that. So I just want you to know that it's awesome you've quit, and if you do slip up sometime, don't feel bad about it, we're still here and you're still helping your health with every cigarette you don't smoke, so just pick back up and vape on! 

(I don't mean to be a downer, but I've seen people slip and start smoking again after vaping and it's human nature to feel bad about that, so I wanted to warn you that it might not be 100% gone immediately) 
Hi Michael!  Thank you for the welcome and the info!  Yes, it is early days for me still, so I am not sure what I will do in moments of stress (or moments of "just because"), I may give in and have a analog cig.  I am just amazed that so far I haven't!  But I will definitely keep in mind that it is not the end of the world and to just get back on the vaping wagon, if it does happen!  That is good advice for a newbie like myself and I really appreciate it!  Thank you! Smile
30-01-2016 10:22 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like iheartvaping's post:
Michael (01-30-2016), Spasmod (01-31-2016)
iheartvaping Offline

(29-01-2016 03:47 PM)TinWhisker Wrote:  Welcome! I love good cola flavors (emphasis on 'good', because I've hit some stinkers before. Cola Gummy sounds good. Menthol cola is also pretty good.
Hi TinWhisker!  The brand of the Cola Gummies flavour is Dr Fog, in case you are interested.  I am really enjoying it!  (And thanks for not laughing at my choice!)  Hmmm, Menthol Cola?  That sounds interesting, I will have to see if my shop carries that flavour!  I can see a whole new world opening up before me!! Smile
30-01-2016 10:26 AM
Spasmod (01-31-2016)
iheartvaping Offline

(29-01-2016 05:32 PM)Spasmod Wrote:  It's always nice to meet a new vaper who's just getting off the cigs! I hope you do well and find it to be an easy transition.

It's always handy to have folks to talk to for that moral support and advice you may need (we've all been there) and there's a fantastic bunch of incredibly supportive and helpful community members here GoodI'm glad you found us!

If there's anything you're not sure of then don't be afraid to ask.

Welcome aboard Drinks
Hello Spasmod!  What a warm and encouraging welcome!  This is exactly why I decided to come out of my "lurker" mode and join this forum!  So far the transition has been great but it is still early days.  And I have already had such great advice about transitioning in the short time I have been here! 
I can see how this can quickly turn into a hobby and a passion!  Especially when you have a forum like this with so many helpful and knowledgeable people! 
Thank you Smile
30-01-2016 10:32 AM
Spasmod (01-31-2016)
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,303
Welcome aboard, and congrats on quitting!  These devices are game changers.

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
31-01-2016 04:32 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Almost Jaded's post:
iheartvaping (03-12-2016), Spasmod (01-31-2016)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,463
Karen, it's Sunday Tongue if you manage to get through today then you'll be all set Big Grin

I hope you're still enjoying your vape and btw.. your cards are beautiful Good2
31-01-2016 04:36 PM
iheartvaping Offline

(31-01-2016 04:36 PM)Spasmod Wrote:  Karen, it's Sunday Tongue if you manage to get through today then you'll be all set Big Grin

I hope you're still enjoying your vape and btw.. your cards are beautiful Good2

Hello again! I haven't been on the forum for quite some time and just checked in and saw this message! I am still very much enjoying the vaping!! It has been over a month since I have had a cigarette! I have come down a level in the nicotine as well, so I am one happy camper Smile
The thing that really caught my attention in your message was the comment about my cards ... who am I talking to here? Please tell Tongue
11-03-2016 11:47 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like iheartvaping's post:
Michael (03-11-2016), Spasmod (03-11-2016)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,463
Don't worry, we don't know each other Tongue I'm just a nosey admin who does his homework on our community members Big Grin

I'm glad you're still vaping and you seem to be enjoying it more than ever... that's great news! and don't be a stranger.. your personality is wonderful!
11-03-2016 01:24 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Spasmod's post:
iheartvaping (03-12-2016), Michael (03-11-2016)
mike.williams Offline
Squonk Club Member
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,401
(29-01-2016 11:53 AM)iheartvaping Wrote:  Hello!  I am brand new to the world of vaping, I just bought my first e-cig about 36 hours ago and so far I am loving it!  I was (I'm already saying WAS!) a smoker for years and wanted to quit but never did.  Most of the time I set dates when I would try but never followed through with it.  I went to a Vape Shop and asked for the easiest most basic e-cig and the guy working there was so great and got me all set up with a KangerTech Evod2 and I picked out a Cola Gummies flavour (don't laugh!), he explained everything and away I went.  So I got the 18mg juice to start and so far so good, no desire to smoke the old nasty cigs when I have this delicious juice.  So I am hoping when it is time to get a new bottle of juice, I will be able to go down in the nicotine strength and eventually get down to 0mg.   And then I thought there must be a forum where people talk about this, found this one and read thru some of the posts and was so impressed with how friendly and helpful people are here, so I joined up! 
So, Hello to Everyone!!!

Hello and welcome!

I'm on day 13 14 of giving up smokeless tobacco so I know you can do it. I've only been on the forum a few days know but everyone here is friendly and helpful. You'll enjoy it here.

Keep Calm and Vape On!
11-03-2016 01:38 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like mike.williams's post:
iheartvaping (03-12-2016), Michael (03-11-2016), Spasmod (03-11-2016)