Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello
ShaggyKids Offline

Likes Given: 27
RE: Hello
(23-02-2019 07:47 PM)TinWhisker Wrote:  
(23-02-2019 07:27 PM)ShaggyKids Wrote:  I guess I'm one of the lucky ones though and had it easy as compared to my husband who was having a tough time of it.

I was (my wife and I both actually) like you were. I found it to be seamless, easy, and wondered not only why I didn't do this sooner, but also why doesn't everyone just flip the switch and drop smoking. Turns out, you and I are rarer breeds than I thought. Seems a lot more people struggle to win the transition than we did; more are like your hubby than like you. I found the switch to be instant and have not looked back in 3.5 years. I know I can say I will never smoke again, something I was never sure I would ever say confidently.

As for the women of the forum, they are indeed few and far between. A couple years ago they were quite well represented, but the ones that hung around have drifted away. Feel free to step in to their shoes! We really fancy having women here too, so other women feel more comfortable if a forum full of testosterone is intimidating. In reality, we're quite easy-going, harmless teddy bears (but don't tell Don I said that), but who knows that until you've taken the time to get to know us.

We're really not men and women here. We're vapers and advocates, all the rest is just details.
I worked with cops for 33 years so not intimidated by a bunch of male vapers Wink I feel very welcomed here and comfortable. You guys have been great! Ok you vapers and advocates have been great!

I do have to catch myself to not be snotty to hubby about him not just dumping the cancer sticks, after all it was so easy for me. But I also know that nicotine is one of the worst addictions to quit that there is out there. He's also a recovering AA/NA so I know about some of the issues addictions cause and this is no different in some ways really. It helps me be nice when I remind myself how hard it would be for me to quit chocolate.
23-02-2019 08:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like ShaggyKids's post:
Fatboy (02-26-2019), TinWhisker (02-23-2019)
ShaggyKids Offline

(23-02-2019 07:41 PM)ecignut Wrote:  Nice post Deb - I hope your hubby manages to quit altogether - it is not easy - I smoked as well for over 50 years and it took me a couple of months to finally quit - tell him to hang in there - he will succeed I am sure. Keep in touch and let us know how you are both doing.
Sure will, I plan on dropping in here frequently. I love reading and learning about vaping etc. and you all get along so well it's nice to just watch the interactions on the boards. I get a kick out of how you pick on one another sometimes.
23-02-2019 08:27 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like ShaggyKids's post:
ecignut (02-23-2019), Fatboy (02-26-2019), mike.williams (02-25-2019), TinWhisker (02-23-2019)
ShaggyKids Offline

(23-02-2019 07:57 PM)ecignut Wrote:  Hi Deb - as you can see - we are ALL rooting for you. TW is absolutely correct - a woman here makes all the difference to the forum and with you and your husband attempting to quit the stinkies gives double impact as to what you are going to achieve - remember ANYTHING you want to ask about just come and tell us - this is the greatest vaping forum for help and for friendly people - it would be wonderful to have you around regularly. Best of luck.
I'll see what I can do to oblige your request. I like it here so it shouldn't be hard for me to do.

Thank you for the kind words (all of you if I haven't said it before).
23-02-2019 08:31 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like ShaggyKids's post:
ecignut (02-23-2019), Fatboy (02-26-2019), TinWhisker (02-23-2019)
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 18,938
(23-02-2019 08:27 PM)ShaggyKids Wrote:  
(23-02-2019 07:41 PM)ecignut Wrote:  Nice post Deb - I hope your hubby manages to quit altogether - it is not easy - I smoked as well for over 50 years and it took me a couple of months to finally quit - tell him to hang in there - he will succeed I am sure. Keep in touch and let us know how you are both doing.
Sure will, I plan on dropping in here frequently. I love reading and learning about vaping etc. and you all get along so well it's nice to just watch the interactions on the boards. I get a kick out of how you pick on one another sometimes.
Yes - it is a very special place with lots of very special people. As you must see - there is a lot of fun here too.
23-02-2019 08:31 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like ecignut's post:
Fatboy (02-26-2019), TinWhisker (02-23-2019)