Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello
IN caver Offline

Likes Given: 4
Video Hello
Hey everyone, I recognize a lotta names here from a couple other forums. I'm new to the whole vaping thing but so far I really like it.
16-10-2013 09:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,351
RE: Hello
Hey buddy, welcome to TVF.. since you already know us from our other site you kinda know what a crazy bunch we can be Smile

What sorta gear are you using at the moment ? Gords and I are using our Vamo's for the most part but those fellow American's of yours are getting all posh with their Uber mods Big Grin

Also what kind of juices do you find you're settling in to ?

Hopefully you'll enjoy being a part of this community too.
16-10-2013 10:34 PM
IN caver Offline

I'm currently using a vivi nova with ego batteries. I've tried several flavors blueberry, watermelon, strawberry, but my favorite so far is a combination of chocolate and caramel. I would love to upgrade my vaping equipment but really don't know where to start. I would love to get a mod so I can use my growing collection of 18650's .  Any suggestions would be great.
16-10-2013 10:52 PM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

(16-10-2013 10:52 PM)IN caver Wrote:  I'm currently using a vivi nova with ego batteries. I've tried several flavors blueberry, watermelon, strawberry, but my favorite so far is a combination of chocolate and caramel. I would love to upgrade my vaping equipment but really don't know where to start. I would love to get a mod so I can use my growing collection of 18650's .  Any suggestions would be great.
Ahh we can certainly help you with that! Smile Gords and I both went for a Vamo V3 which in and of itself is a great Mod. I've had no real issues with mine except for a couple of resistance issues in the tubes but that's easily sorted with a good wipe over with a BabyWipe on the threads.

One annoying thing about the Vamo though is the electroplating.. it wears off and doesn't take long about it so in hindsight, if I were to go back knowing then what I know now I would have gone for a Stainless Steel Vamo.

Operationally though they're reliable and bullet proof. I had an incident the other day where my mech mod was cooking the crap out of itself and the coils were so caked I couldn't even see the coils. It took me literally 20 minutes of continuous 15 watts of dry burning to get them to glow red again so that's a testament to how well the Vamo can take a hammering.

Then there's the iTaste SVD. JohnnyMac bought one of these and from his response and the other reviews kicking around, it would seem like these are made to a higher standard without a great deal of difference in price. 

I can't say from experience how they perform long term as I don't owm one but if I were to buy another VV/VW MOd, this would likely be the one.

madecov bought the Tesla which I know nothing about personally other than it looks nice, but I suspect they're using the same or similar circuitry as the others in it's class. Hopefully madecov will give you an insight into his experiences with it.

Regarding the Cartomizer. The Vivi Nova from what I've heard is actually a good tank and certainly better than the CE4's most of us started with. The thing is though, once you try a Bottom Feeder like a Protank or Davide tank, or even a Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer, you suddenly realise what a different world of Vaping quality is at your fingertips.

I probably don't need to tell you that none of us tend to use our CE4's anymore Tongue

Hopefully that's given you some insight into a few different setups and will be marginally helpful.
16-10-2013 11:20 PM
IN caver Offline

Thanks so much for the help. There are so many products out there it gets rather confusing. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna snag one of those vamo's and maybe a protank. Oh by rhe way congrats on the almost 83 days without a cigarette
16-10-2013 11:44 PM
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
I would seriously look at a davide glassomiser, mine has worked flawlessly with no messing about setting up or vapour locking or leaking, just fill ans go, , a plus one on the vamo too, both of mine work fine and are not cell fussy either.
17-10-2013 07:57 AM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

(17-10-2013 07:57 AM)gords1001 Wrote:  I would seriously look at a davide glassomiser, mine has worked flawlessly with no messing about setting up or vapour locking or leaking,  just fill ans go, , a plus one on the vamo too, both of mine work fine and are not cell fussy either.
+1 on the Davide Glassomizer - Fantastic tank and what the Protank 'Should' have been.
30-10-2013 09:19 PM
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
another good one is the aspire bdc, looks like a vivi nova, vapes as well as my dream atomiser, its an awesome cloud chasing tank and cheap too. The davide is brilliant if you use juices that attack the plastic tanks, and certainly on par with the aspire.

Do treat yourself to a dripper though, they are inexpensive or can be and great for testing new juices. I've got a smok scar in need of recoiling now, I literally vaped it to death and an igo-w, that needed the air hole opening out to 1.5mm, it now gives a lovely flavorful vape and coupled to a diminutive telescoping mech mod is a great carry about.

Go and find todds reviews on YouTube, loads and loads of good info on there.

If you are looking at mech mods, you need good unprotected cells, most wont fit a protected cell, much to my chagrin. The private v2 will fit a Panasonic ncr18650a and its fine with a 1.5 ohm coil, I would recommend getting something like a vamo first though, I quite like being able to double check coil builds for shorts before hooking them up to a set up with no protection.

Also, get used to using a half decent multimeter, I see little spoken about checking atomiser builds before using them but a multimeter makes life very easy and much much safer.
30-10-2013 10:42 PM
IN caver Offline

I ended up ordering the SVD and a Protank II. But it definately looks like the Davide will be coming next. I'll check these out for a while then I might try a mech mod. I visited my local vape shop last week for the first time (because by local I mean 30 miles away). I found a couple flavors that I really really enjoy and best of all I don't miss smoking one bit.
31-10-2013 12:28 AM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

(31-10-2013 12:28 AM)IN caver Wrote:  I ended up ordering the SVD and a Protank II. But it definately looks like the Davide will be coming next. I'll check these out for a while then I might try a mech mod. I visited my local vape shop last week for the first time (because by local I mean 30 miles away). I found a couple flavors that I really really enjoy and best of all I don't miss smoking one bit.
That's great news. How are you liking the SVD and Protank combo ? it should be worlds apart from the original setup.
01-11-2013 02:30 PM