Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Health concern! Have you noticed ??
rsantos613 Offline

Likes Given: 5
Health concern! Have you noticed ??
So I'm sitting here vaping my kangertech submini at work with some maple melon fusion and loving it. I already know I'm addicted as I can feel my lungs calling for it, or something. With vapes it's crazy how much flavour you get and killings the urge to smoke the same time. 

So I'm thinking this is got to be bad for me, the vapour itself it just so much there's no way it's clean there's got to be ejuice saturating inside of my lungs. So I experiment, I got a small piece of tissue paper and stuck it inside my drip tip and about 10 or 15 puffs later I pull it out and it's completely black and soaked like it was a cig! 

Has anyone else tried this or noticed this??
21-01-2016 07:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes rsantos613's post:
gentlydoingit* (01-21-2016)
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,320
RE: Health concern! Have you noticed ??
It's the flavour your using, i was stunned when I found vvapour 's cherry tunes is the same. Not all juices are like that, very few actually. 
Use it occasionally, and don't let your coils get gunked up, which I suspect is the main reason it's as bad as you describe.

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
21-01-2016 08:01 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like gentlydoingit*'s post:
ADIE37 (01-22-2016), rsantos613 (01-21-2016)
TinWhisker Offline
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 17,719
And as far as I know, it's not 'saturating inside your lungs'. You're breathing in vapor and exhaling it immediately. The vaporization and residual saturation occurs at the point where heat is applied and vaporizing happens, which are the coils. I read here (I think it was here, maybe an online article) that you're actually drawing additional moisture out of your lungs when you vape, not vise-versa.

At any rate, vaping is still much safer than smoking, thanks largely to the lack of tar and 7,000 other chemicals found in burning ciggys that are not found in e-liquid. Until an unbiased, long term study comes out that cites that vaping is dangerous, (without needing to manipulate the results to fit an agenda), I'm not concerned about the health risks if vaping, especially compared to known and indisputable health risks associated with smoking.

Of course, the bottom line is that you don't have to vape if you don't want to. No one's stuffing that tank in your face and pulling the trigger, except you.

And I'm not defending vaping blindly. If vaping is found to be a real health risk, I'm out.
21-01-2016 08:14 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like TinWhisker's post:
ADIE37 (01-22-2016), Almost Jaded (02-01-2016), Michael (01-21-2016), rsantos613 (01-21-2016)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,289
It could also be the ejuice on the tissue. Juice always accumulates inside your driptip after a while, it's just one of those things.

I actually tried the same test as you did when I started vaping and the same thing happened. I ended up putting some surgical pipe over the driptip as an extension to keep the filter away from the juice and it was perfectly clear after a good few long draws (I used a Rolling Paper filter).

Give it a go and see if the results differ Good 
21-01-2016 08:21 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Spasmod's post:
ADIE37 (01-22-2016), rsantos613 (01-21-2016)
Skyray Offline
The Little Squonklet
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 1,121
I was thinking this, ejuice saturating inside of my lungs but it can't be as bad as fags so as said unless its proven i'll stick with vaping, I would of thought it will just dissapaite inside the lungs, when you think about it water can be absorbed into the skin but does no harm the body finds a way to get rid of it so i would assume its something similar well i hope it is
21-01-2016 08:48 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Skyray's post:
rsantos613 (01-21-2016)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
EJuice condenses on drip tips, it's just a fact of life. I clean my tips periodically so I don't get juice splatters in my mouth. And anytime you hear a pop coming from your atty, that's a splatter shooting off the coil. Sometimes it will just stay inside the tank and become vaporized later, sometimes it will shoot into the drip tip, and sometimes it can shoot into your mouth and taste awful. But the vapor that goes into your lungs isn't like that, it's a fine mist that you breath in, absorb a bit, then exhale. Any splatters of juice will get caught in the drip tip or your tongue and won't make it all the way to your lungs. And a tissue is a lot more absorbent than your lungs are, since it's dry and porous it absorbs all the juice that's concentrated on the drip tip. Think about how much vapor you breathe out when you exhale: all of that is vapor that wasn't absorbed by your lungs. And just because it looks like a cig's filter doesn't mean it's the same. I can pour ink on a tissue and it would turn black, but that doesn't mean ink is the same as tobacco smoke. Ecig vapor has three ingredients: Flavor, nicotine, and water. That's it. Cigarettes have thousands of carcinogenic chemicals, that might look the same but are very different and much more dangerous. So I agree with the other guys, I'm not going to blindly defend vaping, and if a scientific study produces real evidence that vaping is dangerous then I'll be first in line to quit. But there is no such scientific study to date, and just thinking "this has got to be bad for me" isn't scientific proof, just speculation. 

The point is: vaping is much safer than cigarettes. It might not be 100% safe, but it's drastically safer, and so I'd rather vape than smoke. It's up to you to decide what you want to do. 
21-01-2016 10:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like Michael's post:
ADIE37 (01-22-2016), ecignut (01-22-2016), rsantos613 (01-21-2016)
Skyray Offline
The Little Squonklet
FreeCycle

To me i don't take anyones word for it same with anything in life lol it must be scientificly backed up before i would decide to stop as i see it atm the risk is significantly reduced so as already said will continue to use it, I think it will take years before any evidence comes to light anyway so its a risk i'm prepared to take Smile
22-01-2016 07:56 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Skyray's post:
Michael (01-22-2016)
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 15,945
Your lungs breathe in air from the second you are born. Air contains water - your lungs need water - ejuice vapour is water - don't worry about it - it won't do you any harm. And black is good - I love liquorice[Image: smile.gif].
22-01-2016 05:14 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ecignut's post:
TinWhisker (10-19-2016)
Skyray Offline
The Little Squonklet
FreeCycle

(22-01-2016 05:14 PM)ecignut Wrote:  Your lungs breathe in air from the second you are born. Air contains water - your lungs need water - ejuice vapour is water - don't worry about it - it won't do you any harm. And black is good - I love liquorice[Image: smile.gif].
Nope haha that's the one thing i can't get away with liquorice Tongue lol never tried the juice through
22-01-2016 08:16 PM
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,320
It's glorious as a vape... but don't have too much!

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
22-01-2016 08:23 PM