Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hcigar Hammer Mod group buy feeler!
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
Hcigar Hammer Mod group buy feeler!
Hey gang!  I've been chatting with the Sales Manager at Hcigar the last couple days and inquired about the new Hammer Mod and pricing for a possible group buy.  Since we would be getting them direct from Hcigar we could not have individual units shipped out to each who purchases a Hammer Mod in a group buy.  I've been discussing with our own Madecov, who owns a B&M in Texas, about having them sent to him then reshipped out to each of us.  He is up to the challenge and as long as he doesn't lose any money he will be a happy camper.

We did some calculations based on guesstimated shipping fees and costs.  Based upon those calculations we believe we can manage to offer a GB to our TVF members for as little as $42 USD plus shipping per unit.  If the per unit shipping weight is 13oz or under we figure shipping will be about $6.50 in the continental US and based on USPS.com shipping estimates it will cost just under $17 to ship first class to the UK.

Now please keep in mind that all of this is merely an estimate and could be slightly more and a chance it could be slightly less as well.  We won't know for sure until we get actual weight numbers and bulk shipping and tariff fees from China.  Here is what we are currently projecting:

Continental US Members roughly $48 shipped
UK members roughly £37 ($59 USD)

This is what you would be getting:  The Hammer Mod, 18650 extension tube, and gift box.

[Image: 11071636923_f61501ae4e_z.jpg]

From what I understand this is a very, very good price for our UK members and our US members.  I will be updating this thread with any changes on pricing once we get more accurate details.

If you would be interested in joining the GB please copy and place the list in the latest post, add your name and quantity you'd be interested in, then post the updated list with your member name and quantity at the end of the list.  You are not obligated to purchase if you join this list.  We are merely trying to find out if we can get the required minimum number of pieces met with this.  Spread the word to your friends and point them to this thread if you think they may be interested as well.  The more we have the better we can do here.  Thanks guys!
26-11-2013 07:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Reserved
Madecov - 4 pcs
JohnnyMac - 1 pc
26-11-2013 07:07 PM
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
RE: Hcigar Hammer Mod group buy feeler!
Now thats a difficult one for me, as I know I have a unit available in a week or so with a kayfun clone for £55, all I have to do is go and get it.....hmmmm, consider me pondering for now, but I'm essentially looking at £55 for a tobeco mod and kayfun clone or £37 for the hcigar clone I really wanted. Damm!
(This post was last modified: 26-11-2013 07:40 PM by gords1001.)
26-11-2013 07:38 PM
Find all posts by this user
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,594
Thanks a ton guys for sorting this out for our humble community and a special thanks to Madecov for agreeing to front the funds for the deal to even make this possible.

Absolutely amazing what can happen when some great minds get together to work these things out.
26-11-2013 07:59 PM
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Well, we'll see what happens.  If we don't get enough interest we just wait for FT to get the Tobeco version in. LOL!  I'd love to see this happen but only time will tell.  Gords is in a pickle right now.  In his hands in a week or wait and see how this GB works out...not a decision I'd like to make. Wink
26-11-2013 08:04 PM
gords1001 Offline

I shouldn't buy either at all. End of, at least till my birthday in February,  I've well overspent this month and we have Christmas to do on the next wage.......I need to be sensible dammitHuh

AND....babies really not doing well, me being stupid isn't going to help here. I'm out for now, if it bleeds over till February then I'm in.
(This post was last modified: 26-11-2013 09:22 PM by gords1001.)
26-11-2013 09:21 PM
madecov Offline

Likes Given: 2
I think Johnny said we needed to get 30 units total to make this work. Funds would need to sent to me by paypal in advance so I knew the person wouldn't back out.

My B&M is close to ready to go, but not even opened yet. I'm bleeding capital at the moment. Shipping from China to me would most likely be DHL so assuming Hcigar has them in stock and available it would take about 4-6 days to get to the USA.

[Image: 1379125800_10_1_USD_5_dark.png]
26-11-2013 10:01 PM
gords1001 Offline

I certainly wouldn't expect you to stump up in advance,  but as I say, I shouldn't play before February.
26-11-2013 10:16 PM
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

(26-11-2013 10:01 PM)madecov Wrote:  I think Johnny said we needed to get 30 units total to make this work. Funds would need to sent to me by paypal in advance so I knew the person wouldn't back out.

My B&M is close to ready to go, but not even opened yet. I'm bleeding capital at the moment. Shipping from China to me would most likely be DHL so assuming Hcigar has them in stock and available it would take about 4-6 days to get to the USA.
Exactly!  If we do get enough interest all will have to pay before the order is placed so no one gets stuck holding the proverbial bag.  Before madecov places the order we will need to have all buyers committed to the purchase.  Everyone walks away from this happy or it doesn't happen. Wink
26-11-2013 11:47 PM
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Well, it appears this is a definite no-go.  I'm going to close this thread.  Cheaper alternatives exist elsewhere. Wink
19-12-2013 06:24 PM
Thread Closed