Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Got my vamo v5 today with AGA t2
bdemutis Offline

Likes Given: 0
RE: Got my vamo v5 today with AGA t2
(27-02-2014 01:57 AM)liam Wrote:  
(26-02-2014 11:30 PM)bdemutis Wrote:  Well I'm using a metal screen wick I heated it and the wire before building it but I get this weird taste with it. But when I put my kanger tank on it I get better clouds and it taste better.
  I still have my vamo it's a work horse i pretty much just use it for it's ohm meter these days but it still works great. Taste weird .....that's a little too vauge for us to help you. if it taste metally it needs to break in a bit, or even be reoxidized...if it tastes burnt you probablly have a hot spot or two that needs to be nudged around a bit...coils on mesh have to be adjusted to  get the best flavor out of them.
Yea I have a weird medal flavor sometimes and I oxidized it really good I did it 3 or 4 times when I kept rewrapping it lol. The taste is like when I'm working in my garage and Im welding then grinding metal down and I have all the steel particles going in my nose and mouth.
(This post was last modified: 27-02-2014 04:31 AM by bdemutis.)
27-02-2014 04:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes bdemutis's post:
liam (02-28-2014)
liam Offline

Likes Given: 9
(27-02-2014 04:04 AM)bdemutis Wrote:  
(27-02-2014 01:57 AM)liam Wrote:  
(26-02-2014 11:30 PM)bdemutis Wrote:  Well I'm using a metal screen wick I heated it and the wire before building it but I get this weird taste with it. But when I put my kanger tank on it I get better clouds and it taste better.
  I still have my vamo it's a work horse i pretty much just use it for it's ohm meter these days but it still works great. Taste weird .....that's a little too vauge for us to help you. if it taste metally it needs to break in a bit, or even be reoxidized...if it tastes burnt you probablly have a hot spot or two that needs to be nudged around a bit...coils on mesh have to be adjusted to  get the best flavor out of them.
Yea I have a weird medal flavor sometimes and I oxidized it really good I did it 3 or 4 times when I kept rewrapping it lol. The taste is like when I'm working in my garage and Im welding then grinding metal down and I have all the steel particles going in my nose and mouth.
Do you have a hot leg....alot of the times alot...the distance between the top of the wick and the top of the post are to far away from each other, and when you hit the button the section of wire that goes from wick to post will glow red. alot of people if using mesh will bend the wick over to the post so the gap isn't so far. the other thing to do is put a ss washer under the top nut the washer will be larger in diameter than the post so it will reach out to the coil cutting the distance between coil and post.
28-02-2014 04:29 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes liam's post:
18sixfifty (02-28-2014)
Galaxyrider Offline
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 265
(26-02-2014 04:59 PM)bdemutis Wrote:  I finally recived my vamo v5 and aga t2 today. Went to my local shop to pick up wire because I broke it but the shop owner showed me how to build the coil. I'm vaping liberty vapor vanilladelphia it taste so much better than using a ego twist and kanger tank. I love the vamo v5 only downside its big and heavy to carry around as a on the go vaporizer lol.
I too am looking into a Vamo, Ive never really wanted to do the dripping thing, since I'm usually driving, or relaxing, My T3s is just too convenient. If the voltage/wattage thing makes that much of a difference, I think I can live with big and heavy.

Onward.. through the Fog!
[Image: quit-smoking-banner.php?key=16216]
24-05-2014 01:22 PM
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
I drive a lot and have no issue dripping, but then I used to smoke rollies too....

As for the vamo, its a good mod, the only thing to ne aware of are the soft 510 theads, the variable voltage/wattage, some like it, I would too but it'd need to be at least 100watt capable for me, ive spoilt myself with silly dripper/genesis builds on mechs with high output cells, my vamo has become a glorified resistance checker.
24-05-2014 10:47 PM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,587
(24-05-2014 10:47 PM)gords1001 Wrote:  my vamo has become a glorified resistance checker.

Mine too Sun_bespectacled Tongue
25-05-2014 11:54 AM