Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Giving up the Cubans
Boyblue Offline

Likes Given: 0
Giving up the Cubans
I've decided to quit smoking cigars this year.  I quit a couple years ago but got back into it last year basically because all of my crew love their Cubans, in addition we've been getting some good cigars at a decent price. ($3.00 per).  I smoked about twice a week and went through 2 or 3 cigars each time. 

I started vaping two weeks ago with a EGO Twist starter kit with Nutty Professor 18MG juice.  It was the closest my vape shop could get me to a comparable smoke.  The setup was a bit light so I went back in hopes of finding something moderately better.  The only thing they had was high build it your self stuff but one of the patrons offered to sell me his K-Box Mini.

I bought the K-Box.  At first I was a bit disappointed because after pouring out the fruity juice he was vaping I loaded the Nutty Professor - not good.  But after a while the savory flavor started to come through and now I think I have a winner.  I've learned that you have to clean the tank & change the thingy.

I am currently vaping mouth to lung at 16W using the largest air setting.

Questions Smile

With the switch over to mouth to lung vaping (which feels natural) am I getting more nicotine?
Is 18mg too much nicotine, or it a step down from cigars?
I've tried 45W with the lowest air setting and just puffing but it seems like a waste.
I've inherited some juice please tell me which of these are worth a try considering I like the Nutty Professor
Turkish Blend 16mg
Vaporfi Premium e liquid 24mg
Vaporfi Premium e liquid 18mg
Vaporfi Premium e liquid 12mg
and something called Cigar with no nicotine measure just the word "HIGH"
08-01-2017 05:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Boyblue's post:
Umi (01-08-2017)
Umi Offline
Queen of the World
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 4,497
RE: Giving up the Cubans
Welcome!

[Image: header_mumei_by_sonicogfx-da391nr.png]
08-01-2017 05:58 AM
bibliora Offline
Person of Interest
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 2,902
BoyBlue, welcome to the forum. You bring us a tough questions. Back in the day when cigars were cool, I smoked a few. They did indeed hit hard. I too started with an ego pen and quickly found it not strong enough to replace a pack a day habit. 40W is fine for MTL, and I would recommend the Nautilus or Nautilus Mini tank. I started with Nautilus Mini tank and was very happy. I have to wonder how you are getting a satisfactory vape with MTL. Have you tried DTL? It has a much stronger and more satisfying hit in my opinion. Something for another discussion.

Regarding juice, try them all, you never know what will appeal to you. I started at 24mg, and think 18mg a step down from cigars. If 18mgs satisfies you, all is good.

[Image: banner.png?p=15_4_2016_1.2_7__1__1_0_757575_c50707]

Bibliora aka Torrey Girl_wink
08-01-2017 07:02 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like bibliora's post:
BGN64 (01-08-2017), Umi (01-08-2017)
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 8,289
Hi Boyblue - welcome to the forum. You need to tell us which coil you are using in the Kbox tank - the usual one is the .5ohm.
If this is the case you will not get a satisfactory MTL vape - especially with wide open airflow - the Kbox is really a sub ohm set-up.
With sub ohm - DTL vaping 3mg is all you need. For MTL 18mg is the high end of 'middle of the road' strength. I MTL and 18mg is what I use. The .5ohm coil will vape well at around 30W but for MTL you are talking low power and higher ohm coils - around 10W and 1.8ohm coils  and the airflow has to be quite tight. Let us know about the coil - MTL vaping can be a really satisfying and flavoursome vape but it must be done with the right set up. Best of luck and keep in touch.
08-01-2017 10:12 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like ecignut's post:
BGN64 (01-08-2017), bibliora (01-08-2017), Umi (01-08-2017)
Fatboy Online
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 13,190
Welcome to TVF BoyBlue.

You mentioned your local shop only "having build it yourself stuff" what did you mean? Do you mean regulated or mechanical mods that use 18650 batteries, separate atomizers (tanks) or actual box and wires and parts that you have to assemble?
08-01-2017 01:29 PM
Boyblue Offline

Likes Given: 0
It is the .5 ohm atomizer.  Remember this was right after Christmas so the only mods left were high end stuff I did't get any details but I do recall that I would have had to choose a mod & a separate tank.  They do have some starter mods on order but I did'n want to wait.

To update the Vaporfi info - I didn't see the flavors hand written on the bottom of each bottle.
Vaporfi Premium e liquid 24mg "Cigar"
Vaporfi Premium e liquid 18mg [font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]"Cigar"[/font]
Vaporfi Premium e liquid 12mg "Classic"

I did try MTL but I cough, unless I go down to 15w.  I think I'd prefer MTL so I'll switch to the 1.5ohm KangerTech coil.  I'm not sure if the Kbox can handle the 1.8 or if I can find one that fits.

BTW I love the look of the [font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Nautilus Mini tank it looks like something that would work for me ergonomically & I'd bet it won't leak like my Kbox tank. [/font]
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2017 01:27 AM by Boyblue.)
08-01-2017 10:55 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Boyblue's post:
Fatboy (01-10-2017)
Robjenko Offline
Squonk Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 1,245
Hi Boyblue Welcome to TVF

Vaping Saves Lives. To vape is to advocate..
09-01-2017 05:06 AM
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 8,289
(08-01-2017 10:55 PM)Boyblue Wrote:  It is the .5 ohm atomizer.  Remember this was right after Christmas so the only mods left were high end stuff I did't get any details but I do recall that I would have had to choose a mod & a separate tank.  They do have some starter mods on order but I did'n want to wait.

To update the Vaporfi info - I didn't see the flavors hand written on the bottom of each bottle.
Vaporfi Premium e liquid 24mg "Cigar"
Vaporfi Premium e liquid 18mg [font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]"Cigar"[/font]
Vaporfi Premium e liquid 12mg "Classic"

I did try MTL but I cough, unless I go down to 15w.  I think I'd prefer MTL so I'll switch to the 1.5ohm KangerTech coil.  I'm not sure if the Kbox can handle the 1.8 or if I can find one that fits.

BTW I love the look of the [font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Nautilus Mini tank it looks like something that would work for me ergonomically & I'd bet it won't leak like my Kbox tank. [/font]
Hi Bb - If you are looking at the Nautilus Mini you would be much better with the Triton Mini. It is really an updated Nautilus with superior airflow adjustment and is top-fill. The Nautilus is a great tank but rather outdated now. The Triton mini gives you 3 options for coils, a 1.8, a1.6 and a 1.2ohm the latter being by far the best. It also has an option of a TC coil which might interest you at a later date. The Triton is made by Aspire who also make the Nautilus and the Nautilus coils fit the Triton mini - that is why you have more coil options. The tank does not leak whether sidy ways, upside down or whatever everyone I know with this tank think it is great. For your further info. the 1.8 ohm coil will vape best at around 9W, the 1.6ohm at around 10W and the 1.2 ohm at around 11.5W. If you decide to go down this route you will not be disappointed. Best of luck.
09-01-2017 10:08 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like ecignut's post:
Fatboy (01-10-2017), Michael (01-09-2017)
mike.williams Offline
TVF Veteran
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 1,093
Welcome to TVF! You've gotten some great advice here so far. I'm DTL guy so probably not much help on suggestions for MTL. I will add this though. It will probably take some experimenting to find just the right setup as in wattage and coils and even juice before you get that perfect vape but it will come.

Best of luck and congrats on quitting!

Keep Calm and Vape On!

09-01-2017 01:15 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes mike.williams's post:
Fatboy (01-10-2017)
Whitesoxfan2579 Offline

Likes Given: 182
Welcome Boyblue
11-01-2017 03:13 PM