Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Geek Vape Zeus impressions
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,303
Geek Vape Zeus impressions
Just finished unboxing, setting up, and trying one of these - WOW.

The machining on this thing is TOP notch.  I've worked on million dollar exotic cars with less impressive machine work in their engine bays.  I've worked on exorbitantly expensive firearms with less impressive machining.  It's solid, everything mates beautifully.

The top fill isn't a hinged design.  It's a pressure lock twist design.  I prefer the one-piece engineering of the SMOK tanks for the laziness factor, but this thing will probably never fail to seal, and the top piece is SOLID.

Unscrewing the build deck requires more turns than expected, but once it's open, it's all good.  A very tight fit - slide it out carefully.  It's a single coil build deck with a LOT of room.  Getting the coil placed just so with the bottom-placement screws required a little getting-to-know-you, especially for someone well used to velocity-style installs at this point, but it's not hard.  Did I mention there's PLENTY of room to work..?  The wick channels are quite large.  Wicked appropriately, it shouldn't leak and should provide plenty of juice.  The included coil (x2) is a braided affair the measured .27 after I trimmed it - I uncoiled half a wrap per side, so it's probably a .35 out of the box.  

A note on putting it back together - you've gotta get the airflow tower thingies lined up just so.  Failling to do so results in a "WHY WON'T THIS THING GO BACK TOGETHER" moment when attempting to put it back into the tank.  Doing it right isn't hard - you just gotta do it right.  Tolerances, as I said above, are VERY tight.  Put it in carefully and correctly, don't force it.  Once you get the hang of it it's no problem.  

The airflow control ring is stellar.  Goes where you put it and stays.  Plenty of airflow for a 100W + build, and plenty of room on the deck to get there - I personally don't like to go much over 60 on a single coil, even a beefy one.  but if you've got a crazy .15 ohm single coil beast in mind, it'll go there, with the juice feed and airflow to accommodate.

Flavor is stellar.  A bit of spit back through the chuff, as might be expected with a direct-channel air flow and a center mounted coil.  The included top caps were my only gripe; the smaller one doesn't actually seem to fit either the tank or the included adapter.  The "regular" one works great though, so no issue to me.

Comes with spare glass, 2 coils, a handy tool, and plenty of spare bits (screws and seals, etc).

All in all - this is one HELL of an RTA.  If you want a tank-tank rather than a Gen-style RDTA, something you can leave about without fear of leaks - but you want to build your own and who cares about prefabricated coils - this piece should be very high on your list.

For it's class (an actual tank, RTA) - 9/10, HIGHLY recommend.  

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
(This post was last modified: 16-01-2018 09:56 PM by Almost Jaded.)
16-01-2018 09:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 4 users Like Almost Jaded's post:
Don (01-16-2018), Fatboy (01-31-2018), Spasmod (02-02-2018), TinWhisker (01-16-2018)
josh0698 Offline

Likes Given: 8
RE: Geek Vape Zeus impressions
How is the flavor? I will be retiring my merlin mini and need a new tank. Does the flavor on zeus competes with the merlin mini?
31-01-2018 06:39 PM
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,303
Best flavor I've ever experienced from a tank, better than some drippers and RDTA's.  Incredible.

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
01-02-2018 05:57 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Almost Jaded's post:
Don (02-01-2018), josh0698 (02-03-2018)
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 20,220
Hi AJ - I take it you like it then[Image: tongue.gif].
01-02-2018 06:50 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like ecignut's post:
Don (02-01-2018), gentlydoingit* (02-01-2018)