Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GOOD VAPOR, NO FLAVOR! (NO MATTER WHAT JUICE)
lakesRus84 Offline

Likes Given: 0
RE: GOOD VAPOR, NO FLAVOR! (NO MATTER WHAT JUICE)
(21-03-2015 05:53 AM)Nihilum Wrote:  The airflow on a Nautilus should not be high enough to eliminate flavors, just weaken them very slightly.  Most people don't even notice the difference in flavor between the smallest and largest holes...only the amount of vapor.  The issue we see in my shop the most with this situation is juice that is too VG heavy for 1.2 Ohm or higher coils.  It reduces airflow and heat production of the coil so a lot of the time you get nothing at all.  VG takes much more heat to evaporate than PG does, and standard 1.2 ohm coils just don't have the heat production for most VG heavy juices.

In my shop I see 3-5 customers a week with this same issue.  Generally, they bought juice elsewhere and got 80VG/20PG or 90VG/10PG.  It'll clog anything that's running above .5 Ohms.  Even 70VG/30PG can cause issues with 1.2 Ohm or higher tanks.

At this point I still prefer PG heavy juices. I have them mixed at 70/PG + 30/VG, because I find that high PG is just more satisfying as a newly quit smoker. "Strong throat hit" as you hear people say..... but thank you for this tip. I'll remember it in the future if/when I transition to higher VG! 
22-03-2015 03:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes lakesRus84's post:
Michael (03-23-2015)
Cman Offline

Likes Given: 166
It sounded like a dud coil to me at first because what you experienced with everything good and then no vapor is a dead giveaway to a coil going bad although there is usually also a loss in flavor .

Getting two duds in a row is not uncommon but it is frustrating as hell , i do not notice a taste difference between the largest hole and smallest either with the air flow but the largest always gives more vapor.

If i could have excellent flavor and no vapor i would be in heaven lol,  i have always thought that it's the vapor that really hurts e cigs reputation because it looks like smoke to other people and that perception is a bad one even if it's not accurate.
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2015 11:17 PM by Cman.)
05-05-2015 11:16 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cman's post:
Michael (05-06-2015)
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 16,364
(18-03-2015 03:01 AM)goosesrh Wrote:  I don't mean to thread jack but would vaping my tank down to empty, taking it completely apart, vaping the wicks dry, and cleaning it with warm water before I refill it daily with the same or different juice, that way there's no "cross flavor contamination" and no gunk buildup on my coil be considered over kill?
Absolute murder.
11-05-2015 07:23 AM