Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GOOD VAPOR, NO FLAVOR! (NO MATTER WHAT JUICE)
lakesRus84 Offline

Likes Given: 0
GOOD VAPOR, NO FLAVOR! (NO MATTER WHAT JUICE)
I'm fairly new to vaping, quit smoking Dec. 5, 2014, and a self proclaimed dummy when it comes to the mechanics and technical factors involved in vaping. Every day I learn more and more, but overall I don't know much.... I do however, know my OWN equipment though, and since yesterday, I've come across an issue that I can seem to find a solution for.... Up until a week ago, I was using the iclear 30 tank that came with the Innokin MVP mod/battery/whatever u call it thing that I use... I purchased an Aspire Nautilus tank last week, in order to gain better air flow control, and until yesterday, was vaping happily, without a hitch...... Since yesterday, I've been having a super frustrating issue where my vapor has no taste... I've adjusted my voltage and wattage in every possible combination of settings, and that doesn't seem to be related.... I've ruled out that "vapors tongue" thing I read about by switching juices like a trillion times.... and lastly I put in a new coil.... No luck.... I really don't know what else to try??? Any tips? Suggestions? Vapor without flavor, kinda really sucks! Thanks! 
17-03-2015 04:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Whiskey Offline

Likes Given: 2,590
RE: GOOD VAPOR, NO FLAVOR! (NO MATTER WHAT JUICE)
You seem to have tried everything I would have suggested, And you say this is happening to all juices that you have tried in that tank?

New coil other juices tried, different voltage, wattage tried...I can't think of anything else to suggest except trying a different topper all together?
17-03-2015 11:48 AM
Spasmod Online
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,021
Welcome to TVF!

You say you've tried different voltage and wattage settings and it may sound silly but have you played around with the airflow adjustment? The reason I say that is because while more airflow with give you more vapour, it will also give you less flavour. It's kind of a tradeoff between good clouds and good flavour.

Hopefully if you reduce the air a little, you'll get the flavour back.. if you've tried that already then ignore what I said Tongue 

Good luck, though I can't think of any other reason for the sudden lack of flavour, especially as you have changed the head.
17-03-2015 02:09 PM
Michael Offline
Social Media Manager
Media Manager

Likes Given: 17,354
Sorry to hear about that problem you're having. My first guess would be to change out the heads, but you've already done that! One thing you might not have thought of, is to make sure you stay hydrated. Vaping dries out your mouth, so drinking water is important. The normal troubleshooting for flavorless vape would be to try different flavors, try new coils, or turn up the power, so I'm not really sure what else to tell you. You might want to just stop vaping for a day then come back to it, perhaps that could help. Have you eaten anything with strong flavor? Sometimes your vape can seem muted after eating something strong, I know I can hardly taste my vape at all after eating things with a lot of garlic. 
Hope you get it figured out, and let us know how you get on!
18-03-2015 12:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
lakesRus84 Offline

Well guys, I'm not sure what exactly fixed this issue for me, but I decided to break absolutely everything down, thoroughly clean it all, and put in yet another NEW coil, and something seems to have licked my no flavor issue .  I've been made aware recently, that there is such a thing as "dud coils"... maybe the last new coil I put in was a did? Maybe something along the way was loose/getting a bad connection? Not real sure.... Wanted to thank you guys for taking the time to help a sister out tho either way! Smile really appreciate it!  

(17-03-2015 02:09 PM)Spasmod Wrote:  Welcome to TVF!

You say you've tried different voltage and wattage settings and it may sound silly but have you played around with the airflow adjustment? The reason I say that is because while more airflow with give you more vapour, it will also give you less flavour. It's kind of a tradeoff between good clouds and good flavour.

Hopefully if you reduce the air a little, you'll get the flavour back.. if you've tried that already then ignore what I said Tongue 

Good luck, though I can't think of any other reason for the sudden lack of flavour, especially as you have changed the head.

It makes sense that opening air flow, would lead to weakened flavor. I kind of suspected something like that in the first place, so yes I did mess around u and down with air flow.... up until I tore this sucker apart and started from scratch tho, nothing wiped out my issue..... glad to know my suspicions about air flow/vapor production vs. flavor productions were actually on point tho! Maybe I'm not such a dummy afterall! Not completely anyways! Haha!
(This post was last modified: 18-03-2015 01:14 AM by lakesRus84.)
18-03-2015 01:05 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like lakesRus84's post:
JohnnyMac (03-18-2015), Spasmod (03-18-2015)
Michael Offline
Social Media Manager
Media Manager

Glad you got it figured out! Now that you mention it, I've had some flavors get muddled after being in the tank for too long without cleaning the tank thoroughly, so perhaps that happened to you. It's a good idea to thoroughly clean your tank whenever you refill it, or at least every few weeks, just to make sure there's no gunk built up anywhere and to keep it tasting fresh. But since you've only had yours for a week, I wouldn't have thought it would have had time to get gunked up. 
18-03-2015 02:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
goosesrh Offline

Likes Given: 18
I don't mean to thread jack but would vaping my tank down to empty, taking it completely apart, vaping the wicks dry, and cleaning it with warm water before I refill it daily with the same or different juice, that way there's no "cross flavor contamination" and no gunk buildup on my coil be considered over kill?
18-03-2015 03:01 AM
Michael Offline
Social Media Manager
Media Manager

Yeah I'd probably call that overkill, but hey, whatever works for you. 
18-03-2015 11:16 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
Cman (05-05-2015)
goosesrh Offline

Likes Given: 18
Did I mention I may have OCD?
19-03-2015 02:49 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like goosesrh's post:
Michael (03-19-2015), Spasmod (03-19-2015)
Nihilum Offline

The airflow on a Nautilus should not be high enough to eliminate flavors, just weaken them very slightly.  Most people don't even notice the difference in flavor between the smallest and largest holes...only the amount of vapor.  The issue we see in my shop the most with this situation is juice that is too VG heavy for 1.2 Ohm or higher coils.  It reduces airflow and heat production of the coil so a lot of the time you get nothing at all.  VG takes much more heat to evaporate than PG does, and standard 1.2 ohm coils just don't have the heat production for most VG heavy juices.

In my shop I see 3-5 customers a week with this same issue.  Generally, they bought juice elsewhere and got 80VG/20PG or 90VG/10PG.  It'll clog anything that's running above .5 Ohms.  Even 70VG/30PG can cause issues with 1.2 Ohm or higher tanks.
21-03-2015 05:53 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Nihilum's post:
Cman (05-05-2015), Michael (03-21-2015)