Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Feel Like a Fish outa water!!
ajstutz69 Offline

Likes Given: 13
Feel Like a Fish outa water!!
So, I'm new to the vaping community. I've tried it before and hated it, but recently decided to give it a try due to getting a new job working in a county jail. I went to the local vape shop and got myself a tank setup. Much to my dismay I learned that there are SO MANY ways to vape that I almost had a mental meltdown trying to figure out what to get. I ended up with a Nautilus tank and an MVP 20W from Innoken, and then I started googling stuff only to find out that you guys are all a bunch of dedicated "enginerds" (I don't mean that disrespectfully) Anyway I'm in brain overload here so bear with me if I ask some dumb questions while I'm trying to figure all this out. I've had 2 cigarettes since I picked this up (couldn't stand either one) and I'm pretty exited to get into this!!! Anyway enough rambling about nothing, I'm gonna go read more of you guys' threads!
AJ        Huh
05-02-2015 09:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Robjenko Offline
Squonk and toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 2,393
RE: Feel Like a Fish outa water!!
Welcome ajstutz69. Congrats on trying to quit the stinkies.. You will get there.. The people on here are friendly and helpful. just ask and we as a community will help if we can ..

Vaping Saves Lives. To vape is to advocate..
05-02-2015 12:46 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Robjenko's post:
ajstutz69 (02-06-2015)
Michael Offline
Oh, where have I gone off to...

Likes Given: 17,341
Welcome to the forum! A lot of us on here are definitely nerds, but that's not all vaping is about. You've got a nice setup there, I had an MVP for a long time and it's a great device. Rebuilding coils and mods is a lot of fun and can give you a great vape, but a lot of people are content with just an eGo-style pen and clearomizer, so you're already a bit ahead of the curve Tongue

Hope you enjoy your time here, if you have any questions feel free to ask any time!
05-02-2015 05:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
ajstutz69 (02-06-2015)
BOB Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 10,057
hi AJ welcome to TVF
when I first started vaping I found it difficult to get my head around to
good luck on kicking the ciggys into touch Good

if at first you don't succeed ,call it version 1.0
05-02-2015 06:46 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes BOB's post:
ajstutz69 (02-06-2015)
Don Offline
Pod and Squonk Club founder :)
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 14,401
Hi and welcome AJ

Nerd, I plead guiltySmile

Like anything else new, it can be a bit confusing at first.

You just need to find what suits you. Hope you have fun here.

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com
05-02-2015 06:49 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Don's post:
ajstutz69 (02-06-2015), Michael (02-06-2015)
the orb Offline

Likes Given: 30
hello aj and welcome i been vaping for 9 months now only one month tobbaco free so still early days for me, i am like you when it comes to technical stuff, basically i aint got a clue but through asking questions on this forum i am getting by just fine, dont matter what question you need to ask i am sure someone will help you, also youtube is very helpfull i am sure there is a review for just about anything that is sold that is vape related... p.s. the more i vape the more tobbaco smells and tastes horrible...
05-02-2015 09:42 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like the orb's post:
ajstutz69 (02-06-2015), BOB (02-06-2015), Michael (02-06-2015), Robjenko (02-06-2015)
Nihilum Offline

Likes Given: 0
Welcome AJ!

I work in a vape shop and I see the "mental meltdown" on people's faces everyday.  They come in expecting to see a case or two full of Ego style batteries...or even Blu e-cigs.  They don't expect to see one case full of Ego and Aspire stick batteries...and the rest of the cases full of mods and accessories.  Not to mention the 200 flavors of juice that our shop carries.  It's entertaining to see their faces at first...especially when all of the staff are using different mods when someone new walks in.  We're always quick to explain that the expensive mods we use are not necessary to have an enjoyable vaping experience...that usually sets them at ease.

It's not as complicated as it seems.  You just have to get used to the lingo.  Spend some time going through the forums here and you'll learn quite a bit.  Also, if you can, find a local vape shop that has a knowledgeable and friendly staff and customers.  In a good shop, the staff is not only able to answer any questions you have, but pleased to do so.
06-02-2015 02:55 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Nihilum's post:
ajstutz69 (02-06-2015), Michael (02-06-2015)
ajstutz69 Offline

Thanks Guys,
As Far as I know I only have a small vape shop here in Iowa City that is fairly new so they don't seem to have a huge selection of juice or anything else for that matter, I wanted a Genuine Cloupor Mini DNA30 30W VV/VW Box Mod but they were sold out and said they didn't know when they were going to get any more in so I settled on the one I got cuz I had to have one asap!! Anyway, you guys keep talking about "drippers" I think it is. I want something that produces a LOT of Vapor for when I'm sitting around the house watching TV and stuff at home on my nights off. I think they told me in the vape shop that the rebuildable coils produce a larger vapor cloud? I also ordered 5 different flavors of juices from vapedudes, can't wait for those to come in!!!!
AJ
06-02-2015 04:43 AM
Michael Offline
Oh, where have I gone off to...

Likes Given: 17,341
"Dripper" is another word for RDA, or rebuildable dripping atomizer. That means any atomizer that you build your own coils, and drip the juice directly onto the wick instead of filling it in a tank. They definitely can produce a lot more vapor than a tank, and many vapers (such as myself) start out with tanks and eventually upgrade to RDAs. It's a crazy world once you get into dripping, and it takes a little bit of research to make sure you're doing it safely, since improperly built atties can ruin your batteries or your mod. But don't let that scare you, it's actually really easy and fun once you get the hang of it. If you decide you want to get into dripping, just ask for info here on the forum and we'll be more than happy to help you out with any questions you might have as you get started. 
06-02-2015 05:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
ajstutz69 Offline

Michael,
I think that'll be my next project, my wife wants to get into it now so I'll get her a tank and then next I'll build an RDA (see I did it) figured out my first acronym!! LOL

My wife was freaking out when I brought it home, she's was saying how they were worse than cigarettes and all sorts of stuff, I had to get on here to get some info to school her. Now she wants to start too! She's gonna finish our carton of Newports and then start vapin!!
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2015 06:50 AM by ajstutz69.)
06-02-2015 06:47 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like ajstutz69's post:
Michael (02-06-2015), Robjenko (02-06-2015)