Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[FAQ] Who should I ask about ____?
Michael Offline
Social Media Manager
Media Manager

Likes Given: 16,845
[FAQ] Who should I ask about ____?
Every now and then, people come on here saying something like "I'm not sure which forum I should post in..." or "who's in charge here?" So I figured it was about time we made a list of all the staff members, what they specialize in, and where to post new threads. 

Of course, we have a "New Member Introductions" section where you can post if you're new. We always love hearing from new members, and if you have any questions you can just post it there in your intro thread. We also have sub-forums dedicated to mod and atty discussion, DIY juice making and mod building, vaping education, and of course this FAQ section where I try to answer some questions before you ask them. If your question doesn't fit into any of those categories, you can always just post it in the "General Discussion" section, and if it's not vaping related, we also have an "Off-Topic Discussions" section. 

Generally speaking, you'll get a lot more answers if you post in the forum, rather than sending a private message to a staff member or moderator. None of us are all-knowing, and there have been times when I recieved a PM from someone asking questions about something I don't know, and my only option at that point is to post in one of the forums and ask before replying to the PM. So in general, the best way to get a good answer is to make a forum post rather than PM-ing someone. 

But if you need something that only a mod can handle, for example if you notice someone abusing the forum or spamming, you have two options. You can click the "Report" button at the bottom of the post, which will send a message to all the mods so that it can be taken care of quickly by whoever happens to be online. Or you can send a PM. 

Remember, the mods are busy folks with lives outside this forum, so be considerate. 

So here's a list of the mods and staff. I'm making this list up off the top of my head, so if you're a mod or staff member and I forget to mention you, just comment and I'll add your name to the list. Also let me know what your specialty is (if you have one) so I can put that beside your name. 
  • JohnnyMac - Co-Founder of TVF. This is the man to talk to if you're a vendor looking to advertise on the forum (be sure to check out our Vendor Rules). He also does awesome flashlight reviews and mods on our sister site, The Flashlight Forum.
  • Spasmod - Co-Founder of TVF. He's in charge of making the forum look awesome, and really is a jack-of-all-trades who does a little bit (or a lot) of everything around here. 
  • Don - Senior Staff. Don is our resident battery expert who likes to lecture on cell safety. Also a flashlight junkie.
  • Whiskey - Super Moderator, Senior Staff.
  • Pulsar - Super Moderator
  • 18sixfifty - Super Moderator. Another flashlight modding enthusiast. 
  • BOB - Super Moderator. He sometimes makes beautiful custom pipe mods. 
  • Robjenko - Super Roberator. He's very involved in Vaping Advocacy.
  • TinWhisker - Super Moderator
  • Michael - Social Media Manager. That's me!!! I'm in charge of the Twitter and Facebook for TVF. I also know a little bit about a lot of vaping things, though I'm not an expert in any particular area. I also dabble in flashlight modding from time to time. 
  • gentlydoingit* - FreeCycle Manager. This guy is the coil expert, if you want to see some of his work just check out the "How do you dip yer wick?" thread and prepare to be amazed. 

I think that's everyone! Like I mentioned before, if you're new here and have questions, the best way to do that is to just post in the "New Members" forum. There's also a "search" button at the top of the page where you can search for keywords in case somebody else has asked a similar question before. Have fun, and vape on!
01-02-2016 07:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 7 users Like Michael's post:
BOB (02-03-2016), Chuck-Drl (02-01-2016), Don (02-01-2016), ecignut (02-01-2016), gentlydoingit* (02-03-2016), Spasmod (02-05-2016), TinWhisker (02-06-2016)
BOB Offline
Super Moderator
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 9,997
RE: [FAQ] Who should I ask about ____?
I think you might have got me mixed up with someone else on the battery expert Michael Smile
all I know about them is there is a + end a - end and a middle bit Tongue

if at first you don't succeed ,call it version 1.0
03-02-2016 12:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 4 users Like BOB's post:
Don (02-03-2016), ecignut (02-03-2016), Michael (02-03-2016), Spasmod (02-05-2016)
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 8,032
It would be great if that were all we needed to know Bob! Thing is, folks are used to having devices that "Just Work".

Once you get past eGo/CE4 combos vaping isn't even close to there yet.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
03-02-2016 01:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like Don's post:
BOB (02-03-2016), ecignut (02-03-2016), Spasmod (02-05-2016)
Michael Offline
Social Media Manager
Media Manager

Likes Given: 16,845
Lol Bob, I thought I remembered you posting in some battery question threads, I'll fix that for ya Wink 

Don I agree, I wish vaping would get to the "plug and play" point soon, too many folks just assume 18650s are the same as AAs but there's so much more to it that many people don't understand. 
03-02-2016 01:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like Michael's post:
BOB (02-03-2016), Don (02-03-2016), Spasmod (02-05-2016)