Every now and then, people come on here saying something like "I'm not sure which forum I should post in..." or "who's in charge here?" So I figured it was about time we made a list of all the staff members, what they specialize in, and where to post new threads.
Of course, we have a "New Member Introductions" section where you can post if you're new. We always love hearing from new members, and if you have any questions you can just post it there in your intro thread. We also have sub-forums dedicated to mod and atty discussion, DIY juice making and mod building, vaping education, and of course this FAQ section where I try to answer some questions before you ask them. If your question doesn't fit into any of those categories, you can always just post it in the "General Discussion" section, and if it's not vaping related, we also have an "Off-Topic Discussions" section.
Generally speaking, you'll get a lot more answers if you post in the forum, rather than sending a private message to a staff member or moderator. None of us are all-knowing, and there have been times when I recieved a PM from someone asking questions about something I don't know, and my only option at that point is to post in one of the forums and ask before replying to the PM. So in general, the best way to get a good answer is to make a forum post rather than PM-ing someone.
But if you need something that only a mod can handle, for example if you notice someone abusing the forum or spamming, you have two options. You can click the "Report" button at the bottom of the post, which will send a message to all the mods so that it can be taken care of quickly by whoever happens to be online. Or you can send a PM.
Remember, the mods are busy folks with lives outside this forum, so be considerate.
So here's a list of the mods and staff. I'm making this list up off the top of my head, so if you're a mod or staff member and I forget to mention you, just comment and I'll add your name to the list. Also let me know what your specialty is (if you have one) so I can put that beside your name.
- JohnnyMac - Co-Founder of TVF. This is the man to talk to if you're a vendor looking to advertise on the forum (be sure to check out our Vendor Rules). He also does awesome flashlight reviews and mods on our sister site, The Flashlight Forum.
- Spasmod - Co-Founder of TVF. He's in charge of making the forum look awesome, and really is a jack-of-all-trades who does a little bit (or a lot) of everything around here.
- Don - Senior Staff. Don is our resident battery expert who likes to lecture on cell safety. Also a flashlight junkie.
- Whiskey - Super Moderator, Senior Staff.
- Pulsar - Super Moderator
- 18sixfifty - Super Moderator. Another flashlight modding enthusiast.
- BOB - Super Moderator. He sometimes makes beautiful custom pipe mods.
- Robjenko - Super Roberator. He's very involved in Vaping Advocacy.
- TinWhisker - Super Moderator
- Michael - Social Media Manager. That's me!!! I'm in charge of the Twitter and Facebook for TVF. I also know a little bit about a lot of vaping things, though I'm not an expert in any particular area. I also dabble in flashlight modding from time to time.
- gentlydoingit* - FreeCycle Manager. This guy is the coil expert, if you want to see some of his work just check out the "How do you dip yer wick?" thread and prepare to be amazed.
I think that's everyone! Like I mentioned before, if you're new here and have questions, the best way to do that is to just post in the "New Members" forum. There's also a "search" button at the top of the page where you can search for keywords in case somebody else has asked a similar question before. Have fun, and vape on!