Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Experienced Advice Sought
Galaxyrider Offline
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 265
Experienced Advice Sought
Ive found a chemical supplier, and I have the basic know how, I need someone that is an experienced mixer to give me those tips that I will need, or may not be aware of to get stared making my own e-juice. Please email me, or send me a PM to get started. Im in the US so a US resident might be the better choice.
Thanks in advance!

Onward.. through the Fog!
[Image: quit-smoking-banner.php?key=16216]
24-05-2014 12:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Galaxyrider's post:
vapejuiceuk (04-29-2016)
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
RE: Experienced Advice Sought
I wish you much success, GR! I make my own juice but it's zero nic and very simple to make. I would be useless with nic ratios and calculations which I assume is the part you need help with.

I can say that after mixing, place your small bottle if juice into a mug of boiling water to heat it up. Give it a good shake once the juice is hot and it'll be ready to cape right away. It's the best way to speed steep.
24-05-2014 01:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes JohnnyMac's post:
vapejuiceuk (04-29-2016)
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,544
The calculations are easy enough. I find it easiest to work out the total nicotine and take it from there. But then I always was a dreadful math teacher.

Let's say you want to make some high VG juice at 12mg/ml nicotine. So what do we have. Let's say our nicotine concentrate is 72mg/ml (This is the strongest I can buy in the UK without a poisons licence). You can get the nicotine in either PG or VG. Personally I prefer VG though it is thick and harder to handle. PG is runnier and much easier to handle. It very much depends what your throat can take and is a matter of personal taste how much VG you prefer to have. I prefer not to use aqueous VG (Usually with 10% distilled water to thin it. That means steam in the vapour which I find unpleasant.

So we have flavourings
VG
PG
and Nicotine to go in.

Let's say we want 100ml of 12mg liquid which is 50%VG.

That means we need 12x100mg of nicotine = 1200mg. Our concentrate is 72mg/ml so we need 1200/72ml of the concentrate which is 16.67ml. Call it somewhere between 16.5 and 16.75ml which will be accurate enough for our purposes. 

Now we want 20% flavouring. It will usually be in the range 10%-20% depending on taste. The flavourings are almost always in PG so we'll count that as 20%PG. So to make 100ml we need 20ml of flavourings.

With these poured together we now have 36.67ml of liquid which is 20ml of PG and 16.67ml of VG. So if we add 3.33 (Call it 3.5)ml of VG we have 40ml of 50%VG liquid. Now we dilute this to 100ml with 30ml of PG and 30ml of VG.

I use Luer Lock syringes and very wide bore needles to measure out the VG - the stuff is very thick and sticky.

Depending on the flavouring mix, the liquid may need some time to steep while the flavours blend and give the best result.

I hope this makes it clear. If not, I'll tty again.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
24-05-2014 01:24 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Don's post:
Galaxyrider (06-01-2014), JohnnyMac (05-24-2014), vapejuiceuk (04-29-2016)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,351
Before I started mixing this is the video I watched that made it all make sense.

One you've watched this you'll know exactly what to do

I use this calculator, it's much easier to use than the one in Todd's video http://ejuice.breaktru.com/

Hopefully that'll help you out - it worked for me Good
24-05-2014 01:34 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Spasmod's post:
JohnnyMac (05-24-2014), vapejuiceuk (04-29-2016)
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
The planet of the vapes calculator is increadibly slick and available on android. It gives you these results.

Tirimisu
To make 30.0mls @ 6.0mg Nicotine(Mls)
Base Nicotine - 2.5
PG : - 8.0
VG : - 15.0
Nanny Bakes Tirimisu - 3.0
Nanny Bakes White Chocolate - 1.5
Total Flavouring - 4.5
Expected PG:VG Ratio - 50:50
Actual PG:VG Ratio - 50:50

All you do is tell it what your nicotine base is (pg vg and strength) tell it if your flavourings are pg or vg based (most I've used are pg) tell it the amount of liquid you want to make, target nic strength, percentage of flavourings, hit calculate and it tells you what to measure out in drops or ml's.

I use two oral syringes, one 5ml and one 3ml, and measuring cylinders for big mixes. Thats my current tirimisu success recipe, its gorgeous if you have a sweet tooth.

Also. Most fruit mixes and menthols can be vaped right off the mixing bench, creams, caramels and custards need a good few weeks steeping, both in the dark, regularly squeezing the air out of the bottle and in day light (be careful with this but I find once you suss it out it really smoothes out harsher flavours).

It takes perseverance and patience, you wont be making bobba's bounty and grants vanilla custard right away.

The potv calculator is nice though as you can save all your recipes, adjust and save in the calculator and copy to clip board for posting on line (great for saving your recipes from a phone failure disaster).

I'll post up all my recipes later, its probably a good idea to save them all as we've had two phones and a galaxy pad written off this week, thanks to a destructive toddler and clumsy mrs gords.
24-05-2014 04:00 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like gords1001's post:
Galaxyrider (06-01-2014), Spasmod (06-16-2014), vapejuiceuk (04-29-2016)
Galaxyrider Offline
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 265
(24-05-2014 01:07 PM)JohnnyMac Wrote:  I wish you much success, GR! I make my own juice but it's zero nic and very simple to make. I would be useless with nic ratios and calculations which I assume is the part you need help with.

I can say that after mixing, place your small bottle if juice into a mug of boiling water to heat it up. Give it a good shake once the juice is hot and it'll be ready to cape right away. It's the best way to speed steep.
I would assume that once everything else is in place, it would only be a matter of mixing in the nicotine.. right? Could I persuade you to share a few recipes?

Onward.. through the Fog!
[Image: quit-smoking-banner.php?key=16216]
16-06-2014 12:13 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Galaxyrider's post:
vapejuiceuk (04-29-2016)