Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evic VTC mini + Aromamizer RDTA - Harsh taste
njoytheclash Offline

Likes Given: 0
RE: Evic VTC mini + Aromamizer RDTA - Harsh taste
Thanks for the loads of feedback guys!

I'll try it again with the kanthal wire today and check it out. The real challenge is finding those 70/30-80/20 juices. Here in the area where I live high VG juices are hard to find. I'm also gonna try to keep the juice low on nicotine as it might also be causing the burning sensation?

Jaded, I'll try more wattage and less cotton in the wicks, might even try hogwildeffj's build (with just 24ag dual).

What amount of nicotine are you all using?
16-12-2015 11:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
hogwildeffj Offline

(16-12-2015 11:54 AM)njoytheclash Wrote:  Thanks for the loads of feedback guys!

I'll try it again with the kanthal wire today and check it out. The real challenge is finding those 70/30-80/20 juices. Here in the area where I live high VG juices are hard to find. I'm also gonna try to keep the juice low on nicotine as it might also be causing the burning sensation?

Jaded, I'll try more wattage and less cotton in the wicks, might even try hogwildeffj's build (with just 24ag dual).

What amount of nicotine are you all using?
First i will mention, i rarely buy juice at any shops, with the array of juices chances of me finding a shop that has my juice is rare.Your cheating yourself if you don't order your juices on the web, literally thousands of juice company's and usually cheaper than shops. But i will say i do support my local shops, i just dont buy my juice there. As far as the build in these, you can do so much, but when it comes to wicking these tanks. it is trial and air, whatever works for you, i found i use more cotton, that well is pretty good size and found at first  i didnt have enough wick in the tank to keep up with the juice in the deep well, therefore it coming out the air holes, but i love shit like that, trial and air, so now when i cut my wick my edge of scissors is with outside ridge, fluff out with toothpicks, i love using toothpicks for fluffing, i will post a pic later today and show you the cut and i call it the FLUFF AND TUCK!,LOL. I agree with Jaded, More Watts
16-12-2015 03:54 PM
madecov Offline

Likes Given: 2
I run the aromamizer on a DNA200
Vertical spaced coils are definitely the way to go. get your coils more vertical. Also spaced tight wraps are better. almost an imperceptible gap between them. I run mine with MAX VG at 75 watts, 500 degrees about .12 ohm titanium dual coil. I only use 2 air flow holes and it's smooth as a babies bottom. 

[Image: 1379125800_10_1_USD_5_dark.png]
16-12-2015 06:57 PM
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,081
Everyone has their own approach.Right now I have dual vertical alien coils ohming out at .09 - yes that is correct. I do not over wick and I keep the wicks fluffy when I initially wick. I vape this at 60 watts on my snow wolf 200. I could go as high as 100 if I wanted to with no harsh hits. I find the aromamizer the most forgiving RTA I own. It seems no matter how I wick or build I am not getting dry hits or leaking. I generally ignore advice on how to build RTAs. So certainly ignore this if you like. But an aromamizer supports very very low builds with ease. Your only problem will be juice consumption. I lowered my wattage more to conserve juice and battery than for taste. Sixty watts has been good for flavor and every once in awhile I bump it up for a boost.  

I'm am not sure why your aromamizer is not keeping up. The juice flow on this RTA is superb overall. When I refill my wick is always soaked right through. And I use heavy VG juices. That harsh taste - maybe clean out your RTA thouroughly and try a different juice?

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
16-12-2015 07:20 PM
hogwildeffj Offline

Did you clean your rta, it could be machine oil
16-12-2015 07:30 PM
hogwildeffj Offline

My vertical build in my Aromamizer, reading at .60 ohms, vaping at 31 watts, 4.52 volt, The taste and clouds are phenomenal! Nice little easy build for low wattage devices            
16-12-2015 09:54 PM