Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evic VT 60 problems FOUND
Vapetrucker79 Offline

Likes Given: 5
Evic VT 60 problems FOUND
I found a issue with the Evic VT 60. It has to do with TC mode and it slipping into temp protection too fast. Mine has the same issue soon as I started using the TC mode. Some think it's a tank issue some think it's a coil issue... I done the research and tested myself ... The issue is the mod itself .. Try it yourself.. Take a room temp coil. Nickle for example . first thing if the Ohms is unlocked and reset by holding the fire button with no tank when you screw it on it should ask if its a new coil. 9 out of 10 times it will NOT no big issue if its a room temp new coil and it registered the coil raging. Lock it in.. The main issue is the initial temp itself .. Here is the test.. Room temp, Ohms locked in. Hit the fire button once and see what the temp changes too.. At room temp it should read about 70* F ... Most of the time it will read about 150-190* or higher F.. That means the mod thinks the coil is already getting hot before you ever vape on it. So if your desired temp is 400* F and you fire the coil it shows 200* F (just tap the button) then the mod thinks you are already 1/2 way to your max setting! Another small issue is I found mine will not connect to any computer to update the software if that might be the issue. Love the mod, hate that it is having issues already so I'm guessing I'll have to send it in for repairs and wait weeks for it to come back when I only had it going on 1 week now as of 11/12 and only used on TC for one day . good luck to anyone else with this mod
13-11-2015 03:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Vapetrucker79's post:
Almost Jaded (11-13-2015), Spasmod (11-13-2015)
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,295
RE: Evic VT 60 problems FOUND
Ah.  This is exactly what the one I was playing with did, and why I trash talk the TC function of this unit.

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
13-11-2015 06:46 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Almost Jaded's post:
Chum (11-27-2015), Vapetrucker79 (11-13-2015)
Vapetrucker79 Offline

Likes Given: 5
It really is hit or miss when it happens. Since I can't connect it to any computer I can't update the software to see if that might be the issue. 
13-11-2015 01:40 PM
hogwildeffj Offline

Likes Given: 0
(13-11-2015 01:40 PM)Vapetrucker79 Wrote:  It really is hit or miss when it happens. Since I can't connect it to any computer I can't update the software to see if that might be the issue. 
Same prob here with mine, then i took chance and still bought the new 75watt, that works as it should, so i think they corrected the prob
08-12-2015 11:23 PM