Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Eleaf's 30W vs TC60W
foomex Offline

Likes Given: 0
Eleaf's 30W vs TC60W
Hello everyone!
I have a lot of questions but I'll just ask one and hope there's a clear answer because I've learnt that most answers are variable when it comes to vaping.

I've been using an Eleaf iStick 30W for about 6 months and I like it, I recently won a brand new Eleaf iStick TC60W and with that, came A LOT of questions, Temperature control + Voltage control + Coil options are a headache for a basic user like me.

Actually, I was sort of disappointed with the gift, because of the size, I'm very happy with the 30W, so I thought of selling or regifting the new TC60W.

[Cut to the chase right here]
HOWEVER, I did read that when using Temperature Control with niquel coils on the TC60W, there's less consumption of e-liquid. And for that, I'd gladly sacrifice the size!!

Is there a user that can validate this? I'm consuming about a 30ml bottle a week (two 2.5ml refills per day).
Which is a lot more than when I was vaping with my Kangertech Evod2, when a 30ml bottle lasted me almost a month (I only vaped 2ml per day!)

Also, with the new included Melo2 atomizer there's a 4.5ml capacity!!! I'm scared to end up having to refill that one!
-----------------

Actually I'm getting scared with the whole industry, there are so many options. It's all so complicated. And not getting cheaper, as the coils for the TC60W prices are doubled, when compared to the 30W. 

ANY feedback on this will be appreciated, I know it's a question with no definite answer, but I'm open to opinions as long as they are respectful, don't bash the newb!
12-10-2015 05:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
JEFF Offline

Likes Given: 732
RE: Eleaf's 30W vs TC60W
(12-10-2015 05:53 AM)foomex Wrote:  I've been using an Eleaf iStick 30W for about 6 months and I like it, I recently won a brand new Eleaf iStick TC60W and with that, came A LOT of questions, Temperature control + Voltage control + Coil options are a headache for a basic user like me.

Hello and Welcome to TVF! I personally can not answer your question, but we have a lot of members who can. Although I will have to agree with your comment and think you may have answered your own question. You like the Eleaf iStick 30W.
12-10-2015 06:01 AM
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,203
There is less consumption if you vape at lower temperatures and wattage. I consume a lot of juice on my Sigelei 75w on temp control and eat through batteries. The Istick 30w - which I use occasionally - with a .5 coil at 30 watts is much easier on battery life and consumption.

Now you don't have to vape at 425F and 45 watts. You cvan use that TC 60w in power mode just like your Istick 30w and just enjoy a better battery.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
13-10-2015 03:18 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like paulS's post:
Almost Jaded (10-13-2015), ecignut (10-13-2015)
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 19,897
I have 2 Istick 30W and use them for my full size Nautilus - they fit perfectly on the splayed top plate. I also have the 40W TC Istick which is great in all modes not just TC. The 60W will be the same and the battery will last longer. I use the 40W with a Triton using the TC .15 coil and it is great at around 500F. I use it in VW mode at 27W with the Triton .4 coil. You will be able to use it also with the Triton .3 ohm coil which the 40W cannot do. Enjoy the power it will run most tanks very well.
13-10-2015 06:23 PM