Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Eleaf Istick Pico with Melo 3 and .25ω Coil - Problems moving up in wattage
3N1GM4 Offline

Likes Given: 0
Eleaf Istick Pico with Melo 3 and .25ω Coil - Problems moving up in wattage
I recently purchase the all black eLead iStick Pico with the black Melo 3 tank (like this) and so far have found it pretty good, despite a couple of leaking issues which i think were probably me accidentally refilling with the airflow open (lesson learned!).

However, I've been vaping it at 40W with the pre-installed .25Ω coil because I find if I push the wattage much higher (certainly if I go above 50W), the vape becomes a bit burnt-tasting and less flavourful. Reading around, my understanding is that higher wattages should lead to more flavour, not less and obviously starting to get a burnt taste is never good!

I don't think the coil is dying yet (I've only been using it for about a week) and I will try the other supplied coil (a .5Ω version I believe), so I'm wondering if my expectations are just off - should I be able to move up in wattage with this setup and expect good performance? Is it possible I just have a bad coil (it vapes just fine at 40W) and what alternative coils should I consider if not just more of the same ones which came with the unit?

Appreciate any advice or suggestions, thanks in advance!
27-07-2017 09:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Chuck-Drl Offline
Resident Wiseguy
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 4,648
RE: Eleaf Istick Pico with Melo 3 and .25ω Coil - Problems moving up in wattage
The better flavor will come below 30w for the most part . Sweet juices tend to gunk coils faster , whith premade coil units a week to 10 days is ball park generally flavor goes to pot befor the coil breaks .

Dogs have owners , Cats have staff .
27-07-2017 11:47 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chuck-Drl's post:
Raymcconn (07-27-2017)
Raymcconn Offline

Likes Given: 356
It could just be the juice not liking the higher wattage also.
I was vaping between 42 and 48 watts when using the premade coils.
They did only last a week, if I was able to get a full 7 days I was happy. You have many coil options for that tank if it is like the mello 2. I found the super mini tank coils worked the best for me, I was still in the 42 watt range though. Play around with different coils until you find one that works for you.
27-07-2017 12:45 PM
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 21,072
3N, I haven't used the Melo 3 tank for any extended period of time but suspect that if it's anything like any of the Nautilus tanks I have used, you can lower the wattage to 15w-20W with the airflow barely open and you'll get really good flavour and no burnt taste. Some ejuice is great at high wattage while others are best as a warm vape.
27-07-2017 10:19 PM