Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Either the target mini, ipv d2, istick 50w, istick 40w TC or istick pico? Which one?
Huff Offline

Likes Given: 0
Either the target mini, ipv d2, istick 50w, istick 40w TC or istick pico? Which one?
Ok so I recently got a target mini kit and I loved it, but the same day I got it I went to plug it in to charge and it pooped on itself it wouldn't charge and now it's so dead it doesn't turn on. So I've looked around for different mods and I've got a list, but I don't know if I should go with the target mini again. My buddy got his target mini the same day I did and his is working like a charm. So here's the list either the target mini, ipv d2, istick 50w, istick 40w TC or istick pico? Which one?
13-12-2016 04:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Don29palms Offline

Likes Given: 46
RE: Either the target mini, ipv d2, istick 50w, istick 40w TC or istick pico? Which one?
Personally I would never buy anything with a built in battery
13-12-2016 04:44 AM
bibliora Offline
Person of Interest
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 3,001
RE: Either the target mini, ipv d2, istick 50w, istick 40w TC or istick pico? Which one?
Agreed DonP, external batteries are the way to go. I loved my iStick Pico. Just the mod however since the Melo III doesn't get the best feed back, leaks have been reported, and it only holds 2ml of juice. You can get a better tank such as the Cleito and the Crown. Or, if you didn't return the Target, which I hope you did, you can use the Guardian tank that came with the kit. You would have to get batteries and a charger of course.

Need to ask if you vape MTL (Mouth to Lung). What resistance is the coil you were using? This style is the same style most cig smokers use, drawing the smoke into your mouth, then inhaling it into your lungs. If this is your style, you would need a tank that supports coils over 1.0 Ohm.

[Image: banner.png?p=15_4_2016_1.2_7__1__1_0_757575_c50707]

Bibliora aka Torrey Girl_wink
13-12-2016 05:46 AM
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 14,575
(13-12-2016 04:22 AM)Huff Wrote:  Ok so I recently got a target mini kit and I loved it, but the same day I got it I went to plug it in to charge and it pooped on itself it wouldn't charge and now it's so dead it doesn't turn on. So I've looked around for different mods and I've got a list, but I don't know if I should go with the target mini again. My buddy got his target mini the same day I did and his is working like a charm. So here's the list either the target mini, ipv d2, istick 50w, istick 40w TC or istick pico? Which one?
None of those - go for a Wismec - either the 40W Presa or the 75W Presa or even the RX 75W - all great reliable mods - and not expensive.
13-12-2016 01:15 PM
paulS Offline
mech boy who sometimes toodles
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,018
My wife does not like a strong vape. Both her favorite mods have internal batteries - Joytech Ego AIO and Icare Mini by Eleaf. She loves both and has had zero issues. She also has two Picos which she rather likes but not as much. Myself, my smaller mods are all DNA 40s which I find reliable, accurate and enjoyable with MTL RTAs.

There are no simple answers. I am not a fan of the D2 - D3 has step down and is better. And for a small mod the Evic mini is better too. I still own the OG Istick 40w and the internal battery still works two years later. Of course, i rarely use it these days as I'm spoiled with higher end mods but ... meh ... it was a workhorse.

There are too many good mods out now. The Laisimo SnowWolf mini is very nice too and 3000 MaH battery. That is a nice size. Bottom line is that we are spoiled for choice these days but quality on Chinese mods is always hit and miss. You just never know if you are getting a good one. So I try and stick to brands that have done well by me over the years.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
13-12-2016 04:24 PM
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 18,578
I have several eLeaf mods and no problems - my wife has a Target 75W for over 7 months and used daily with no issues... I would suggest anything with an external battery - we have had several where the usb micro adapter has fried but it can still be used with an 18650 battery....
13-12-2016 08:51 PM