Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ego one Mega Problems. Help!
jneves1986 Offline

Likes Given: 0
Ego one Mega Problems. Help!
I've been having nothing but problems with my ego one Mega tank/coil. I find the same problem with both the nickel and titanium coils in their proper Tc modes with the evic Vt. 

I'll start near the appropriate temp (mid 400s for the nickel coil), it'll hit good for a short while,  then stop. I'll turn the temp up a bit,  it'll hit well for a short bit,  then stop again. I'll keep doing this until it isn't hitting well at all. I find opening the tank (as if I were filling it with juice)  seems to help a bit but soon after the same problem happens. I'm wondering if this is something I'm doing? And yes I have the resistance locked. 
29-11-2015 03:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
madecov Offline

Likes Given: 2
RE: Ego one Mega Problems. Help!
Do you lock the base resistance when it's cold ?

[Image: 1379125800_10_1_USD_5_dark.png]
30-11-2015 03:51 PM
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 15,565
There appear to be lots of problems with this mod when using TC - I personally think TC has a long way to go before it will become the norm. On the other hand I have not had any problems when trying it on the Istick or the Wismec but it is no better than using power mode with ordinary coils - IMO[Image: undecided.gif]. It might just be me but I have found there is less vapour on TC than standard power.
30-11-2015 05:24 PM
stephi1673 Offline

Likes Given: 1
The batteries for those Evic kits are great. The tanks...I've gotten nothing but complaints on them. Those coils need a lot of work to run properly. I really dont feel they built or wicked them right from the start. Id honestly consider ditching it for a new subtank.
30-11-2015 08:02 PM
peter-k Offline

Likes Given: 47
(29-11-2015 03:16 AM)jneves1986 Wrote:  I've been having nothing but problems with my ego one Mega tank/coil. I find the same problem with both the nickel and titanium coils in their proper Tc modes with the evic Vt. 

I'll start near the appropriate temp (mid 400s for the nickel coil), it'll hit good for a short while,  then stop. I'll turn the temp up a bit,  it'll hit well for a short bit,  then stop again. I'll keep doing this until it isn't hitting well at all. I find opening the tank (as if I were filling it with juice)  seems to help a bit but soon after the same problem happens. I'm wondering if this is something I'm doing? And yes I have the resistance locked. 

Most of them are ok but several are reported to have exactly this issue. My own one is working perfect. The problem seems is either the 510 connector or the dynamic ohm feature they introduced (with good intention).

You can remove the tank, let the unit cool down and then relock the ohm value. That should help temporary. For a permament solution you may have to bring your unit back to your dealer. They probably know all about it by now.
01-12-2015 02:51 AM