Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ego backup
AllenG Offline

Likes Given: 0
Ego backup
Hey, sorry if this has been brought up before somewhere. I'm actually thinking about going BACK to an ego, just for a back up or "emergency" situation. Lol. Am I the only one? I Started with an ego from a tobacco shop around here and had pretty bad luck, switched to another off a hookah site I frequent, and was disappointed yet again. Soooo, my question here is, would it be more cost effective to pick one up from an actual vape shop, or is this whole idea just flat out ridiculous?
13-01-2015 02:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 10,940
RE: Ego backup
If they work for you, then go for it. They do work for many thousands of people.

Whatever keeps you away from burning tobacco.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
13-01-2015 03:26 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Don's post:
chefgaz85 (01-13-2015), Michael (01-14-2015)
AllenG Offline

Yeah makes sense. I'm just worried about wasting money I don't really have, but at the same time I'd like to grab one for a convenience factor. 
13-01-2015 04:38 PM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
I used to keep an eGo on hand all the time with a Kanger T3S on it, even though my main vape was a MVP 2 with a ProTank 2. I liked having multiple flavors in case I got sick of one, and the eGo fit better in my pocket for times when I was going to college or work. It worked very well, I'd say it's only a waste if you never use it, but if you're going to use it or keep it as a backup then it's definitely worth it in my opinion.
14-01-2015 03:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
AllenG Offline

That's a good point. Maybe I'll go pick one up. That or a spinner. Lol. 
14-01-2015 05:50 AM
WarHawk-AVG Offline

Likes Given: 22
Vape shops have big overheads sometimes, their markups are quite substantial

You can get inexpensive ones from China but you have to wait for weeks to get em...or you can pay a little higher markup for CONUS resellers (don't let em lie to ya, they ALL get their stuff from alibaba or DHGate wholesale)

Here are some expensive and some cheap rigs (just Google starter or blister packs)
https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/starter-kits.html

I happen to like my Kamry eCab V2, a ego sized rig that you can replace the battery and has 3 settings for voltage, I usually run 1.8Ω coils to ensure I get a warm enough vape out of it...but when the battery is drained, unscrew the bottom, pop in a fresh battery and keep on vaping instead of having to wait for an eGo to recharge.
14-01-2015 07:29 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes WarHawk-AVG's post:
18sixfifty (01-14-2015)
Nihilum Offline

If you are not satisfied with an Ego...using it as a backup will also be...disappointing.  In my experience, you need to find a REPUTABLE vape shop.  In my city we have 10 or more vape shops...I frequent one because of it's staff and reasonable prices.  Currently I use an IVP mini digital mod, but I'm notorious for killing the battery very fast.  I keep an Aspire CF-VV 1600 as my back up. It's reliable and with an Aspire Nautilus tank I get satisfying, flavorful clouds of vapor.
27-01-2015 11:14 PM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
That's a good point Nihilum, if you're not happy with it now you likely won't be any happier with it later. But as a backup, it's better than nothing and they're cheap enough. 
28-01-2015 01:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply