Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendors

Likes Given: 0
Ecigs on prescription?
Speculation or any truth in this story?

http://www.theguardian.com/theobserver/2...cigarettes

Regards,

Mark

For more information on OK Electronic Cigarettes and the various products available please visit the OKCigs website.
(This post was last modified: 26-05-2014 03:45 PM by Mark Benson.)
26-05-2014 03:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
RE: Ecigs on prescription?
Well on the plus side the article was very nice for a change. Giving both sides a chance to speak their minds and very positive in general towards the advantages of e-cigs. I have to agree with the no-prescription thing though. The one person stating it's not an either-or that we can have both non-prescription and prescription is a bit naive in my opinion. How many drugs in your country are both I don't know, but in the US it's practically zero! I'm afraid that the second it become for prescription that will be it for over the counter sales. 

As for anything to it? That is really hard to say, it sounds like nothing more that speculation to me. More something to debate than an actual proposal. But then again debate is how proposals almost always start.

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?
26-05-2014 11:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like 18sixfifty's post:
Galaxyrider (06-02-2014), Spasmod (05-27-2014)
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
RE: Ecigs on prescription?
Its grossly miss leading in the way its written.

E cigs are regulated, they are subject to the same consumer safety laws as anything else, the problem is that trading standards doesn't have a clue.

There's not a decent vender out there that doesn't treat every item of their stock with a much higher level of suspicion than any regulatory body ever will.

There are however many venders who are not "decent".

The two people in that article both managed to trot out the same old badly researched tired crap about not knowing if juice is safe, they do the decent venders a serious discredit, and display exactly where their own interests lie, namely in the hands of their sponsors, thet also fail to grasp the attraction of the market for many vapers, I cannot think of one who would be interested in a medically approved item, like good food, vaping is enjoyed by more than just a craving for nicotine (clearly not as addictive as they claim), it satisfies the other senses too, not least the sense of pride in owning a quality piece of equipment that works well and looks good.
27-05-2014 07:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes gords1001's post:
Spasmod (05-27-2014)