Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Easy question from a noob
cavanzo Offline

Likes Given: 8
Easy question from a noob
Hello People, Newbie here. I just got a Kangertech Subbox Platinum and a Kangertech Subtank Mini to begin vaping.
I will vape primarily at the office and I would prefer to be as discrete as possible when doing it. 
Which would be the best settings (subbox platinum and subtank mini) and type of e-liquids to produce the least amount of noticeable vapor when exhaling??
Appreciate your help!! 
06-03-2016 07:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
RE: Easy question from a noob
To produce minimal vapor, you'll want a high resistance coil, used with high PG juice at low watts. I seem to recall hearing that the SubTank can use ProTank 3 coils, if so you might want to try a 1.8 ohm ProTank coil with 70PG/30VG juice at around 8-10W. 50/50 juice would be fine too. This kind of setup will need higher nicotine in the juice to give you the "head buzz" of a cigarette than you would need using SubTank coils. 
A trick for stealth vaping: after you take a off, hold your breath for a few seconds. This gives the vapor more time to dissipate in your lungs. Then exhale slowly through as small an opening in your lips as possible, kind of like whistling, this forces the vapor to dissipate quickly. You can hold your hand in front of your mouth as if you were coughing, which covers it up even more. 
Above all, don't get caught. It's bad for vaping's reputation, since many people already see vapers as rebellious and antagonistic. So if there's a way to vape without having to be stealthy, like if you can go to your car or a smoking area or even a bathroom stall, do that instead. 
06-03-2016 07:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
cavanzo (03-06-2016)
cavanzo Offline

Likes Given: 8
(06-03-2016 07:54 PM)Michael Wrote:  To produce minimal vapor, you'll want a high resistance coil, used with high PG juice at low watts. I seem to recall hearing that the SubTank can use ProTank 3 coils, if so you might want to try a 1.8 ohm ProTank coil with 70PG/30VG juice at around 8-10W. 50/50 juice would be fine too. This kind of setup will need higher nicotine in the juice to give you the "head buzz" of a cigarette than you would need using SubTank coils. 
A trick for stealth vaping: after you take a off, hold your breath for a few seconds. This gives the vapor more time to dissipate in your lungs. Then exhale slowly through as small an opening in your lips as possible, kind of like whistling, this forces the vapor to dissipate quickly. You can hold your hand in front of your mouth as if you were coughing, which covers it up even more. 
Above all, don't get caught. It's bad for vaping's reputation, since many people already see vapers as rebellious and antagonistic. So if there's a way to vape without having to be stealthy, like if you can go to your car or a smoking area or even a bathroom stall, do that instead. 
Thanks Michael! Solved all my questions
06-03-2016 07:58 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes cavanzo's post:
Michael (03-06-2016)
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,556
Hi and welcome cavanzo!

Good luck with the vaping.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
06-03-2016 08:12 PM
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

Likes Given: 29
(06-03-2016 07:24 PM)cavanzo Wrote:  Hello People, Newbie here. I just got a Kangertech Subbox Platinum and a Kangertech Subtank Mini to begin vaping.
I will vape primarily at the office and I would prefer to be as discrete as possible when doing it. 
Which would be the best settings (subbox platinum and subtank mini) and type of e-liquids to produce the least amount of noticeable vapor when exhaling??
Appreciate your help!! 

I used a cheap EGO Battery and clearmizer with a purchased 18Mg Nicotine, 30PG 70VG with a 2.4 ohm coil, tobacco flavor. Vape is not noticeable after a few seconds.

To duplicate that on my Kanger mini, I used a home made 2.4 ohm coil, with home made 30PG 70VG 18Mg Nicotine at 8W, Home made RY4 mix..

But from there it has to be good, and depending on how long you quit smoking (if you did) would mean you need to adjust the Nicotine strength. Perhaps 12Mg to start? also the throat hit must be there, else you might as well not use it :0 so you need to adjust the PG/VG to your likeness
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2016 09:45 PM by KingJohn.)
06-03-2016 09:44 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes KingJohn's post:
cavanzo (03-06-2016)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,351
Welcome aboard cavanzo Drinks
07-03-2016 11:46 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spasmod's post:
cavanzo (03-07-2016)
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,303
Michael nailed it - high resistance coils at low power, and higher nic juice.  I would recommend 60/40 juice or even 50/50 - VG makes more cloud than PG.  And the big tip is holding it in your lungs; even with 80/20 juice and 90 watts, if I hold it long enough I hardly blow any cloud at all!

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
07-03-2016 07:59 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Almost Jaded's post:
cavanzo (03-08-2016), Michael (03-07-2016)