Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
E-juice/ecigs health
DEATHquidox Offline

Likes Given: 0
E-juice/ecigs health
Okay so can someone show me an article or something showing what's "bad" about smoking ecigs and the good. I dont mine, catch is its gotta be 100% legit or even if people have some of their own stories that theycan share like ex: ive been smoking ecigs for 10 years and its started helping blah blah or its hurt ect ect or what's in e-juice and what to stay away from
21-11-2015 11:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
PoleCat Offline
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 9
RE: E-juice/ecigs health
GoodI have a quick story for u.

I have COPD (Chronic Bronchitis). I have spasms in my lungs that manifest as horrible coughing fits. I quit smoking about 8 years ago because of my COPD. I started vaping in May of this year.

In May, almost immediately, I noticed that my coughing was somewhat less severe - lasting less long and not coughing as hard. Since then the lessening trend has continued. Currently (7 months later), I still have a coughing fit about once per day... for a minute or so. but I can now talk without being interrupted by coughing. I don't have a pocket full of cough drops anymore, I can climb stairs and work without worrying about the coughing.

I spoke to my Doc about all this.... His opinion is that the process of vaping (deep inhale, pause, relaxing exhale) is doing me a world of good. He doesn't have any opinion about vaping or juice contents or anything... but he told me to keep it up!

I plan to follow his instructions. Good
(This post was last modified: 22-11-2015 12:29 AM by PoleCat.)
22-11-2015 12:28 AM
DEATHquidox Offline

(22-11-2015 12:28 AM)PoleCat Wrote:  GoodI have a quick story for u.

I have COPD (Chronic Bronchitis).  I have spasms in my lungs that manifest as horrible coughing fits.   I quit smoking about 8 years ago because of my COPD.  I started vaping in May of this year.

In May, almost immediately, I noticed that my coughing was somewhat less severe - lasting less long and not coughing as hard.  Since then the lessening trend has continued.  Currently (7 months later), I still have a coughing fit about once per day... for a minute or so.  but I can now talk without being interrupted by coughing.  I don't have a pocket full of cough drops anymore, I can climb stairs and work without worrying about the coughing.    

I spoke to my Doc about all this.... His opinion is that the process of vaping (deep inhale, pause, relaxing exhale) is doing me a world of good.   He doesn't have any opinion about vaping or juice contents or anything... but he told me to keep it up!

I plan to follow his instructions.   Good

Awesome! Thats amazing. I just cant find anything on the internet about if it's "bad" because they dont know but all I've seen is the "ecig explodes in persons face" like that's even realistic like really no battery explodes in peoples face lol. Anyways and Ive seen "its got nicotine in it so it will make it affective" crap but u can get it in 0mg of nicotine so that's bs. Im just curious. Cause the 90% ingredient is [font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]polyethylene glycol which its in meds to help you poop basically. Adds moisture to ur poop tube but in this case its what creates the water vapor. Anyways thanks for the info.[/font]
22-11-2015 12:34 AM
PoleCat Offline
FreeCycle

Certainly, you can find both VG and PG in foods and medicines. Nicotine, while addictive, is being found to be less harmful than previously believed. It turns our that it's the thousands of other chemicals and compounds in cigarettes that's causing all the harm.

Definitely keep looking. There are more than a few experts here on TVF. I'm sure there is some real data available to show the scientific research and results.
22-11-2015 12:58 AM
DEATHquidox Offline

(22-11-2015 12:58 AM)PoleCat Wrote:  Certainly, you can find both VG and PG in foods and medicines.  Nicotine, while addictive, is being found to be less harmful than previously believed.  It turns our that it's the thousands of other chemicals and compounds in cigarettes that's causing all the harm.

Definitely keep looking.  There are more than a few experts here on TVF.  I'm sure there is some real data available to show the scientific research and results.
Yeah ive been all over the contents in it and everything. The glycol stuff is in inhalers and stuff so its safe to inhale. 

Nicotine isn't bad. Its really actually good. It is addective because it calms ur nerves and stuch I dont really mess with it a lot I never have smoked before. And won't. But I like the flavorings that vaping has to offer and smoke tricks. So that being said I dont 99% of the time because I have anathema. So anyway thankyou 
22-11-2015 01:13 AM
PoleCat Offline
FreeCycle

I should probably mention that I use 0 nic almost exclusively... I do have a couple flavors that contain 6mg nic, because it has a different throat hit and I like it. of 14 flavors, 2 have nic.
22-11-2015 01:26 AM
DEATHquidox Offline

(22-11-2015 01:26 AM)PoleCat Wrote:  I should probably mention that I use 0 nic almost exclusively...  I do have a couple flavors that contain 6mg nic, because it has a different throat hit and I like it.  of 14 flavors, 2 have nic.
What flavors would you recommend?
22-11-2015 01:41 AM
PoleCat Offline
FreeCycle

I'm into Vanilla Custard and mixed Melons... But I really enjoy Strawberries and Creme. I did tiger loops for a while and loved it. Cotton Candy was a huge hit.

I really like a new one from dirt cheap e-juice called Arnie (like an Arnold Palmer drink) so good, it's kinda taken over.
22-11-2015 01:59 AM
DEATHquidox Offline

(22-11-2015 01:59 AM)PoleCat Wrote:  I'm into Vanilla Custard and mixed Melons... But I really enjoy Strawberries and Creme.   I did tiger loops for a while and loved it.   Cotton Candy was a huge hit.

I really like a new one from dirt cheap e-juice called Arnie (like an Arnold Palmer drink) so good, it's kinda taken over.

That sounds good. Im kinda intrested in making my own and finding flavors to use but I dont have the stuff or the patience for all that but what's some really good brands to order from or get from a smoke shop?
22-11-2015 04:07 AM
PoleCat Offline
FreeCycle

I just found a short conversation that you should take a look at.

Check out Michael's comments in the "common myths" thread, very enlightening.

Sorry I don't know how to do a link to the topic.
22-11-2015 10:09 AM