Poll: Do you intend to quit e-cigs some day?
This poll is closed.
Yes 100.00% 1 100.00%
NO Way! 0% 0 0%
Maybe 0% 0 0%
Total 1 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
E-cigs & quitting
Don Online
Pod and Squonk Club founder :)
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 14,546
RE: E-cigs & quitting
(11-09-2016 09:30 PM)InvivoPpl Wrote:  Are we really disputing that smoking and vaping are an addiction?
I'm not saying its a bad addiction or a good one. I'm just acknowledging that when I smoked 20 cigs a day I had no desire to smoke the 20th cigarette, I really wanted to cut down, but on average I could never do it. I enjoyed the first one in the morning but thats mostly because I was so desperate for it. Likewise with vaping. I started by vaping all day, I slowly cut down. It was easier, but each vape I enjoyed (more enjoyable because it was less deadly) was needed - because i needed to feed the nicotine addiction. 

Plenty of people are addicted to coffee too. It doesn't kill them - but its not great if you can't focus until you pour a tone of brown liquid down your throat. 

Surely we can all agree, vaping is an addiction? a very happy one! Smile

Absolutely not!

I work with real addicts.

For full disclosure, it is well known to be harder to quit lit tobacco than heroin (or alcohol).

But that has nothing to do with addiction. And a whole heap to do with habit.

When you have reinforced the hand to mouth habit millions of times - that is going to be a hard habit to break.

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com
11-09-2016 09:49 PM
Find all posts by this user
InvivoPpl Offline

Likes Given: 0
(11-09-2016 09:45 PM)BOB Wrote:  hi and welcome to TVF
could I ask why you joined a vaping forum since you have quit  vaping Huh

Good Question Bob. I'm researching e-cig use with students at a London University. We will soon be setting up a pre-trial focus group to apply for trial funding. At the moment we're just looking for vapers who want to quit, and particularly anyone interested in joining a trial. I'm joining forums like this one to engage with vapers and smokers alike. 

Our primary goal is to help people switch to vaping, but we're interested in quitting in the longrun. We know most people vape in order to quit smoking, and we're interested in finding out if a trend of quitting vaping successfully will encourage more people to switch to it (to quit the tobacco). 
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2016 10:31 PM by InvivoPpl.)
11-09-2016 10:09 PM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,986
Seems to me like a deliberate and fruitless attempt to demonize Nicotine for your own personal gain.

And I quote from your website:

Quote:InVivo Systems are working on technology that gets rid of nicotine addiction with minimal withdrawal symptoms. Current nicotine replacements, such as patches or gums, simply relieve symptoms temporarily. InVivo’s device improves the patient’s chances vastly through a unique approach to the problem.

Thread now closed
11-09-2016 10:48 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spasmod's post:
BOB (09-12-2016)
Thread Closed