Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Drip Tips
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

Likes Given: 29
Drip Tips
Im trying to find a cheap air adjustable drip tip, they all seam to say 510 compatible, but what has the battery thread size got to do with it.

They seam to be frightened to put the size of the tube on their pages.

Ive established the hole is 8.5mm and the unit does have a 510 thread Smile Even when I find some the price its silly, £15 sometimes for a bit of plastic, and ebay sellers don't know what they are selling, and clear searches for 8.5 dont bring anything up.

I dont think glass or metal would be good ? The present plastic one is fine, but want to get some air in at the top

So where are all these 8.5mm drip tip (mouthpiece) adjustable air flow? Teflon, Delrin?

I should be able to buy a bag full for £5 and drill holes in them myself Smile
11-02-2016 01:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Michael Offline
Oh, where have I gone off to...

Likes Given: 17,354
RE: Drip Tips
510 on a drip tip just means it's standard sized. I'm not sure why they call it 510, I assume it's for the same reason threads are called 510: because an early ecig model that used them was called a 510 so the brand name got applied to all ecigs that use the same connection type. I'm guessing it had the same size drip tip. But anyway, 510 drip tip just means it'll fit everything Smile 
I've not looked for drip tips with airflow, since two of my tanks came with them and I don't usually use them anyway so I've got more than I need. You can probably find them on fasttech.com, but be aware that their name is a misnomer, they are definitely not fast. My last order from them took nearly a month to arrive. But they have absolutely everything, and I'm sure you can find a drip tip with adjustable airflow on there. Or buy a TFV4 tank, they're awesome tanks that come with a drip tip like that. 

Edit: I found one, Here's a link.
11-02-2016 04:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

been on fastcom site before, think its shut down for Chinese new year. They list a top filling addon for my clearmizer tank much easier to fill. Well originally I was to buy the Triton 2 tank, all is fine with 6mg nicotine, anything higher and need more air in at the top

Im use to waiting.. just as long as fastcom is good, i dont mine the wait, no alipay, no paypal protection thats the trouble

ah, do use paypal
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2016 11:00 AM by KingJohn.)
11-02-2016 10:55 AM
Michael Offline

I wouldn't recommend going above 6mg in a Triton anyway. That's a pretty hefty tank made for blowing big clouds, and 6mg is pretty high for the amount of vapor it produces. I tried 12mg in a similar tank and ended up getting a huge headache after just a few puffs from having too much nicotine. 
Yeah FastTech is closed for CNY, they'll be open in a few days. They're estimating that their back orders will be shipped on the 15th, more likely it'll take a bit longer than that. I've never seen an order from them get shipped sooner than a week after placing my order, even without the holiday messing things up. 

Edit: you said you were originally going to get the Triton... What did you get instead? 
11-02-2016 01:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

Kenger subox mini kit (7-50W), and at last some things are arriving, even got some e liquid in my city cheap. 3 bottles of vaporking for £4.50 think its £3.99 + post online, but had to pay cash :- no card payments ??/ its good stuff though..

I bought a Triton RTA ready for the tank, but bought kanger on impulse in my city.
11-02-2016 04:46 PM
Michael Offline

Oh ok. Which coils are you using with your Kanger tank? The SubTank that comes with the Subox is a pretty strong tank, though not quite as powerful as the Triton. I still probably wouldn't recommend more than 6mg juice unless you're using the higher resistance coils. You'll probably have a better vape using 6mg without the airflow in the drip tip than you would using higher nic with the extra airflow. Of course this is just a suggestion, everyone vapes differently so what works for me might not work for you. 
11-02-2016 06:29 PM
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

Well Ive changed a lot this week, switching liquids and changing coils, but Ive settled down to a .5 ohm coil and 6ml tobacco at about 25W right now.

Today a load of £1 10ml bottles arrived, Coconut, Orange, Apple and 2 types of tobacco. Orange is horrid, did try some apple in a dripper I picked up a while ago, and didn't like that, so I think I will be sticking to tobacco flavor for now.

So all this messing about I cant really say for sure, but the other day I sucked on the drip tip with a gap allowing air in at the top, there was twice as much cloud, flavor about the same, perhaps a bit of a water type spray output but still good. So I thought I would get an air control and see how it goes.

Guy in the shop was trying to get me to buy a 30Ml bottle of 3Mg.. This is what everyone uses he said with box mods, he was just a grocer so new nothing really.

Well I know there are cloud chases, and 3mg at a high wattage would produce more clouds, but at the cost of the battery going flat quicker. My battery lasts all day and all night, about flat at 2:00am :-

Think it charges around 3/3.5 hours

Anyway, still not found any cheap drip tips unless they are made of aluminum, which I don't think I would like, there are glass tops on some, think they would be ok

Bottom air is usually fully open for direct to lung
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2016 01:45 AM by KingJohn.)
12-02-2016 01:43 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes KingJohn's post:
Michael (02-12-2016)
Michael Offline

Yeah 3mg nicotine is a bit low,  I use 3mg most of the time but that's because I'm a cloud chaser, I hardly ever use less than 50W, usually more like 75, so anything higher would be too much for me. I use 12mg in my Nautilus Mini, but that's a mouth-to-lung tank so it doesn't produce anywhere near as much vapor, it's my "stealth vape" for when I go to the movies or whatever Tongue

Drip tip material is all up to personal preference. I really like stainless steel or wooden tips, but some folks only use plastic. Metal tips heat up when you vape, which is fine if you like a warm vape. Wood tips don't conduct heat much at all, which is nice at high wattage since the vapor is really warm and a metal tip can get uncomfortably hot if you're using really high wattage. I don't like the feel of plastic tips, I've had quite a few and I always end up just using the metal ones or my wooden one. I think the wooden one is nice because it kind of has an organic feel, it almost feels like smoking a cigar or a wooden pipe. 

They also make drip tips that are a combination of materials, like delrin/steel. Those are nice because you can have the feel of a steel tip, but the delrin insulates it so it doesn't get as hot. But really, it's up to you which kind you want to use. 
12-02-2016 03:34 PM
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

Getting annoying now, best so far is ebay at £4 ($5.80) dont you think thats high for what it is?
12-02-2016 09:37 PM
Don Online
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 12,226
I do. But have paid more.

Wait till Fasttech reappears in March after the CNY holiday. Officially they are back to work on Monday but since China has been shut for 2 weeks everything takes a while to settle down.

I really like their jade drip tips though they break easily.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
12-02-2016 09:45 PM