Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you prefer ecigs that look like tobacco cigs?
Mark Benson Offline
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendors

Likes Given: 0
Do you prefer ecigs that look like tobacco cigs?
There is an ongoing debate within the ecig industry regarding ecigs and whether users prefer them to look and feel like a tobacco cigarette or whether customers are looking for something very different. Where do you stand on this one?

Regards,

Mark

For more information on OK Electronic Cigarettes and the various products available please visit the OKCigs website.
15-11-2013 01:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
RE: Do you prefer ecigs that look like tobacco cigs?
I wouldn't touch an ecig that looks like a tobacco cig. I like the steampunk look of proper mech mods and rebuildable atomisers. 

My ultimate set up would be a brass and oak dna20 box mod running a 32650 cell and 5ml bottom coil tank in stainless/pyrex with brass accents.

For out and about, this is pretty dammed close to perfect at the moment

[Image: 20131115_143458_zpsbf6f37d2.jpg]
15-11-2013 03:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 9,003
No I don't like them either, the whole stigma attached to cigarettes is the biggest hurdle for the Vaping community, in part due to Cigalikes creating that association.

Don't get me wrong, without them there would be no natural stepping stone from Smoking to Vaping and there are a lot of people who will only use Cigalikes. They're not for me though in any way and never will be.
15-11-2013 09:52 PM
madecov Offline

Likes Given: 2
I agree with both the above sentiments. If I wanted a cig I would smoke. Since I no longer want to smoke I don't want an e Cig that looks like a cigarette. I want to vape.

[Image: 1379125800_10_1_USD_5_dark.png]
16-11-2013 01:22 PM
GMphyco Offline

Likes Given: 2
In my opinion, people who are trying to quit smoking for the first time prefer ones that look like real cigs. (people who have smoked for 30-40+ years) Now me for one, love the vape pens that look nothing of real cigs. They have there own style which is awesome. Big_boss
23-04-2014 01:26 AM
Pulsar Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 987
If they could pack the punch of an 18650, and a 0.3 ohm coil, AND the runtime into a cig-a-like, I would be down with that... but since they cant... 

[Image: 1299139200_30_1_USD_7.50_dark.png]
23-04-2014 01:47 AM
malcop Offline

Likes Given: 0
I have mixed feelings about this, when I started vaping about five years ago like most new vapours I started with cigarette look alike's at first I thought wow but within four days I was looking for something else, then I found te Ego-T and have not looked back since.

Now I have a collection of various VV, VW and mechanical mods, but when the eRoll came out I fell in love with it, not because it reminded me of the days I used to smoke but because of the sheer convenience, and it became my main backup device, I was a Pipe smoker so maybe that is why I do not have such a strong feeling about look alike's as other do.

But would I solely use a cigarette look alike even if it performed like a champ? 

No way!! Loving my Mechanical Mods and Rebuildables to much for that Smile     

Thanks

malcop
23-04-2014 02:42 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes malcop's post:
Spasmod (04-23-2014)
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
I don't have much use for them but then like the others I have been at it a while. When the 510 came out I tried to get a few of my friends to stop cigs using them. It didn't take with any of them, they just were not enough to do the trick for most people. I think they are good as a way of getting people introduced to vaping but for most of them if they don't have something better to try they won't make it. That was my experience anyway. 

It was one of the reasons I started building and selling box mods, they packed a whole lot more punch and had better batteries that you could swap out, VV etc. 

I'm not opposed to cig-alikes as long as they are not gauging people like many of the early sites did and I think that a lot of people would never have found e-cigs without them. 

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?
23-04-2014 02:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like 18sixfifty's post:
Galaxyrider (06-01-2014), Spasmod (04-23-2014)
Galaxyrider Offline
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 265
Ive never had a look a like that was worth a hill of beans, and since I've officially cut tobacco out of my life, I think having the tank and battery look is more promotional to others to quit tobacco cigarettes. I think vaping has caught on in the UK much stronger than here in the states. I feel so much better after leaving tobacco, Im a big prophet for vaping.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO on cigarettes!

Onward.. through the Fog!
[Image: quit-smoking-banner.php?key=16216]
02-06-2014 12:00 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Galaxyrider's post:
Spasmod (06-02-2014)
tuftony352 Offline

Likes Given: 266
Do I prefer ecigs that look like tobacco cigs?

No, but I prefer e-juice that tastes like tobacco.

Careful... he's packing two i134 Terminators. Scare
19-08-2015 06:54 AM