Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Disgusted!!!
ADIE37 Offline
Squonk Club Member
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 280
RE: Disgusted!!!
I would tell you what to search for tin but can't post it up forum seems to block it sorry 
21-02-2016 11:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
TinWhisker Offline
Hello World
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 16,328
Judging by the replies here, I'm not surprised.
21-02-2016 11:05 PM
peter-k Offline

Likes Given: 47
It is here http://www.thailandvapers.com/threads/ri...post-98780 . Hear about the short time side effects to vaping.

Moderators, if you don't want that stuff here then please feel free removing.
22-02-2016 01:27 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes peter-k's post:
BOB (02-22-2016)
paulS Offline
mech boy who sometimes toodles
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,027
There can be side effects to vaping. I am prone to getting rashes under my nose at the corner of my mouth when using certain juices. Some juices upset my stomach. And of course we are prone to some dehydration - drink water. All that said it is way healthier than smoking. I don't see an issue discussing possible side effects - that is how we find ways around them. But rip trippers video was completely out of line. Of course his reviews are crap as well. Now I don't see anti-vapers getting any material from RP. First they are unlikely to watch his videos and second clearly he is a shill. The best thing is to boycott the SOB - just don't watch his videos and see how fast his sponsors drop him. I pretty much watch videos to see the unpackaging and the menus - I take everything with a grain of salt - as should everyone. These guys - even the honest ones - are just giving their opinions. I can bet that some of my opinions of certain devices will be different from yours. My taste in ejuice will be different from yours too.

No need to go on about rip trippers. We know he is a paid and bought man. He makes his living promoting a product. He is like the guys at the county fairs selling you the 'best' broom in the worlds the 'best' cooker you have ever used, etc. So sad.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
22-02-2016 03:29 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes paulS's post:
ADIE37 (02-22-2016)
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,295
All I know is, his recommended coil for the Aromamizer is dead wrong, and almost everyone that buys this thing uses it.  *facepalm*

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
22-02-2016 05:39 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Almost Jaded's post:
ADIE37 (02-22-2016), Michael (02-22-2016)
Michael Offline
Social Media Manager
Media Manager

Likes Given: 17,354
I still watch some of his old videos from time to time, he did a great job showing how to build complex coils and some of his older reviews were good in my opinion. Yeah his persona is annoying, and yeah he's sold out. I guess on some level I understand it, because almost everyone in almost every other industry has sold out too. So yeah, it bugs me that he's gone this way. But at the same time, I personally don't think it's worth it for the entire vaping world to shit all over him constantly. He's just one guy, and honestly I'm sick of hearing "dude, what a tool" everywhere I go. 

By the way, I'm not talking about you guys. Here we've been civil and it's all good, just a discussion. But the rest of the internet is crucifying him constantly and maybe he deserves it, but it's getting old. I can barely go on reddit without seeing people slamming him constantly, and really, is it affecting him at all? People are just ranting so much about him and how awful he is, and it's been going on for weeks, I just wish people would find someone else to hate on for a while. 

Again, I don't mean this to sound like I'm picking a fight or saying anything negative about you guys, I'm just commenting on what I've seen basically everywhere else. Everyone on here has been civil in presenting your own opinions, and for that I'm grateful. This forum is my sanctuary from the rest of the Internet Tongue
22-02-2016 06:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,121
This is the video that Rip removed.

22-02-2016 06:40 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spasmod's post:
Michael (02-22-2016)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,121
I understand what you're saying Michael but you got to admit - He dun goofed! especially using vaping as a scapegoat for promoting a clearly affiliated product.

It's not so much what he did it but the way he did it that has everyone ragging on him. At the end of the day though, if you can't take the heat.. stay out of the kitchen. There's other popular youtube personalities out there that receive far more hate than Rip does.

Another thing to consider is that we're fighting the very survival of vaping and people's tempers are on a razor thin wire right now. 
22-02-2016 06:54 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like Spasmod's post:
ADIE37 (02-22-2016), BOB (02-22-2016), Michael (02-22-2016), Whiskey (02-24-2016)
Michael Offline
Social Media Manager
Media Manager

Likes Given: 17,354
That's true, mate, vaping is in a precarious position right now, especially you folks in the EU with the TPD bullshit. I guess in my opinion, there are more important things to worry about than one guy selling out. It's true, that video is disgusting, but to me it's no more disgusting than any other ad for products that don't work, like overpriced make-up that's supposed to make you look younger, or diet ads that show ripped models and in fine print say "results not typical." It's just another scam, like all the others, and in my opinion, it's not something worth blowing up the Internet over. We should focus our efforts on fighting the TPD, not fighting some shitty YouTube reviewer. 

I see your point though, and it is problematic when someone so influential to the community stoops so low. 
22-02-2016 07:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
TinWhisker Offline
Hello World
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 16,328
I suspect he either greatly underestimated the community's reaction, or was vastly unaware of how popular he truly was. Lesson learned, I'd say.
22-02-2016 07:13 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes TinWhisker's post:
Michael (02-22-2016)