Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Demand Quality
Galaxyrider Offline
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 265
Demand Quality
I know you guys get tired of hearing me rant on and on about quality. but (no offense to you purists) I'm not about to spend $100+ on a battery tube, or an atty.
So.. I'll never have the whatever one gets from having an "Authentic". I have seen reviews where the "Authentic" was cited as being lesser then the clones. You all probably know the same 5 names that I'm always referring to when I mention makers of quality clones. Even they have their failures. Can we not.. As a community band together and demand they be more quality conscious? I'm sure you work every bit as hard as I do for my money, I have given 3 of my regular vendors the boot because they have little or no interest in assuming the role of being a purveyor of quality products. I will return a poorly made piece the first time with a full explanation of the discrepancy in hopes that they will make things right. If they do.. we're good, if not.. we're done. With the torrent of items coming into the market place, we can trim the fat.
OK.. thanks for listening.. will someone open the back door so I can toss this soap box back in the trash?

Onward.. through the Fog!
[Image: quit-smoking-banner.php?key=16216]
20-12-2014 02:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Galaxyrider's post:
Michael (12-21-2014)
BioHazardCustoms Offline

Likes Given: 4
RE: Demand Quality
I completely agree, GalaxyRider. I own a clone of a Nemesis and a clone of a FUHattan, both of which are of high quality manufacture. A friend of mine has an "Authentic" Stingray. His lock ring is constantly sticking, the entire thing heats up easily even on quality cells, and the 510 connection at the top is slightly big, making attys wobble in the socket. I have roughly $100 tied up in ALL of my larger vape stuff. He has $130 tied up in the one battery tube, but swears his is better because it is "Authentic".
I'd rather have a clone of quality manufacture, than an authentic piece of junk.
20-12-2014 04:11 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes BioHazardCustoms's post:
Galaxyrider (12-20-2014)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
I completely agree, there should be some sort of accountability for quality. The problem is, many shops don't take returns because of the nature of the product, much of it is sold as-is. And the other alternative is regulation by either the government or some governing body of vaping equipment manufacturers. It's a catch 22 from the way I see it. There's not much that each individual buyer can do, but we don't want too much regulation either. It would be great if the community as a whole banded together to create a vape quality overseeing committee of some kind, who could put a "quality seal of approval" on items that have been checked for quality, but that would take so much time and manpower that I don't see it happening any time soon.
I don't mean to sound pessimistic, I'm just presenting the problems as I see them. If you have any counter points, please by all means correct me. 

It would be great if all vape shops checked the products before buying them to resell. I know a couple of my local shops only carry things that the store owner has used himself to quality check. But I'm sure many places don't worry about that. 
(This post was last modified: 20-12-2014 06:50 PM by Michael.)
20-12-2014 06:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
Galaxyrider (12-20-2014)
Galaxyrider Offline
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 265
(20-12-2014 04:11 PM) BioHazardCustoms Wrote:  I completely agree, GalaxyRider. I own a clone of a Nemesis and a clone of a FUHattan, both of which are of high quality manufacture. A friend of mine has an "Authentic" Stingray. His lock ring is constantly sticking, the entire thing heats up easily even on quality cells, and the 510 connection at the top is slightly big, making attys wobble in the socket. I have roughly $100 tied up in ALL of my larger vape stuff. He has $130 tied up in the one battery tube, but swears his is better because it is "Authentic".
I'd rather have a clone of quality manufacture, than an authentic piece of junk.
Im not talking about regulation.. its more we as consumers can shape their world. I went to my suppliers, and asked them to tell me who made this or that, and sometimes they would tell me they didnt know who made it.. which is a lie.. when it came to them from whoever it came from.. it had a name on it. There are 2 people that I have used several times in the past, I told them flat that we were done. None of my friends here will order from them again, my son wont order from them, and that, amounts to over a thousand dollars. They may not miss 30-40-or 50 dollars, but a thousand dollars,in the last month. they will see that. the more people that do that, the more they will notice, trust me

(20-12-2014 06:46 PM)Michael Wrote:  I completely agree, there should be some sort of accountability for quality. The problem is, many shops don't take returns because of the nature of the product, much of it is sold as-is. And the other alternative is regulation by either the government or some governing body of vaping equipment manufacturers. It's a catch 22 from the way I see it. There's not much that each individual buyer can do, but we don't want too much regulation either. It would be great if the community as a whole banded together to create a vape quality overseeing committee of some kind, who could put a "quality seal of approval" on items that have been checked for quality, but that would take so much time and manpower that I don't see it happening any time soon.
I don't mean to sound pessimistic, I'm just presenting the problems as I see them. If you have any counter points, please by all means correct me. 

It would be great if all vape shops checked the products before buying them to resell. I know a couple of my local shops only carry things that the store owner has used himself to quality check. But I'm sure many places don't worry about that. 
(20-12-2014 04:11 PM)BioHazardCustoms Wrote:  I completely agree, GalaxyRider. I own a clone of a Nemesis and a clone of a FUHattan, both of which are of high quality manufacture. A friend of mine has an "Authentic" Stingray. His lock ring is constantly sticking, the entire thing heats up easily even on quality cells, and the 510 connection at the top is slightly big, making attys wobble in the socket. I have roughly $100 tied up in ALL of my larger vape stuff. He has $130 tied up in the one battery tube, but swears his is better because it is "Authentic".
Im not talking about regulation.. its more we as consumers can shape their world. I went to my suppliers, and asked them to tell me who made this or that, and sometimes they would tell me they didnt know who made it.. which is a lie.. when it came to them from whoever it came from.. it had a name on it. There are 2 people that I have used several times in the past, I told them flat that we were done. None of my friends here will order from them again, my son wont order from them, and that, amounts to over a thousand dollars. They may not miss 30-40-or 50 dollars, but a thousand dollars,in the last month. they will see that. the more people that do that, the more they will notice, trust me

We need to get a few of the more popular reviewers to get on this band wagon with us. I'm taking this message to other forums as well, maybe you guys can do the same thing.

Onward.. through the Fog!
[Image: quit-smoking-banner.php?key=16216]
(This post was last modified: 20-12-2014 07:57 PM by Galaxyrider.)
20-12-2014 07:55 PM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

That's a good idea. I've had problems with one of my local shops, and I don't want to just quit going there altogether because they have a lot of good stuff and I've become friends with some of the workers, since I've been going there for many months. But I've had more and more problems lately, perhaps because I've begun to learn what's good or not, for example I thought my Nemesis was the best thing ever when I first got it but now I realize it's a piece of shit I just didn't know any better. So I might stop going there, I don't know. 
21-12-2014 01:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 10,938
The ordinary consumer legislation still applies. In the UK, the requirement is that the device be, "Fit for purpose" Doubtless the US has similar consumer protection laws. Just because it's vaping it doesn't mean the law doesn't apply.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
21-12-2014 08:33 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Don's post:
BOB (12-25-2014), Michael (12-21-2014)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,193
It's quite a potentially complex situation but it essentially boils down to us (the community) to make the change happen. It's the sole reason why 'Trusted' reviewers are so important in driving the market and it's vendors in the right direction towards good quality control and safe manufacturing practices.

Please don't turn this thread into a discussion about affiliate linking because it would be flogging a dead skeleton by now, but it's the reason we have such a tight control on affiliate linking here on TVF, as it helps to weed out the legitimate reviewers from the shills. Shills do nothing constructive whatsoever for the industry.

Johnny and I are constantly being asked by our contacts in the industry how to go about choosing the right products that us 'Westerners' like, when it comes to clone products the only resource we can turn to for recommendation is our own experience and the work of the product reviewers we ourselves trust. The overall important thing to remember in all of this is that it really is the Vaping communities that drive the market right from it's core in just about every aspect of vaping.

So make your voices heard folks, the word gets out there and when people start to shun the poor quality products.. they will be forced to make a change if they want to continue to stay in business. Let me assure you here and now, for every poorly made clone on the market, there are 50 more Chinese companies, each one with a better product desperately trying to get their company name recognised within the western world.
21-12-2014 02:03 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spasmod's post:
Michael (12-21-2014)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

I love seeing this discussion happening, makes me think we might be closer to a solution than I originally thought. I'm a bit pessimistic by nature, but it's great seeing all of you trying to fix this Smile 
It's a big job, there are tons of atties, mods, batteries, etc that need weeded out, but as Spas alluded, reviewers help by showing which products are good or bad, and if we all as a whole decide to make informed decisions and buy only the good quality clones, perhaps they'll realize the low quality ones aren't worth making if no one buys them. Ideally, I'd love to see everyone talking about their equipment over on the mod and atty discussion boards. There's only so much that the trusted reviewers can do, so it's helpful for people like you and me to give our thoughts as well. 
That wasn't supposed to turn into a soap box. Lo siento. 
21-12-2014 03:56 PM