Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Coughing/Choking while Vaping
VapinVal Offline

Likes Given: 0
Coughing/Choking while Vaping
I fairly new to this.(tried it a few yrs ago but gave it up) I bought the tripl3 ego. I like it very much (when it's working well),but the majority of the time when I hit it I choke and cough so hard it's unbelievable. I have done several things- such as hitting it without pressing the button to make sure it's clear, letting it sit for a few minutes, rolling the juice around in it, also purchased clearomizer with wick and waiting and rolling it around to make sure wicks are fully saturated, and purchased juice with lower nicotine concentration. Other times I can get it to work fine and it is great. Can anyone tell me why this is happening and what I can do to prevent it? My abdominal muscles are actually strained from coughing so much!!
DON'T WANT TO GIVE UP!!!
Thanks!

I apologize... I believe I posted this under the wrong discussion link and it should've been under "General Discussion" or something similar. Please forgive my "newbie" mistake. I'd move it if I knew how, lol! I was just so eager to get help I got ahead of myself. Sorry!

Okay- clarification on terminology. I believe my tripl3 eGo came with a cartomizer (no wick) and then I bought 2 clearomizers (with wicks) made by VaporX. Just wanted to clarify that, but still got same results at times with all three... thx in advance for your patience with me!
(This post was last modified: 23-08-2014 03:42 AM by VapinVal.)
23-08-2014 03:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
WarHawk-AVG Offline

Likes Given: 22
RE: Coughing/Choking while Vaping
It takes getting used to, one you get used to the vapor, expect for a month or so your body expelling all the tar that is built up in your lungs.

Everyone coughs when they start vaping...remember how you coughed when you started smoking...yeah was so long ago I don't remember, but I guarantee you I coughed just as much I would bet

If you tighten the head down too tight on your ego batteries you can crush the rubber gasket and seal up the air vents, also back off the drip tip by 1/4 turn or so, gentle snug not cranked down so hard it takes a breaker bar to get loose Tongue

Called  a dry hit...those suuuuuuuck...loosen things up a bit, not too much so it leaks but has a little play in the threads on the bottom (should slightly wiggle) to prevent shorting the + center pin in the battery...fixable but sucks

[Image: empty.jpg]

Rough drawing of the inside of the top coil design...the rubber gasket at top, if you crush it down too hard it presses the wick down cutting off flow of juice, too loose and it will leak and gurgle, gently snug it down

What PG/VG ratio in your juice do you vape and what mg level of nicotine?
(This post was last modified: 25-08-2014 05:55 AM by WarHawk-AVG.)
25-08-2014 05:50 AM
TehSpaz Offline

Likes Given: 0
Everything Warhawk said is great info...also, make sure you're using high quality juices, AND SHAKE YOUR BOTTLES BEFORE FILLING YOUR TANK!!! If your tank sits for a few hours, give it a light shake before vaping as well.

At the same time, keep in mind that vaping IS a different sensation than smoking, take smooth, gentle hits. Don't do lung hits, do throat hits.
And, it's very common to get mouth sores with you first switch from analogs to vaping. The smoke in cigs is high alkaline (think about charcoal) so your saliva becomes more acidic as a smoker to compensate. When you switch to vaping, your saliva stays too acidic for awhile and has to re-adjust. Just wanted to warn ya ahead of time about that. You'll get cold sores, and if you're a heavy smoker, may even start to get heartburn for a bit.
25-08-2014 03:39 PM
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
Howdy and welcome aboard.

Generally speaking harsh hits are caused by a few things. Lack of air flow is one of them. Dry hits are another. Try a mouth hit as well. Bring the vapor into your mouth first and then inhale it.  Since you seem to be able to handle the juice sometimes and not at others it's probably not the juice. 

Make sure you keep your topper full and don't hit it too many times in a row. This will take care of dry hits. Also take war-hawks advice.

If none of this works then ask us some more questions.

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?
25-08-2014 11:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,986
Welcome to TVF Val! I hope you found some of the great advice above useful.

It can all be a little overwhelming at first but hopefully we can help you figure it out and keep you off the smokes. Good luck and please ask away if you need further help or advice Good
26-08-2014 12:26 PM