Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cotton Wick and Coil life
Robjenko Offline
Squonk and toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 1,940
Cotton Wick and Coil life
Hi Everybody I've just taken delivery of my new Sub tank Air_kiss.. and I will soon be having a go at my first ever build. How long will the wick and coil last how often will I need to change the wick and coil Huh any advice will be appreciated

Vaping Saves Lives. To vape is to advocate..
20-12-2014 12:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,014
RE: Cotton Wick and Coil life
Welcome to The Vaping Forum Rob!

Congrats on getting your tank buddy, here's a very handy coil calculator to give you a helping hand. http://coiltoy.ermeso.com/ you might find it useful.

Depending on the wire you should get a decent life out of a rebuildable coil. Thicker wires generally last longer, and the great thing about DIY coils is that you can just pull out the wicking, dryburn them and rewick and you're good to go again.

If you're going to be using the replaceable coils I'm not too sure how long they'll last but from seeing the design characteristics and the sheer size, I think you'll get a really decent life out of them. Also if you want to go down the route of attempting to re-coil one yourself, it doesn't look like it would be hard to do at all. 

Let us know how it works out for you Good
20-12-2014 01:20 PM
Robjenko Offline
Squonk and toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 1,940
(20-12-2014 01:20 PM)Spasmod Wrote:  Welcome to The Vaping Forum Rob!

Congrats on getting your tank buddy, here's a very handy coil calculator to give you a helping hand. http://coiltoy.ermeso.com/ you might find it useful.

Depending on the wire you should get a decent life out of a rebuildable coil. Thicker wires generally last longer, and the great thing about DIY coils is that you can just pull out the wicking, dryburn them and rewick and you're good to go again.

If you're going to be using the replaceable coils I'm not too sure how long they'll last but from seeing the design characteristics and the sheer size, I think you'll get a really decent life out of them. Also if you want to go down the route of attempting to re-coil one yourself, it doesn't look like it would be hard to do at all. 

Let us know how it works out for you Good
Hi Spasmod. thanks for the reply ..Good I will defo let you know how I get on with me very first build

Vaping Saves Lives. To vape is to advocate..
20-12-2014 01:58 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Robjenko's post:
Spasmod (12-20-2014)
BOB Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 10,046
hi rob welcome to  TVF
looks like you made a good choice on your new tankGood

if at first you don't succeed ,call it version 1.0
20-12-2014 04:33 PM