Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Confused Vapor
kumarpr227 Offline

Likes Given: 0
Confused Vapor
Hi all. I have been vaping for about a mth, went from a pack of ciggs a day to just vaping. No regrets.

My gear

UD Balrog 70 box mod (mod only not the kit).

Tank 1

The council of vapor Vengeance Tank

Tank 2

Aspire Cleito

I was hoping someone could help me out with a few questions I had. I live in Chengdu, China. Products available to us are a bit limited when compared to North American and Europe. Also Chengdu is a city of 7mill+ and I only know of about 4 vape stores in the city. It’s getting more popular but the sales staff are not the most knowledgeable.

I made my purchase of the Blarog 70 and vengeance tank based on readings and various YouTube reviews. Vaping is still a bit of information overload for me.

I am very satisfied with this set up. I realized quickly that the vengeance tank is a bit small for me for a day of work. It’s about 2.0ml. I don’t want to be messing with adding more oil and bringing spare oil bottles to work with me.

So I then picked up tank 2 the aspire Cleito. It’s about 3.5ml in size. The cost of the Cleito was 1/3 less than the cost of the vengeance.

After trying them both for a week I have found I like the flavor that comes from the Vengeance more than the aspire.

I know that taste is subjective. My first question:

Do I like the vengeance more because it costs more, the placebo effect, or is it a better tank?

Could someone give some recommendations on tanks that are 3.5ml+ that would have similar flavor as my vengeance.

My 2nd question is about my mod. When I have the watts set to 70 the flavor seems to be better than when the watts are set to 50. Does this mean if I have a 200watt mod then the flavor would be even better?

Could someone give me some suggestions on a mod upgrade. Longer lasting battery, prefer user replaceable, and more wattage. But again I like the simplicity of my current set up.

No interest in adding complexity.

Thanks in advance for your help.
07-10-2016 05:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Robjenko Offline
Squonk and toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 2,295
RE: Confused Vapor
Links Removed Please read the rules

Vaping Saves Lives. To vape is to advocate..
07-10-2016 07:17 AM
bibliora Offline
Where did I go??

Likes Given: 3,001
Kumar, welcome to the forum. This is a great place for asking questions. When you have the time, you should read the articles in the FAQ Section. Let me see if I can answer some of your questions.

The Balrog kit is recommend by several forum members as a good starter kit. My most recent upgrade is the IPV 6x, which I love, but it does have issues. If the batteries are put in the wrong way, it will autofire as the highest wattage, which could render your mod useless. There are so many options, do you have a budget? Are there any you've looked at that you like.

The Cleito is a nice tank, I have one. There is replacement glass that will increase the capacity to 5ml.

[Image: banner.png?p=15_4_2016_1.2_7__1__1_0_757575_c50707]

Bibliora aka Torrey Girl_wink
07-10-2016 07:31 AM
kumarpr227 Offline

Likes Given: 0
i don't really have a budget but I have a patience limit.

The reason I like the balrog is its so simple.  I also like the aspire but just for its size.  I prefer the taste of my COV vengeance.

Also you are not really able to try products in china all that much, once it comes out of the box you own it.  So the few vape shops we have in Chengdu have a lot of different different mods at different price points.  However as a customer you can't really try the product unless you buy it.

If I have a more wattage mod will flavor be better?

I have spent some time reading the FAQ page, but when reading about no budget the recommendations are a little too complicated for my liking, I like simple.

What I am looking for is a higher quality tank than the aspire and maybe even 4ml or more.  It might just be in my mind but I get a more flavor from the COV.  

Also what would you suggest for a step up from the balrog.  I don't want to mess with making sure all the batteries have the correct amount of charge and stuff like that.  I would like user replaceable batteries.  Also I have noticed that my balrog doesn't last me a full day at work on one charge.

Thanks again for your help.

Sorry about the links.
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2016 10:11 AM by kumarpr227.)
07-10-2016 10:09 AM
bibliora Offline
Where did I go??

Likes Given: 3,001
(07-10-2016 10:09 AM)kumarpr227 Wrote:  What I am looking for is a higher quality tank than the aspire and maybe even 4ml or more.  It might just be in my mind but I get a more flavor from the COV.  
I hear great things about the Cleito 120. My personal favorite is the Crown. Uwell had a problem with the coil for the Crown 2, but I understand that has been corrected.

[Image: banner.png?p=15_4_2016_1.2_7__1__1_0_757575_c50707]

Bibliora aka Torrey Girl_wink
07-10-2016 11:11 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes bibliora's post:
Fatboy (10-07-2016)