Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Complex coils for flavor. Whats YO preference!?!
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
RE: Complex coils for flavor. Whats YO preference!?!
Huh. I didn't realize that's what a juggernaut coil is. I made something similar for the TVF Coil Challenge a few months ago and wasn't impressed. 

For my money, a fused clapton with a twisted outer wrap is the way to go for flavor. It's just as easy to make as a regular fused clapton, and the twisted outer wrap sucks the juice into the coil even better than a normal fused clapton. 

Basically, the different kinds of coils are all trying to suck the juice into the coil using capillary action. That's why twisted wire works so well: the twists catch little pockets of juice, effectively turning the coil into its own wick. Claptons and fused claptons do basically the same thing, trapping little pockets of juice in between the wraps. The twisted wrapped fused clapton takes it a step further, with the twisted wire ducking even more juice into the coil. You can actually use this coil without wick at all in an RDA and just watch the juice soak into it, and get at least 2-3 puffs before it goes completely dry. Every complex build does the same thing, in different ways. For example a stapled fused helix traps juice between the strands of ribbon wire, and a juggernaut coil is supposed to trap the juice within the clapton wraps and underneath the ribbon wrap. But to me, those aren't really worth the extra effort to build, though I'm sure if you're buying them pre-made they're nice. I've tried most builds, and there isn't anything that's immensely better than fused claptons, at least not enough to be worth the effort to me. 
12-01-2017 11:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Michael's post:
Fatboy (01-12-2017), gentlydoingit* (01-13-2017)
Don29palms Offline

Likes Given: 46
Yeah like I said juggernauts or fused claptons are my favorites. Any kind of clapton is so very simple to make with the daedalus. Like ol' Ron Popeil use to say "SET IT AND FORGET IT!"
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2017 11:15 PM by Don29palms.)
12-01-2017 11:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,266
Staple coils are ultimately my favorite but they're a pia to make well. Fc's come a very close second and some variant is in pretty much every atty I have. Smile

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
13-01-2017 02:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply