Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Common Vaping Myths
stickle Offline

Likes Given: 29
RE: Common Vaping Myths
E-cigs contain nicotine.  They don't unless you put nicotine in them.
22-03-2015 10:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like stickle's post:
BOB (03-23-2015), Michael (03-23-2015)
DEATHquidox Offline

Likes Given: 0
Doing the math some people smoke 2 Packs a day. They buy cartons. Cartons are 50$ a box 10 packs in a box. 2 packs a day will last you 5 days. But we will round that to 7 so 50$ a week. Theres 52 weeks in a year that's 50×52 that's 2,600$  a year for cigs. 

Starter pen is 50$ and 5$ for aa bottle of juice. A bottle depending on how much you vape and ur build will last you 2+ weeks easy if ur just vaping that one flavor. So ur spending 50$ + 2 bottles every month that's 170$ a year vaping yeahhhhh let that sink in
22-11-2015 04:23 AM
paulS Offline
I'm incorrigible
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,051
I have not found vaping cheaper than cigarettes. I can go through a lot of juice a day. I like buying new mods and tanks and RDAs. I have probably spent more over the past four years on vape gear than i would have smoking for six years. I smoked a pack a day, btw.

Unfortunately vaping technology has outrun medical issues connected with vaping. We have no idea what vaping at 100+ watts does to our systems yet. We really do not know what is a safe level for vaping yet. Is chain vaping healthy? I doubt that there are no side effects. Now I'm sure it is healthier than tar and chemicals in my lungs and body. My doctor has said I look way better since I sytarted vaping and gave up cigs but ... we really need more research into the effects long term of vaping. There are a lot of new materials and a lot of more powerful devices out now and we are vaping in ignorance. 

That siad - I build drip vape repeat all day!

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
22-11-2015 04:57 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes paulS's post:
Eggza (08-06-2016)
Whiskey Offline

Likes Given: 2,590
(22-11-2015 04:57 AM)paulS Wrote:  I have not found vaping cheaper than cigarettes. I can go through a lot of juice a day. I like buying new mods and tanks and RDAs. I have probably spent more over the past four years on vape gear than i would have smoking for six years. I smoked a pack a day, btw.
LOL, there's your problem
Unfortunately vaping technology has outrun medical issues connected with vaping. We have no idea what vaping at 100+ watts does to our systems yet. We really do not know what is a safe level for vaping yet. Is chain vaping healthy? I doubt that there are no side effects. Now I'm sure it is healthier than tar and chemicals in my lungs and body. My doctor has said I look way better since I sytarted vaping and gave up cigs but ... we really need more research into the effects long term of vaping. There are a lot of new materials and a lot of more powerful devices out now and we are vaping in ignorance. 
Most of the improvements made now, are healthier to vape with
22-11-2015 01:08 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Whiskey's post:
ecignut (11-22-2015)
paulS Offline
I'm incorrigible
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,051
(22-11-2015 01:08 PM)Whiskey Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 04:57 AM)paulS Wrote:  I have not found vaping cheaper than cigarettes. I can go through a lot of juice a day. I like buying new mods and tanks and RDAs. I have probably spent more over the past four years on vape gear than i would have smoking for six years. I smoked a pack a day, btw.
LOL, there's your problem
Most of the improvements made now, are healthier to vape with

Who said it was a problem, lol. Now you sound like my wife!

Are the improvements healthier? We don't yet know all the facts. And of course we all have different vaping habits.

But honestly, for me it is both a way to quit smoking and my avocation though at times feels like my vocation, lol.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
22-11-2015 05:31 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like paulS's post:
Eggza (08-06-2016), gentlydoingit* (11-22-2015), Michael (05-02-2016)
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,297
LOL @ the cost math!

Not to be rude, it's just that I don't know what kinda juice you're getting for $5, but good stuff is $12-22 for 30 ml.  And most of us are way past 30 ml in a month - that'll last me 3 days if I'm really careful.  I've also blastewd through more than that in a day before.

Right now - for me - it's broken down as follows:  

Total spent on equipment in 2 years for 2 people (me & wifey): $500.00.  This includes stuff we don't use anymore as we upgraded, but that's the total.

Average spent on juice: I buy in large quantities and get 480 ml for around $80, plus a couple of smaller bottles for her.  Call it $100/mo, though that's probably high.  That's a month's worth.  It was less in the begining, but my juice use has skyrocketed since I started building my own coils and playing with higher power levels.

What we used to spend on smokes betwen teh two of us (prices vary by brand and state, this was us):  Roughly $600.

Yeah - coming out WAY ahead, lol.

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
24-11-2015 07:47 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Almost Jaded's post:
ecignut (11-24-2015), Michael (05-02-2016)
bibliora Offline
Where did I go??

Likes Given: 3,001
As I'm on a budget, going from a pack a day, to 20ml of juice a week is saving me a lot of money.  I spent $80 for a starter kit and some juice, and $15 on juices and a tank upgrade.  I've been vaping for about 6 weeks.  So I would have spent $250 a month on cigs and about $65 on vaping, which includes my starting costs. Moving forward I expect my vaping to cost about 20% less than smoking. I'm not a hobby person so I don't see lots of new mods in my future.  Big savings over time.  Like any hobby, you can spend as much as you want.  How much you spend does not reflect how much you enjoy a hobby.  I'm a happy camper.  I'm only irritated by the fact my stubbornness stopped me from vaping years ago.  Honestly, in my work environment it felt like peer pressure.

One on the best myth busters is I can step down my nic level.  The latest batches of juice I got were half as much as the ones I first got and I'm not having any issues.

-Torrey
02-05-2016 07:26 AM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
The math is different for everyone. If you're using a vape pen and cheap juice, DEATHquidox is right. You can get Hangsen juice (which is actually pretty good stuff) for about $5 for 30ml, and if you're using an eGo style pen vape it's not as easy to vape large quantities of juice quickly. 

On the other end of the spectrum, we've got premium juice at $30 for 30ml, blow through that in a day or two and obviously it'll be more expensive. 

I'm somewhere in between. I like buying new mods and atties, I've got probably about $400 tied up in mods, atties, batteries, charger, etc. But I also mix my own juice, and a 30ml bottle costs me about $1 including the cost of the plastic bottle itself and the juice inside. A few months ago I made a liter of juice (1000ml) that cost me about $80, and I'm just now getting down to the last two bottles. That's pretty damn cost effective. 
02-05-2016 01:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Truax Offline

Likes Given: 0
You guys seem to have gotten off easy tobacco cost wise. Here in NYC a pack is 13-14$. I've been vaping a lousy 6 days, went a little nuts with the juice, and hardware, but still I'm just a little over my weekly (now non-existing) tobacco costs. I've got WAY more than a months worth of vape supply, and doubt I've even found "the good deals" yet.
06-08-2016 08:19 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Truax's post:
Fatboy (08-06-2016)
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 19,094
Welcome to TVF Truax, not the general intro section but welcome just the same!

Here in Canada I was paying $12 per pack and smoking a pack a day....using the below link and tracker, I have saved nearly $2300 from not smoking and realistically likely have spent 50% of the "saved" on mods, RDAs, RTAs, batteries, chargers, DIY coil supplies, tools, e-juice supplies, base stock, flavour concentrates, etc....if I don't make a single purchase, with what I have on hand right now, I could easily survive vaping for at least 6 months....all on less than 50% of what I would have spent on cigs to date...

[Image: 1457330400_25_1_USD_12.00_dark.png]
06-08-2016 08:32 PM